5 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Hi RH

Did they actually call themselves ‘lndustry heavyweights ‘.Having searched one or two of them,that is definateley not the case.

As I've mentioned before I think an association is a good idea but I don't think they are necessarily the right guys to do it. If they can't debate in a robust manner on a used car dealer forum without getting a 'strop on' and/or getting personal what chance do they have lobbying government?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jimreidvehicle said:

It is disappointing that since not being selected as the provider of the IMDA legal helpline Lawgistics has chosen to actively undermine the association and cast aspersions on the motivation behind the involvement of the founder members.

The Motortrade.Me trade to trade platform is not owned by the IMDA or its founder members. We were approached by the owner with an offer to make the service available to members at a cost to the association. There was no personal benefit to the founder members or associated companies.

Following the launch on 5th November the feedback we received was that, unlike other member benefits, the platform was not seen as a significant attraction, and we made the decision to remove it from the offering.

This together with the wide ranging support we have received from suppliers has meant that at the Motortrader Summit we were able to announce that membership would be free of charge until at least 19th January 2019.

It has always been clear that the Legal Helpline was limited to telephone advice only. It has not been downgraded.

The membership agreement has always been available for prospective members to read, and in fact all applicants are asked to send in a signed copy. The 90 day termination clause was originally adopted by the founder members to provide stability, but was no longer appropriate once the membership was offered free of charge.

The aims of the IMDA are our four pillars

·         Buying Power

·         Voice

·         Support

·         Recognition

We will continue to consult with members about the most appropriate ways to pursue those aims. Members will also have the opportunity to elect committee members at a future AGM.

The association and its founding members will continue to act in good faith, with professionalism and integrity. Dealers and suppliers sharing those values will be very welcome at www.theimda.co.uk where you will also find contact details to discuss any specific issues directly.

We will not be responding further on this thread.

Well......... There we have it. I shall also not be responding further as this is a gigantic waste of time.

• Like 2

Lets not forget you asked for feedback and said it would be appreciated. You got mixed feedback and took your toys home because you didn't like it.

its the UK motor industries best kept secret because you won't tell anyone about it and cover it in a shroud of fog

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

Can I join ..... do I have to learn a secret silly handshake .

No but you need to be able to shoot straight and hog tie a calf

It’s such a shame the IMDA’s approach and responses to genuine questions were responded with patronisation and arrogance. Why, I keep asking myself why...... 

On 29/11/2017 at 10:10 PM, jimreidvehicle said:

It is disappointing that since not being selected as the provider of the IMDA legal helpline Lawgistics has chosen to actively undermine the association and cast aspersions on the motivation behind the involvement of the founder members.

It has always been clear that the Legal Helpline was limited to telephone advice only. It has not been downgraded.

We will not be responding further on this thread.

totally unfair to put lawgistics down in this way, theyve made fair points, asked good questions, and brought to your attention "detail" .

i lost interest when i saw quote  REPUTABLE DEALERS NEED ONLY APPLY how the hell this works i dont know :unsure:

legal helpline by telephone only ? even me as a humble [reputable] dealer can see that the way forward with that one is to include common legal questions and answers in a forum ?!

anyway, a company thats not responding any further to this SUPERB CAR DEALER FORUM  is just beyond me 

On 08/11/2017 at 10:08 AM, Rory RSC said:

Struggling to see why the animosity towards the IMDA. I've only ever spoken to a couple of them and I'm sure they have best interests of the trade at heart. I'm also pretty certain they have better things to do with their time so hats off to them and any 'doers' in this society who get nothing tangible in return. Now that there are no fees I'll be joining, seems like a bit of a no brainer to be honest.

That said, I have to say this thread has done 'them' or 'us' no favours. I'm on all three major car dealer forums and it appears this is the only one where it is being discussed so for The IMDA to start a thread on here and then take their ball home when they don't like what is being said is poor form in my opinion, just imagine if Bethany did that?

