Sign in to follow this  
Mojo121

Can anyone make sense of this?

All it takes is one BMW pervert to get stiff over it.

Last year I nicked a 2004 (54) S Type Jag. 3.0 petrol Blue with cream leather and hidious light veneer dash. (Stay with me on this) 50k miles full dealer history, clearly it had lived in a garage and polished after every drive, the hammer fell at £900 plus the BCA tip.

I stuck a full mot on it and advertised it at £3495 just for a giggle.

First guy who saw it gave me full asking price. And yes he was the Stereotype you have in your mind right now.

Sometimes its worth being cheeky. 

• Like 2

I was tempted to buy a mint V6 XType in champagne for pennies recently but I backed out. I'll know better next time.

Edited by Rob774
Grammar.

This is precisely the market I will be operating in in the new year... the e39 is now seen as a modern classic now and in that exceptionally rare colour (maybe 3 or 4?!) and low mileage someone is likely to pay strong money for it... be better if it was a petrol though! 

It’ll be getting bidded up - the seller clearly has big ideas.

last 15 year old bm i had, shit all its petrol out after i had filled it to go to the coast in it in the good ole days when trade ins were taxed

i swore never to deal in old stuff like this again and havent

Talking about overpriced BMWs an eBayer contacted me today offering me his 16yr old 318 p/x for £1000. Perhaps he’s related to this chancer.

7 hours ago, brightonpad said:

This is precisely the market I will be operating in in the new year... the e39 is now seen as a modern classic now and in that exceptionally rare colour (maybe 3 or 4?!) and low mileage someone is likely to pay strong money for it... be better if it was a petrol though! 

Good luck to you! Your stock should be fun to hoon around in on weekends... what would you retail the 530 for?

• Like 1

Just to qualify my statement, I wouldn't have this particular car as it's a diesel, but if it were one of the 2 530i Sports in Sepia Violet (I know a guy who had one of them, helped him market it 5 years ago) with that mileage, then I reckon it would be around 7k-8k.  It is an amazing colour..

The nicest 540i sports are about 10k so there needs to be a bit of daylight between them. 

However, finding one at the right price to get a decent margin is another matter! :wacko: 

Not 100% it's Sepia Violet actually, difficult to tell... might be Scarab Green.  Either way, a very rare colour which seems to do it for the BMW crowd (myself included, our special car is an Imola Red Z3M Coupe :D)

Is it wrong to like 'Brass Metallic' ?

image.php?u=136227&type=sigpic&dateline=

I would love an E46 M3 in it

56 minutes ago, twerp said:

Is it wrong to like 'Brass Metallic' ?

image.php?u=136227&type=sigpic&dateline=

I would love an E46 M3 in it

No, not wrong at all!! It's an amazing colour!!!  Never seen it on an e39...

My old Dunkelsapphire B3S...

IMG_7109.JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, twerp said:

Looks like Topaz !

How dare you!! :P

they are quite different when you see them in the flesh, and with the Alpina you also get undertones of elderberries and smoked oak, finished with a nice citrusy aftertaste...

what was this thread about again?

• Like 1