Mat C

Showroom / Workshop Floor

On 11/13/2017 at 9:57 PM, have a word with the wife said:

my opinion is 3mm is not thick enough, and definitely not suitable [ vinyl] near a ramp, 5mm best for heavy traffic and uneven floor, i would close the doors, hire a heater and gas bottle, sweep then mop HALF of your area, and when dry paint it, roller, stuck in end of broom handle.

i have seen [and dont forget its getting cold now] a friend had to delay opening his new garage for a week + due to paint being tacky, a properly painted floor resists water, sweeps easy, mops easy, and oil leaks arent a concern.

Trust me. 3mm of proper industrial flooring is perfect . As I always say to Mrs S, size doesn' matter :)

When my workshop gets built next year I'll be getting this 

http://plasfloor.co.uk/

Not cheap but should be very durable, if you want paint then epoxy paint is the only way to go, any other paint in my experience will lift if a car has been sitting on it for anything more than a few days 

Just had our floor done by Resin Floors Telford. Great job and reasonable prices, would reccomend to anyone after a decent showroom floor.

floor1.jpg

floor2.jpg

floor3.jpg

Edited by BCC
spelling mistake

42 minutes ago, BCC said:

Just had our floor done by Resin Floors Telford. Great job and reasonable prices, would reccomend to anyone after a decent showroom floor.

That looks great.

i have been looking in to flooring recently, how big was the area covered? How much did it cost you if you? don't mind me asking of course.

1 hour ago, Meadowbrook Motors said:

That looks great.

i have been looking in to flooring recently, how big was the area covered? How much did it cost you if you? don't mind me asking of course.

Its about 200 sq m in total.  Took 3 people 4 days to complete. Two days of diamond grinding, sanding, digging out and filling. Then two coats of epoxy resin coating.

Cost us £2500 in total including an oil tolerant primer as our concrete was full of oil from being a workshop previously.

28 minutes ago, BCC said:

Its about 200 sq m in total.  Took 3 people 4 days to complete. Two days of diamond grinding, sanding, digging out and filling. Then two coats of epoxy resin coating.

Cost us £2500 in total including an oil tolerant primer as our concrete was full of oil from being a workshop previously.

any finished piccys, £2500 sounds a very fair price 

25 minutes ago, justina3 said:

any finished piccys, £2500 sounds a very fair price 

Photos should be above :)

2 hours ago, BCC said:

Photos should be above :)

wowsers thats some lovely stock you have there