2 hours ago, sparky said:

Struggling to see why the animosity towards the IMDA. I've only ever spoken to a couple of them and I'm sure they have best interests of the trade at heart. I'm also pretty certain they have better things to do with their time so hats off to them and any 'doers' in this society who get nothing tangible in return. Now that there are no fees I'll be joining, seems like a bit of a no brainer to be honest.

That said, I have to say this thread has done 'them' or 'us' no favours. I'm on all three major car dealer forums and it appears this is the only one where it is being discussed so for The IMDA to start a thread on here and then take their ball home when they don't like what is being said is poor form in my opinion, just imagine if Bethany did that?

Sparky, I don't think anyone on this forum had any initial animosity towards the IMDA, I believe we all want it to work for the benefit of all of us. The animosity has grown from disbelief in the unprofessional, belittling, arrogant, patronising replies to simple genuine questions and equally the complete lack of replies. I have also spoken to several of them and they seem genuine guys who want to help, but as I've said before, I can't get my head round why they have acted the way they have. It doesn't look good.....Just my opinion............

• Like 2

Perhaps someone could post this thread on their twitter forum or the other ones. I don't go on other forums as it tends to be full of posts about it being quiet, deadest month ever, I don't really find anything useful to read except this one.

They may reply to the questions if more people read them. Lawjaw has some very legitimate questions and I'd like to hear the answers but Jim, Umesh and the rest of the magnificent 7 have all shut up shop on here, even their spokesman David Bilsborough seems to have taken a vow of silence!

Hopefully not for good as sometimes what they post is quiet useful, particularly umesh and I like and respect his judgement highly

5 hours ago, sparky said:

Sparky..assuming AT is one the other forums , which is the third please ?

Ta

On 11/29/2017 at 10:10 PM, jimreidvehicle said:

Dear IMDA,

We are sorry you have chosen to take our questions as ‘actively undermining the association’ as this was never our intention. We have to date ignored the slights, adverse comment and personal attacks on ourselves, choosing to remain professional and address the issues that affect the trade.

Prelaunch, when you asked us to quote to provide the legal helpline, we offered our help for FREE. We also offered to write content, promote your cause and stand in partnership together as a voice for the independents BUT we also expressed our concerns about providing a branded legal helpline. We thought it was important dealers joined for the Voice, not ‘CHEAP’ legal advice but you were adamant that this was what you wanted, so we quoted accordingly.

Unfortunately, your expectations were not met when we offered our support at a realistic and sustainable price to provide the quality of legal support that the trade deserves. You considered that it was not sufficiently ‘cheap’ and you therefore decided to go with another legal firm. That is your prerogative. Regrettably you then chose to align yourselves as our competitor offering FREE legal advice.

lawyer%20for%20250.png

This advert suggests members will not require a lawyer if they join the IMDA. It is NOT clear that this is a legal helpline only. This was deceptive and sought to damage other competitors.

Furthermore, the series of adverts you then published on social media, could only be considered as having been designed with a view to actively undermine the competition. They to do not make it clear that this is a legal helpline only and is not compatible with the services offered by other competitors.

trusted%20legal.jpg

If you continue to promote your legal helpline in such a manner, as competitors, we will naturally differentiate our position from your own. We will certainly not cast aspersions on the motivation behind the involvement of the founder members. Our questions have been and will be based on fact, the speculation that arose was solely because of your silence.

On the 7th November a forum member made you aware that the company providing your lead benefit, the trade to trade platform had liquidated in March and asked you how they could be trading and what was your relationship?

You answered, “We have partnered with Motortrade Me as the platform was already ready and works fantastically well and therefore we managed to negotiation a deal with them which we as an Association have managed to include into the subscription too. If you wish to join superb however we only invite proper dealers, make sure you have you have your vat number ready along with trade insurance and two trade references along with the signed Code of Conduct. Nothing underhand, everything above board and we wish to bring a strong voice for the trade! Hopefully it will stop all the moaning that goes on in our trade!”.

This did not answer the question, so the forum member asked again... but you refused to comment further.

This was a fair question that deserved an explanation. This could legally compromise both independent dealers wishing to join the IMDA and the founding members, so we asked for clarification of the ownership of MotortradeMe. To which we have had no answer to date.

