Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo

Quietest November since.....?

I agree with Mojo 121,November is November,if you know what you are doing,there is business out there.This November has been even better for buying stuff,possibly as good as I can remember since the Oil Crisis (that is a long time ago).Looking forward,first 2 weeks in Dec.virtually F/All,week before X/mas one or two, between Boxing Day and New Year,very busy.Early to mid January,very little trade about.Early Feb,book goes up a lot and retail comes back.etc.I know there will be regional variations,but that is my experience going back years.For those guys doing ‘nowt’,the bottom line is,they may have the wrong stock or they could be too greedy,so they have to take some medicine,take some hits and replace their stock.........

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

There seems to be a massive difference in how everyone's doing out there.

We're on for our best ever year and November has been on par with our busiest (and most profitable more importantly) months. Literally can't get quality stock quickly enough despite not being a particularly cheap forecourt for our stock range.

On the flip side a similar set up 3 miles away packed up in autumn and our nearest competitor a mile up the road has just called us up offering us his stock because he's packing it in at Christmas. Gotta feel for those of you not doing so well because we're all very aware how quickly it can change.

Chin up lads and best of luck.

I'm with you Grant, I've also had my best year with December still to go. As a Sole Trader, keeping your costs down is the key, and before anyone assumes.... I don't save on mechanical prep, all my cars independently inspected and PDI'd properly. I save £££££'s on the bodywork, wheels etc by not making a 10 year old car mint. I will also say, video has made a huge difference to my business. "People buy from people" and instilling trust and guaranteeing accuracy has made all the difference to my business, the customer knowing upfront who they will deal with and what they are actually buying is the key. 

• Like 2