Mat C

Ssangyong Tivoli

Hi all.

Got a lovely chap interested in one of our Clubmen. He has a Ssangyong tivoli in px. Any ideas or an underwrite would be much appreciated as this is not our forte.

2015/65 Plate

21000 miles

Ssangyong tivoli ELX TD Auto

White / Black leather

Lovely car, few small chips to bonnet and front bumper, but easily touched in. had first service at 9.5k in August 2016 and then 2nd service 20.5k Sept 17. Had new brakes too.

Customer wants £12k, but what the customer wants is usually not what the customer gets..... I've called 6 Ssangyong dealers and had no replies or real help.

Cheers in advance.

Your potential customer wants about full retail. I think he's well out with his valuation and then do you really want it?

8 minutes ago, BHM said:

Your potential customer wants about full retail. I think he's well out with his valuation and then do you really want it?

Yep, I kinda sussed that bit out. I don't want to stick my neck on it hence trying to get an underwrite before we do the deal. He's dreaming with £12k but I need to put something to him and Ssangyong are either 'with a customer' or just avoiding me. Must be someone out there 'desperate' to own this though  .........

37 minutes ago, Mat C said:

Ssangyong are either 'with a customer' or just avoiding me

whys that then?

put it this way

you have a product people want

your customer and the dealers of these fine automobiles havent

so why not just say no

Mat, why plough thousands into one of the most undesirable cars on the market. Do a WBAC value and then knock off a couple of k because of all the trouble it’ll cause you....

1 hour ago, s and b said:

whys that then?

put it this way

you have a product people want

your customer and the dealers of these fine automobiles havent

so why not just say no

I’ll take anything in a deal. Just after a price from someone. 

20 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Mat, why plough thousands into one of the most undesirable cars on the market. Do a WBAC value and then knock off a couple of k because of all the trouble it’ll cause you....

I would rather have the clap than own it myself, but just checking if any of you lovely folk fancied a bash. 

Just had to look up what one of these is on AT...is it the same underneath as one of those new MG SUV's or a separate thing altogether?

Had a similar thing a couple of years ago with one of those MG3 hatchbacks. Main dealers wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Thing was worth something crazy like 25% of new price after two years and 25k. Makes it a bit tough to retail a new one when a mint two year old example is worth pennies.

39 minutes ago, Mat C said:

I’ll take anything in a deal. Just after a price from someone. 

I would rather have the clap than own it myself, but just checking if any of you lovely folk fancied a bash. 

Id rather blind myself with a spoon than own it, the fact that "Sangpoopong" wont reply and underwrite it themselves speaks volumes :) Its about as desirable as a wart on yer thomas 

As Zammo used to sing in the Grange Hill drugs song, "Just say no".

Just now, CJ Underhill said:

On 07/10/2017 at 8:05 PM, grant8064 said:

On 07/10/2017 at 8:05 PM, grant8064 said:

no worries, hoping to tie a deal up this AM

Just remember Matt 1 idiot has already purchased this car and there will be another one out there who will buy it again. Everything has an value and if it's priced right it will sell or trade. 

29 minutes ago, s and b said:

of course they are :lol:

what were they called again:huh:

Apologies Mat, sorry to be sold childish.....was it "Sangpoopong"

Had a couple of Rextons with the diesel Merc engine and they’ve always flown 

Ive had an underwrite of £10k, and I can do a deal at £10500 if anyones interested WBAC say £11600 so that where he wants his £12k from.

Any takers.... Lovely car....

51 minutes ago, Mat C said:

Ive had an underwrite of £10k, and I can do a deal at £10500 if anyones interested WBAC say £11600 so that where he wants his £12k from.

Any takers.... Lovely car....

Maybe you should stick the car in your name and sell it to WBAC ?

Extra 1100 quid?

3 minutes ago, Max Branning said:

Maybe you should stick the car in your name and sell it to WBAC ?

Extra 1100 quid?

I did think that, however it has to be registered to you for 6 months or something like that.

Why doesn’t the customer just take it to WBAC then buy your car outright with no pex? 

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Apologies Mat, sorry to be sold childish.....was it "Sangpoopong"

Actually it's "Ssangyingyong"

7 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Why doesn’t the customer just take it to WBAC then buy your car outright with no pex? 

Something I suggest to all potentials that turn up with something I don't want quoting WBAC offering far more than i'd give even if I were to consider it. Usually find it's an online only offer, the car will get chipped on price once they're there (as they and I both know) and they have to take into account the admin fee. It's a good bluff catching line...

herded up on a saturday morning like sheep going to the abattoir whilst bloke with clipboard walks round

2 hours ago, SC Derby said:

And Evans Halshaw pay more..