1st%20post.JPG

However, twelve hours after asking the question the MotortradeMe T + C’s were revised on their website and soon after you removed them as a main benefit of joining the IMDA.

You now say they are not owned by the IMDA but your website belies the truth and states otherwise.

imda%20trade%20to%20trade.JPG

You say that “following the launch on 5th November the feedback about the platform was not seen as a significant attraction, and we made the decision to remove it from the offering”. However, this does not correlate with the poll you ran, after this date which suggests 50% of your voters would use a trade 2 trade platform. This makes it clear that you were still looking for feedback after the launch.

poll2.jpg

With reference to your statement the membership agreement has always been available, this we concur however you said that “the 90- day clause was removed as it was no longer appropriate once the membership was offered free”. This is disingenuous, it was still there when you published. We asked you to remove it because it was illegal and unfair. We note that you did this within 48 hours of our request which we applaud, and was the response we would expect from an association wanting to ensure that they were acting in a fair, transparent and legally compliant manner.

If we had published our concerns in our ‘legal updates’ they would have been available and possibly read by a number of Trading Standards Officers. You might have found others enforcing the legislation rather than you having the opportunity to change the offending term.

We commend you on your four pillars but strongly advise you to review the foundations that they are standing on. If you feel you are being ‘undermined’ consider the way you are projecting yourselves... there is no ‘negative energy’ here; just constructive advice, and honest and valuable feedback. We want you to get it right and succeed.

Indeed, we have travelled to speak with IMDA founders to show our solidarity with your goals. We offered our help for free. So we are offended by your accusation that we are attempting to undermine the IMDA. We have asked questions that are pertinent to our members.

We have kept this thread within the confines of this forum ONLY out of respect of what you are trying to achieve. However, as you have made it clear that you are no longer answering questions on this forum we will have no other option but to ask any further questions in an ‘open letter’ through our voice – the legal updates.

“It’s not what happens in life that’s important, it’s how you respond to what happens that matters”

49 minutes ago, LawJaw said:

We want you to get it right and succeed.

;)

Edited by twerp

Genuine question putting all this nonsense to one side what exactly is the point of this association?

Free or not. What would I gain that I dont already have?

I am not expecting a reply from one of the founders because they have made it clear they wont reply on here or any other forum aside from the one they run which you have to be a member of before you can ask any questions about being a member.

Can anyone answer this in a nice simple way that a numpty like me can understand please?

Edited by SuperLease

8 hours ago, SuperLease said:

Genuine question putting all this nonsense to one side what exactly is the point of this association?

Free or not. What would I gain that I dont already have?

I am not expecting a reply from one of the founders because they have made it clear they wont reply on here or any other forum aside from the one they run which you have to be a member of before you can ask any questions about being a member.

Can anyone answer this in a nice simple way that a numpty like me can understand please?

Superlease pleasure to answer : Just some of the benefits 

What are the benefits of joining The IMDA ?

• Full Access to use the Trade only IMDA Forum which over the years has be an invaluable tool for sharing industry knowledge & best practice between dealers.  
  • Legal Advice through Lawdata (Legal experts in the Automotive field) with a dedicated Legal Helpline.
  • Full Access to The IMDA Hub- Industry Information & learning Hub with relevant news & views.
  • Choose from a wide range of Exclusive IMDA Offers from various handpicked Approved Suppliers.
  • Daily updated blogs from Industry Experts sharing their views & news.
  • Get your Voice heard as we lobby Corporations & Government on your behalf.
  • Support with FCA Compliance, GDPR, HR & Employment Law at the end of the phone.
  •  

Benefits that will help you run your business more efficiently either by cutting costs or adding value and time to your already busy schedule, THE Place for all your resource.

Hope these help to give you an indication of what the Association is about ? 

