Sign in to follow this  
Allstars

Never been this dead before

11 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

Is a very fair point, and yes they do show how long the cars been advertised, just seen quite a few that say 3 month :o.Makes it look like theyve been advertised on cazana 3 month, and the advert hasnt worked ?!

email dealer before someone beats you to it ? 

its not really right is it ?

I'm fine with 24/7 , easy company to deal with..tho to be fair I've a right sub prime knocker causing me grief via advantage as they haven't got the balls to tell him how it is . I wonder if you unlist a car on AT for a day it will 'reset' on Cazana as I agree , along with Car gurus , showing how long its been listed sucks .

Tradex, an excellent post. All too bloody true - especially the last paragraph - and the bottom end of the market has turned sour simply because no-one in the “low money bracket” has a brass farthing to scratch their arse with as wages are squeezed downwards in real terms as inflation is err...inflating.

My last 8 or so sales have all been to punters whos car has either gone bang or the MOT tester has slipped them a crippler.

HOWEVER, after saying no-one has a shilling spare how come every McD/Burger King/KFC drive through has a queue 200yds long??

• Like 1

Very helpful post, Tradex. Cheers. I think I've fallen into the camp of boiling over my brain.

You're very right. I feel like more and more we're living in a world of ego and of too much concern about how others perceive us. Gone are the days of a bargain but proven older machine. People would rather incur the monthly tax and supposed security of a new car. 

I had a friend say to me the other day that "they brought in PCP to help people have a way to buy a new car". I said, apart from him sounding like a marketing person that like every new way of buying something it wasn't introduced to 'help' anyone (in the charitable kind sense); it's there to make more money!

Have you noticed when you're quite, things really don't go your way.....?

Had a message left on my office answer machine on Sunday just gone, older lady, enquiring about my Honda Jazz. She stated that she had seen on our website that we were closed on Sunday's so when could she come and view the car, as she's not too far away. I ring her back first thing Monday morning, and get a VERY rude and abrupt "you're a day too late!!" I politely explained that we were closed on Sunday, she replied, saying Sundays' were the only day where she could do things and she had bought another car now! (She was clearly retired and knew we were closed so don't understand what her beef was?!!) :wacko:

Phone call this morning on a VERY low milage BMW 525i SE from an older chap. 

Him: Hello, is your 5 series BMW still for sale?

Me: Yes it is at the moment

Him: Can you tell me (in an older north Yorkshire accent), is it as good as it looks on the tinternet?

Me: No, it's even better! It genuinely is like new (It is like new to be fair)

Him: Are the tyres all in good condition?

Me: Yes, I'll just walk around the car now for you, yes, their all matching Dunlop Sports, with loads of tread.

Him: They're not those runflat things are they?

Me: Yes they are

Him: Oh, Oh, I'll leave it then, thanks anyway......

You just can't win sometimes can you! If I'd had a busy week, he would have bought it there and then and paid for it in full!!..... :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, tradex said:

Yup, when its quiet the dreamers 'n screamers come a'knocking.

Or you buy a Ka from hell.....no indicators...fixed....leaking t'stat housing fixed....ARB bushes knocking like a an unlucky Domino player...wrong bushes for second time, split washer bottle and on collection from auction - but not noticed until back at site - our the auction driver has hit the nsf bumper post sale splitting it and pushed a headlight back....that'll be money back then.

Bloody Ford shite....I'll keep it French again.

Just realised my post should have said 'quiet' not quite, can't edit it though....

3 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

JUST SOLD A MEGANE CONVERTIBLE! IN THE RAIN!

Sums up this trade!!

I once sold a Lotus Elise on a gloomy, rainy day, in October, to a young Scottish lady......

Broke our blank with a Little convertible sale last night. We always seem to do well with cabs, when its p1ssing it down! Got another enquiry this morning on a roadster too! Guess the price changes on Tuesday are working!

• Like 1

I sold an Audi A4 Cab on monday, convertibles sell better off season. I sell many during the winter when no one at the block touches them. 

• Like 1

most of my sales are distress as i am geared to this market

the young driver is no more,i used to depend on it for uni sales,they arent interested anymore due to uni costs and parents are already fully stretched subsidising their £75 a month phone addictions+

the only people with bags of money are those in the black market or drug dealers im finding 

1 hour ago, tradex said:

ResultB)

Fancy another one :) 

Just agreed a deal to take in an 07 plate, 73k full history roof works and best still its in jewish racing gold.... open to offers lol

2 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

JUST SOLD A MEGANE CONVERTIBLE! IN THE RAIN!

