Good Morning Guys , 

The IMDA was officially launched yesterday with a big bang 5th November - Simply pop over www.theimda.co.uk And please give us your feedback / thoughts 

on here or better still drop us an email if you're shy about posting on here :) hello@theimda.co.uk

Many Thanks

Umesh

#TeamIMDA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RH Trading said:

How much is it Umesh?

£250+ VAT (£300) Per Annam, however if you join now renewal won't be until January 2019. We have a 'trade 2 trade' platform partner included in that offer +  Free Legal help* , Advertising deals , motor trade insurance to name a few ++++ There is so much on offer and so many suppliers with EXCLUSIVE Deals to IMDA members , we have at last count 20+ Suppliers already agreed and signed another 8/10 on the wing .. this is a great opportunity for dealers. - What else can you get for £21 per month ??  www.theimda.co.uk or give me a call anything 01782822700  

thanks umesh, sounds great, will do, its nothing to do with the autovolvo thing is it? note the same person involved with both of these

3 hours ago, RH Trading said:

thanks umesh, sounds great, will do, its nothing to do with the autovolvo thing is it? note the same person involved with both of these

Autovola NOT involved at all in any shape or form.! 

The founder Members are the ' Magnificent 7 ' :) ALL Very respected dealer plus one industry expert - I'm sure you'll recognise some if not all of these names.

Jim Reid - Jim Reid Vehicle Sales

David Bilsborough - Cheshire Cars

Phil Weaver - Knickerbrook Cars

Stuart Saunders - Urban Motor Company

Chris Roach - Chequers Cars 

Philip Nothard - Cox Automotive 

And ME 

www.theimda.co.uk 

• Like 1

Hi Umesh

Pretty sure I registered previously, been getting the mailshots but my login details don't work 

Rish

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Autovola NOT involved at all in any shape or form.! 

Why Umesh, please explain ? And don't be shy...

What's the story with 'Autovola'?

looked into Jim's autovolo and the independent dealer council 1000 voices thing last year, seemed like a good idea, the Imda looks similar but think its a Motors thing isn't it with the Cox guy? is it cheaper to go on there now? also if I sign up my £300 should I cancel a mototrtrade me subscription?

IMDA is a totally new thing guys if you've not realised , its a Association to help independent Motor Dealers , Autovola to remind you was simply a classified platform - no story just different in every way.

Seems big confusion with 'registered and login ' to clarify ' click and join ' was to get details of dealers/supplier who would be interested to know more about the associations and join once launched ( Launched 5th Nov

the old ' twittercardealerforum ' was re-branded ' theimdaforum ' to bring everything in line and those who are members are still members , the log in details have not changed and is still FREE to use.

if you want to become a MEMBER you have to pay £250+vat (300) per annum but renewal wont be until Jan 2019 ! just over £20 per month :) ! The deals we have with many suppliers , great discounts ,  free legal advice , trade to trade platform with motortrade.me , motor trade insurance , training, GDPR Advice, HR Advice , Blogs  ++++++ so much more on offer.

This is not a 'motors' thing as Philip Nothard is one of the founder member but he was working with CAP HPI at the time the IMDA was starting , we are looking at most of the classified advertising platforms to see what the IMDA can do regarding advertising/ marketing .. this literally is changing day by day as we get more business/suppliers on board. 

The Bigger the number of members , the better the deals being offered by suppliers !

Still unsure about joining ? give me a call 01782 822 700 or save a phone call drop me an email and I'll call you :) umesh@theimda.co.uk 

PS 

If you join Motortrade.me direct it will cost you £420 - for the year - if you join IMDA its ONLY £250 , So just one little example there saves your money , what about £200 legal advice ++++ #JustSaying 

Over  to you guys ? WHO'S JOINING ?? 

• Like 1

I had never heard of Autoviola or Motortrademe until now.I have just searched Motortrademe and it appears to have been dissolved in March..However,the same names who operate IMDA are mentioned on Motortrademe website.Have I been mistaken,otherwise why would traders want to invest in IMDA having previously invested in Motortrademe which has failed.Also,again I may be mistaken,but one of the founders of IMDA appears to also run his own Dealer Association ! .Do dealer associations attract government funding,what is going on ?

