Sign in to follow this  
Allstars

Never been this dead before

Couldn't afford a squirt of satin black to hide the yellow foam hanging out :lol:

7 minutes ago, tradex said:

Their painter probably said the same as ours a few years back....and I couldn't repeat it as this is a family forum...of sorts;)

Seat bolster, well that's a shame to present it like that, we have found that hot hatch Clio buyers tends to be very fussy, but we are all different.

Personal anorak note: I still prefer to drive a 172 Cup over the later ones, that's a car to buy and sit on for the future.

400 jobs would equal about a whole shift?

Completely agree, which is why I own a 172 Cup... :D

56 minutes ago, tradex said:

we have found that hot hatch Clio buyers tends to be very fussy, but we are all different.

I find buyers of £300 p/x shite fussy, never mind £5K Clios.

12 minutes ago, tradex said:

:D:D he's on fire already and it's only Monday...more coffee on the keyboard:D

Wise choice sir, you should go far in the car industry with taste like that.

....the only reason I don't run one - a Proton GTi Silver Stone being the prefered old keeper -  is/was the cost of cambelt/variator changes and I'm so tight.

We tried a pattern variator once, never again the thing sounded more like an old Kent diesel engine that the OE variator with 80k on it.

Other than that a faultless drive, superb track day car, brakes, balance everthing, they won't make them like that anymore.....ha' hum....disconnected rear brake bias valve from the factory being one thing.

Argh yes, the good old disconnected rear brake bias valve, I love arguing with my local mot tester about that every year!! EVERY year he complains about the rear brake efficiency, and points to the disconnected valve. Yes, I agree that is the cause of the poor efficiency, but it's suppose to be like that, he WILL NOT have it...... :rolleyes::D

On 15/10/2017 at 6:37 PM, Ocsltd said:

This is now on eBay item number 222678874402 £4995 complete with ripped drivers bolster and missing fuel cap....  :rolleyes:

Used to be a nice garage that. I think the original owners went belly up and last time I passed it saw the new owners parked outside in a white RR Sport... I guess car sales isn't their primary source of income.

Btw. I'm still dead. 1 phone call off eBay all month. Page views down. What a load of shite. 3 sales all month. We'd normally be at 8-10 by now. Has the Christmas ad come on telly or something?

AND NOTHING BUT BLOODY NO SHOW-ERS!

Edited by Mojo121

I’ve had a few optimistic chancers on the phone.

Yesterday a withheld no. offering me an Astra SRi CDTi for an extremely attractive price as a p/x (ooooohh, lovely FIAT engine, egr, dpf, swirl flaps, DMF etc etc) however I’m more suspicious than I am greedy & SHE didn’t seem keen on answering questions about HIS car (whoever HE is).

Today’s offering; A 55 plate Scenic owned for less than a week by the caller’s sister. Couldn’t give a straight answer to any question but apparently the car is perfect (they weren’t perfect when they left the factory) but she doesn’t like it. There was also mention of the electronic handbrake............No thanks, it’s scrap. 

I thought Cazana only existed to see a brief history of the vehicle you want to buy?

Chances are, you would have already found the car for sale and then started looking into its history..

20 minutes ago, rich89 said:

I thought Cazana only existed to see a brief history of the vehicle you want to buy?

Chances are, you would have already found the car for sale and then started looking into its history..

Hi Rich, you're right - our focus was initially on vehicle history checks but we now get involved at a much earlier stage in the customer car buying process.

We now have a section on our website which lists vehicles for sale, and at any one time we have over 620,000 vehicles in our database.

https://cazana.com/uk

We automatically read stocklists from dealer websites, so it's hassle-free for the dealer :) 

Edited by Kieran @ Cazana

14 minutes ago, Kieran @ Cazana said:

Hi Rich, you're right - our focus was initially on vehicle history checks but we now get involved at a much earlier stage in the customer car buying process.

We now have a section on our website which lists vehicles for sale, and at any one time we have over 620,000 vehicles in our database.

We automatically read stocklists from dealer websites, so it's hassle-free for the dealer :) 

Did you get my PM?

2 hours ago, Kieran @ Cazana said:

You mean you’ve poached adverts without the authority of the sellers. 

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

You mean you’ve poached adverts without the authority of the sellers. 

i'll just have half a pint of what your drinking thanks:lol:

I've just cross referenced a dozen of my cars and quite like that the Cazana suggested retail prices are really close to AT retail check 'good' prices which is where most of stuff sits. Two benefits spring to mind , one being a second retail (free) price check tool , the other being a way we can demonstrate to customers our cars are fairly priced in market. Can't see a downside if it brings incremental business. 

All I need now is some customers.......sigh

22 minutes ago, s and b said:

i'll just have half a pint of what your drinking thanks:lol:

SB. If you are privy to AT forum you will know there is currently uproar that they are adding dealers stock to their website without asking permission

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

SB. If you are privy to AT forum you will know there is currently uproar that they are adding dealers stock to their website without asking permission

AT has a forum?

Found it. I'm definitely in the same camp as them. I don't want any of my stock listed on their site. 

27 minutes ago, rich89 said:

AT has a forum?

Found it. I'm definitely in the same camp as them. I don't want any of my stock listed on their site. 

What's the problem with having your adverts on there as you see it then ? 

The two biggest reasons are that they push a finance company who thrive off people with poor credit and the second being this...

This car could be written off, stolen or have outstanding finance

It's not the sort of company that I like to deal with. 

Oh and according to the posts on the AT forum, they list how long the advert has been live for. Do they just get this info directly from AT's URL?

43 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

i was a member before bethany grew bot tits:D

havent been on in probably 2 years

whats the point

same moans

same answers

31 minutes ago, rich89 said:

The two biggest reasons are that they push a finance company who thrive off people with poor credit and the second being this...

This car could be written off, stolen or have outstanding finance

It's not the sort of company that I like to deal with. 

Oh and according to the posts on the AT forum, they list how long the advert has been live for. Do they just get this info directly from AT's URL?

Is a very fair point, and yes they do show how long the cars been advertised, just seen quite a few that say 3 month :o.Makes it look like theyve been advertised on cazana 3 month, and the advert hasnt worked ?!

email dealer before someone beats you to it ? 

its not really right is it ?

Are Cazana funded by 24/7 ? 

I believe 24/7 also use a "crawler" to skim the information off dealer sites and that's why the photos look like trash on Car Craft. I guess it's cheaper for them rather than arranging direct feeds from hosts.