Sign in to follow this  
Allstars

Never been this dead before

3 hours ago, met said:

Exhausted. Just had four Romanian guys here looking over a car. Only one spoke anywhere near reasonable English. Their mechanic was very good. But they spent 30mins inspecting the car and nearly an hour haggling and horsetrading. Funny how their negotiating style is similar to our 'traveller' community

They arrived in a battered silver Passat on Romanian plates which in itself is borderline cliche☺

they came to me last month,one always wears a leather jacket 5 sizes too small:lol:

This thing has become an ornament. It's the cheapest, cleanest and lowest mileage car of its type within thirty miles and still, it sits there mocking me. We have a really low mileage Yaris that was owned by an old person and still has the original plastic sheeting on the door sills. Not one call on it worth bothering with. 

megane ns front.jpg

It’s dead alright. As for Toyotas I’d imagined Aurises would be good news - I’ll think again.

First one, petrol, average mileage, one owner, FSH, like new. Sat here for two months without a single call & only sold because a man came to view a Peugeot van & suddenly changed tack :blink:

Second one, low mileage diesel, FSH, dog cock red, a few marks but cheapest in the UK. About 99% of calls were a waste of my time & after 3 weeks it went to the only sensible man I spoke to.

I don’t bother anymore trying to work out what sells because what I think is decent clean stock with FSH sits here without opening the door to a customer yet I’ve had shite with crumpled wheel arches & rippled quarters go out for a nice little wage. To be honest a compound full of absolute shit (at shit money) would do me at the moment.

• Like 1

No offence Rob, but as nice a car as that Megane maybe with a great price, it just looks bloody awful. I'd rather wake up wth Katie Hopkins than pull the curtains back and look at that first thing in the morning .I say that as someone who buys and sells a lot of Megane Coupe's and think they are a great looking car in the right colour and spec. Bit unfair to blame the state of the job on stuff like that not selling IMO.

• Like 1

Put some Fast & Furious stickers on it!

12 hours ago, Allstars said:

Im surprised they didnt bring 2 ladies a four kids, all in that battered passat of course ✌️

..... no they are always in a huge white van that creeps around slowly looking for anything not nailed down 

12 hours ago, Rob774 said:

This thing has become an ornament. It's the cheapest, cleanest and lowest mileage car of its type within thirty miles and still, it sits there mocking me. We have a really low mileage Yaris that was owned by an old person and still has the original plastic sheeting on the door sills. Not one call on it worth bothering with. 

megane ns front.jpg

take that horrible badge of the front and it will be sold friday lunch:D

• Like 2

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:34 PM, Allstars said:

Ive got about 15 cars advertised on autotrader and motors.co.uk and have a pitch with 25 cars on. 

Never ever has it been so quiet, only sold one clio this month so far and that was on the 1st

ive mainly got small cars for people who recently passed, and all of the stock is under £3000. I was thinking maybe my target customers (students) are just settling back in uni college ect hense why its so quiet BUT other traders up and down the road are VERY VERY quiet aswell so its not just me

is anyone else experiencing the same?

cheers

whereabouts are you Allstars? I'm West Midlands - September was record month, October started Ok but last 10 days very quiet. thankfully given me time to try and get more stock which is my biggest headache, everything at auction fetching crazy money, would normally buy around 10 a week but walked away from 2 auctions this week empty handed. refusing to give the money that most dealers seem happy to pay. had my eye on half a dozen and all went for near retail when I checked online - seems some dealers are panicking and are buying anything and everything just to fill up their site. not one fetched anywhere near Cap

Sold 3 cars yesterday/today. 

That makes my month total sales up to 3.

No more toast for me tonight!!!

shitter dealer {under£1k] average 25 cars near me threw the towel in other day, good! why ? misdescribed cars, saying full mot when in actual check its been out  months, advertised mileages dont correspond to mot history, drives round with a trade plate thrown in front window, lets punters test drive cars alone, made up reviews, just mobile numbers, people arent daft and i hope he doesnt pop up again .

14 hours ago, sparky said:

No offence Rob, but as nice a car as that Megane maybe with a great price, it just looks bloody awful. I'd rather wake up wth Katie Hopkins than pull the curtains back and look at that first thing in the morning .I say that as someone who buys and sells a lot of Megane Coupe's and think they are a great looking car in the right colour and spec. Bit unfair to blame the state of the job on stuff like that not selling IMO.

To be fair it is but one of a selection and we have been quiet for a couple of weeks. That just happens to be the one that I'd like to see gone the most. 

We sold one today anyway. We'll eat tonight.   

10 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

shitter dealer {under£1k] average 25 cars near me threw the towel in other day, good! why ? misdescribed cars, saying full mot when in actual check its been out  months, advertised mileages dont correspond to mot history, drives round with a trade plate thrown in front window, lets punters test drive cars alone, made up reviews, just mobile numbers, people arent daft and i hope he doesnt pop up again .

These guys usually manage to go on and on weathering all the financial storms. Shame, because apart from all the wrong-doings they are pretty good at picking stock that sells quickly. But they choose to use their powers for evil not good!:D

And look on the bright side. All those punters after sub £1k 'shitters' will be knocking on your door afte a deal:lol:

Edited by met

On 25/10/2017 at 0:55 AM, Rob774 said:

megane ns front.jpg

...no offence Rob but a dog dick red Megane with three doors not selling might not be because it's a quiet month. Would need to be unbelievably cheap for me to stock and just pray that some sub prime finance lead comes in wanting a newish reg for sub 3k

Blanked again today, this has been my worst October in over 6 years!! :unsure:

33 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Blanked again today, this has been my worst October in over 6 years!! :unsure:

I've not had a phone call for 7 days............:lol: keep smiling

Strange how certain industries are manic now and some are dead cant work it out

Every time I go off to the auction the last thing the Mrs says before I go out the door is "don't buy for buying sake"..... Sometimes its hard to keep your money in your pocket.

You don't have to buy, sit tight and buy the right stock at the right price....

15 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

so who's buying these auction cars as we are all quiet

40plus cars sold now this month we are dead here :D 

Rory, has the family come to terms with your cross dressing and cottaging yet?

I'm buying but they need more work. Got a Focus here that needs a little more paint than I'd like, both front wheelbearings, missing spare wheel and jack, and has just started making a noise from the AC compressor? And I'm still not happy the bearing noise is gone, although I'm suspicious it's a tyre out of shape but we'll see :rolleyes:

Been on holiday all week half term with kids. Had a few calls but no sales as Im a one man band which makes it difficult so I just shut up shop. May get some staff next year.