Good afternoon Dealers.Just to completely clarify and hopefully answer all the sceptics out there.

The IMDA is in no way associated with Autovolo or Motors although we have spoken with Cox to bring some value to the Association.

Our Association has not received any funding from the Government and is totally set up as a not for profit association which means that all subscriptions from dealers and suppliers will be ploughed back into further growing the IMDA to provide even better value for members with more services and products build into the price.

We have partnered with Motortrade Me as the platform was already ready and works fantastically well and therefore we managed to negotiation a deal with them which we as an Association have managed to include into the subscription too.

if you wish to join.superb however we only invite proper dealers, make sure you have you have your vat number ready along with trade insurance and two trade references along with the signed Code of Conduct.

nothing underhand, everything above board and we wish to bring a strong voice for the trade! Hopefully it will stop all the moaning that goes on in our trade!

Jim 

20 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Autovola NOT involved at all in any shape or form.! 

Why Umesh, please explain ? And don't be shy...

No story to tell, it simply didn’t work out, however what we are offering at the IMDA is not commercial and is not for profit.

this is to help Independents gain advantage in the market to stop us having to subsidise the big boys.

7 hours ago, RH Trading said:

looked into Jim's autovolo and the independent dealer council 1000 voices thing last year, seemed like a good idea, the Imda looks similar but think its a Motors thing isn't it with the Cox guy? is it cheaper to go on there now? also if I sign up my £300 should I cancel a mototrtrade me subscription?

Yeh it’s a shame it didn’t work out!

No story to tell, it simply didn’t work out, however what we are offering at the IMDA is not commercial and is not for profit.

this is to help Independents gain advantage in the market to stop us having to subsidise the big boys

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LISL said:

Hi Umesh

Pretty sure I registered previously, been getting the mailshots but my login details don't work 

Rish

Rish

thw Click and Join Lansing Page was to measure the need for an Association was, there is a real appetite for change out there , however we can’t run Ann Association with no money.

the subscription is £250 plus vat with loads of inclusive value check out the website and click to register your subscription, theIMDA.co.uk

11 minutes ago, Knickerbrook said:

Well said Jim. Couldn't have put it better myself.

IMDA.jpg

Cheers 

Isn’t it a sad reflection on today’s society when you put a massive amount of effort into setting up something to support others only to be questioned as if “what’s in it for you?”

Amazing , personally and I can  speak on behalf of the other founders of the IMDA , we are doing this because we CAN, and we see this as a way to help save those who can’t save themselves.

Will it work? I certainly hope so!

But if all we do as an industry is continually moan with no positive action guess what , the prediction of 20% of all Independents going out of business within the next 5 years will become reality!

Become a member now www.theImda.co.uk 

For Passion Not For Profit

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jimreidvehicle said:

Rish

thw Click and Join Lansing Page was to measure the need for an Association was, there is a real appetite for change out there , however we can’t run Ann Association with no money.

the subscription is £250 plus vat with loads of inclusive value check out the website and click to register your subscription, theIMDA.co.uk

Cheers 

Isn’t it a sad reflection on today’s society when you put a massive amount of effort into setting up something to support others only to be questioned as if “what’s in it for you?”

Amazing , personally and I can  speak on behalf of the other founders of the IMDA , we are doing this because we CAN, and we see this as a way to help save those who can’t save themselves.

But if all we do as an industry is continually moan with no positive action guess what , the prediction of 20% of all Independents going out of business within the next 5 years will become reality!

Sad Indeed ! Here to help those who want to be helped , it's a CHOICE ! 

While I wish IMDA the best of luck,I think you should have volunteered the information regarding the Motortrademe connection.If you were pitching on Dragens Den,you would have been shot down ! As for the statement 'not for profit ',what does that mean,someone will profit or why are the subs £250 from the outset.Lets say you achieve 300 members,you may  need to hire a full time chairman plus expenses and probably a part time secretary.There is nothing wrong with that,however it did cross my mind,if IMDA does prove to be successfull,the chairmans job may be better than actually running a pitch ! A good benchmark could be the  1500 member Texas Independent Autodealers Association ( $450 subs ), however it has taken them from 1946 to get to where they are now ! .....So good luck guys.