Just agreed a deal to take in an 07 plate, 73k full history roof works and best still its in jewish racing gold.... open to offers lol

2 minutes ago, tradex said:

why aren't they out earning? 

Say's the man sitting in Costa, watching these people! Perhaps they were saying the same about you?? :P;):D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tradex said:

:D I did see another car dealer type, adjusting his camel hair coat eyeing me up, n huffing into his froth.

Are you sure that wasn't just a reflection? :D

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Dan W said:

Maybe... saying that we had that one in nearly 2 months. Another dealer told me they were a bit of a kiss of death, but he says that about everything!

18 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Maybe... saying that we had that one in nearly 2 months. Another dealer told me they were a bit of a kiss of death, but he says that about everything!

We took one in a few months ago made a few hundred trading it, Also took a pug cc in same thing small profit. can never tell

9 hours ago, BHM said:

HOWEVER, after saying no-one has a shilling spare how come every McD/Burger King/KFC drive through has a queue 200yds long??

Because they are lazy gets, and dont know how to cook, and when the passenger footwell and under drivers seat is full with maccy d rubbish to the point of seats wont move, i seem to inherit them :lol:

I wonder if these “coffee shop twats” are the same people who are emailing me asking “do I discount”. Three this morning (they must all be up early) all along the same lines and all clearly passing time - it’s funny how these characters can never lift up the phone. They haven’t seen the bloody car and they’re already wanting me to undercut myself. Bloody vultures, I think it’s going to be a loooooong Saturday :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, BHM said:

I wonder if these “coffee shop twats” are the same people who are emailing me asking “do I discount”. Three this morning (they must all be up early) all along the same lines and all clearly passing time - it’s funny how these characters can never lift up the phone. They haven’t seen the bloody car and they’re already wanting me to undercut myself. Bloody vultures, I think it’s going to be a loooooong Saturday :rolleyes:

Had similar this week ! I've got a new image on various platforms which says on the lines of  " While you're emailing back and forth - other buyers know the car is priced right for the market taking in to account condition / history etc - are actually turning up and buying them " :)

Email last night off another guy , spoke to him earlier was trying to chip me £500 and I said that's the price - email says " I'm coming on Tuesday to buy and drive away for £500 less no more talking !!" 

I replied ( Being polite of course )  Please come over on Tuesday, however it will be you wasting your time as you already know the price !

12 minutes ago, umesh said:

Email last night off another guy , spoke to him earlier was trying to chip me £500 and I said that's the price - email says " I'm coming on Tuesday to buy and drive away for £500 less no more talking !!" 

Even if you said yes to his generous offer I bet it would be a no show

Its not just the car game that quiet. I have two mates who are IT contractors, both are out of work at the moment. It usually takes them 3-4 weeks if that to find work and both of them are really struggling, its way past 3-4 weeks for one of them. Its never been so dead for them either.

Yes, these serious buyers rarely make good on their word. I’m hard balling everyone at the moment - I’m cheap & they’re still wanting lumps knocked off.

Funnily enough though, these characters aren’t cheap when valuing their scrap p/xs - £300 for a 15yr old petrol Ibiza with 150K including (and I quote) “a few electrical issues”. 

It’s as Umesh says that annoys me - the arrogance of some folk telling me how I’m going to run my business & how much I’ll going to sell to them for. I’ve had similar to him along with the ultimatum “take it or leave it, I’ll tell you what the deal is”!  I decided to leave it.

There are few serious characters out there, it's much about pulling the wheat from the chaff.

Van buyer this morning, messaged me last night through Facebook, turned up, looked around, asked to drive it, asked me if I had any interest in his px (215k Transit, no MOT), I offered him £100, he said no and then paid the full balance of my van and he's taking it away today. A breath of fresh air to be honest and from Facebook of ALL places!

A trader I spoke to last night thinks it'll be slow like this through to late Jan. :(

54 minutes ago, umesh said:

Nothing like a punter dictating how you run your own business is there!

Even if you deal him at full price he'll be looking to make up the £500 in warranty claims and hassle later on...would be a firm thank you but the car is not for sale to you sir.

ive only ever had a tab once as i had run out of money,i made sure i paid the landlord the next night mind

i agree he must be mad running a pub on the never never but obviously he has no choice

im waiting for a customer from last night who was just going to nip over the road and be back in 10 minutes

a father this morning who has been 3 times this last time with his son now hes gone home to speak to his wife

and one appointment at 1.30 pm

i really wish id gone away for the weekend like id planned

There’s no way on earth I’d run a business doling out ‘tick’ to penniless punters. At least in this game it’s full money then you get the keys.