Umesh 

• Like 1

so the magnificent seven return for a sales pitch but not to answer any of the above...;) 

8 hours ago, umesh said:

• Full Access to use the Trade only IMDA Forum which over the years has be an invaluable tool for sharing industry knowledge & best practice between dealers.  
  • Legal Advice through Lawdata (Legal experts in the Automotive field) with a dedicated Legal Helpline.
  • Full Access to The IMDA Hub- Industry Information & learning Hub with relevant news & views.
  • Choose from a wide range of Exclusive IMDA Offers from various handpicked Approved Suppliers.
  • Support with FCA Compliance, GDPR, HR & Employment Law at the end of the phone.
  •  

Benefits that will help you run your business more efficiently either by cutting costs or adding value and time to your already busy schedule, THE Place for all your resource.

Umesh 

I think future benefits will become apparent in time and I take my hat off to the people who have given their time to help the trade, Its a shame that there has been a lot of negativity on this forum about it, It is a new venture and may have a few problems getting off the ground and keeping all the doubters happy but if it is run as a proper and trustworthy organisation it should help give all honest independent dealers a bit more credibility, a few of you may call the so called magnificent 7 for not answering all questions straight away, I personally would have told a lot of the nit pickers to fcuk right off because I am sure they are also busy trying to earn a living so respect to them for biting the tongue, as a new venture I personally would not have paid to join as it is an unknown quantity but I have joined now that its free and if it is a success then I wouldn't mind paying in the future, I hope more dealers and suppliers get behind the IMDA and make a success of it, teething troubles can be ironed out with the support of honest dealers, stop acting like opposing political parties and join together and help each other, you never know you may benefit from it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, umesh said:

•  

Umesh 

Thanks for that Umesh this makes it much clearer. As for the hand picked suppliers do you have a definitive list please?

3 hours ago, whitestone679231 said:

I think future benefits will become apparent in time and I take my hat off to the people who have given their time to help the trade, Its a shame that there has been a lot of negativity on this forum about it, It is a new venture and may have a few problems getting off the ground and keeping all the doubters happy but if it is run as a proper and trustworthy organisation it should help give all honest independent dealers a bit more credibility, a few of you may call the so called magnificent 7 for not answering all questions straight away, I personally would have told a lot of the nit pickers to fcuk right off because I am sure they are also busy trying to earn a living so respect to them for biting the tongue, as a new venture I personally would not have paid to join as it is an unknown quantity but I have joined now that its free and if it is a success then I wouldn't mind paying in the future, I hope more dealers and suppliers get behind the IMDA and make a success of it, teething troubles can be ironed out with the support of honest dealers, stop acting like opposing political parties and join together and help each other, you never know you may benefit from it.

Whitestone, we all want the principle of the IMDA to work. 

13 hours ago, SuperLease said:

Thanks for that Umesh this makes it much clearer. As for the hand picked suppliers do you have a definitive list please?

The list of suppliers / partners are all on the www.theimdahub.co.uk , This is changing and updated on a very regular basis as new suppliers/partners come on board. All the approved members have full access to this information. Joining is simple process from www.theimda.co.uk [ Should dealers wish to join] 

Hope that helps 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, umesh said:

The list of suppliers / partners are all on the www.theimdahub.co.uk , This is changing and updated on a very regular basis as new suppliers/partners come on board. All the approved members have full access to this information. Joining is simple process from www.theimda.co.uk [ Should dealers wish to join] 

Hope that helps 

1 hour ago, umesh said:

Hope that helps 

Currently we have 20 live suppliers with exclusive deals for IMDA members and another 20 awaiting to go live on the hub, to name a few 

Click Dealer 

Carsnip

Tootle

WMS Warranty Group

CitNow

Fleet Auction Group 

G Forces 

Total circa 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, umesh said:

Currently we have 20 live suppliers with exclusive deals for IMDA members and another 20 awaiting to go live on the hub, to name a few 

Click Dealer 

Carsnip

Tootle

WMS Warranty Group

CitNow

Fleet Auction Group 

G Forces 

Total circa 

Very helpful and thank you I’m already using a few of these so I will get in touch with them to see how it might affect my current deal if I was to join. Great work by the way some good businesses on this list. Every little helps and all that....