13 minutes ago, trade vet said:

While I wish IMDA the best of luck,I think you should have volunteered the information regarding the Motortrademe connection.If you were pitching on Dragens Den,you would have been shot down ! As for the statement 'not for profit ',what does that mean,someone will profit or why are the subs £250 from the outset.Lets say you achieve 300 members,you may  need to hire a full time chairman plus expenses and probably a part time secretary.There is nothing wrong with that,however it did cross my mind,if IMDA does prove to be successfull,the chairmans job may be better than actually running a pitch ! A good benchmark could be the  1500 member Texas Independent Autodealers Association ( $450 subs ), however it has taken them from 1946 to get to where they are now ! .....So good luck guys.

Trade Vet, I really am struggling with your comments.

Not For Profit means exactly that , all money made after costs for running it are met is ploughed back into the Association to help make it grow to help make it better  for Dealers.

Think we have covered the Motortrade me  question ? Or did you miss the answer!

To keep costs to a complete minimum I’m more than happy to be Chairman for as long as it help the IMDA , no doubt it will become a full time job once busier.

We have absolutely nothing to hide, and if you don’t ‘get it’ it’s fine there are plenty who do.

many thanks for your comments I’ll keep the Dragons Dens tips on file just in case I ever need them !

All the best

Jim

18 minutes ago, jimreidvehicle said:

Trade Vet, I really am struggling with your comments.

Not For Profit means exactly that , all money made after costs for running it are met is ploughed back into the Association to help make it grow to help make it better  for Dealers.

Think we have covered the Motortrade me  question ? Or did you miss the answer!

To keep costs to a complete minimum I’m more than happy to be Chairman for as long as it help the IMDA , no doubt it will become a full time job once busier.

We have absolutely nothing to hide, and if you don’t ‘get it’ it’s fine there are plenty who do.

many thanks for your comments I’ll keep the Dragons Dens tips on file just in case I ever need them !

All the best

Jim

Jim. I think Trade Vets comments are perfectly just and reasonable and polite, we are all free to ask questions and have are own opinion. I don't think a Narky reply is really appropriate or necessary. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Jim. I think Trade Vets comments are perfectly just and reasonable and polite, we are all free to ask questions and have are own opinion. I don't think a Narky reply is really appropriate or necessary. 

I think my reply was perfectly reasonable & polite albeit direct. Didn’t think being direct would offend so much, I apologise!

Completely passionate about this Industry my friend!

15 hours ago, jimreidvehicle said:

Rish

Cheers 

Hi Jim

I've paid the fee for the sub, however don't know where I need to send this form into? Please advise.

In my view, a lot of my family are in business and from independent financial advisors and accountants to bakers and shopkeepers, everyone has some sort of trade group that is able to speak for its members and holds some sway in the way things are done. Not saying will change overnight, but I do think it's a good idea.

There are people that will disagree with my POV and that's healthy debate, after all, we are all independents. But I think we share the same core values; to provide a decent service and stock, to get paid, and to be treated respectfully.

Morning all!

Rish

26 minutes ago, LISL said:

Hi Jim

I've paid the fee for the sub, however don't know where I need to send this form into? Please advise.

In my view, a lot of my family are in business and from independent financial advisors and accountants to bakers and shopkeepers, everyone has some sort of trade group that is able to speak for its members and holds some sway in the way things are done. Not saying will change overnight, but I do think it's a good idea.

There are people that will disagree with my POV and that's healthy debate, after all, we are all independents. But I think we share the same core values; to provide a decent service and stock, to get paid, and to be treated respectfully.

Morning all!

Rish

Thank you for your support Rish:-

Easiest way is scan and email to  members@theimda.co.uk

You have made some very relevant points above, all the best, Jim 

2 minutes ago, Kieran @ Cazana said:

Best of luck with the IMDA, I think its going to be a great tool for dealers!

Thank you for your support Kieran 

You understand what the IMDA is all about. 

'the prediction of 20% of all Independents going out of business within the next 5 years will become reality! ' 

Interesting comment / stat. Is this a case of not adapting and evolving and moving with the times? In business its down to all of us to put the time in to make things better and ensure  we keep moving forwards. 

I can see the problem with the larger groups moving their focus and attention to the used market limiting supply and taking market share.