Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

Toyota Avensis Auto Diesel

8 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

If you want to know how to auction cars on eBay, whatch these guys :) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/carswithnoreservereading?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754

Don't know how they do it, they will die young, with all that stress. 

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

Speaking of auctions when is best time to start them on e bay? Would you say 7/9pm third for 10 days? Sorry to kinda butt in

good luck with car Andy 

Thursday bloody phone 

Yes Sunday after 9, and don't forget to shill bid on what your selling ;)

10 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/carswithnoreservereading?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754

I've came across them before and was always unsure how they get away with it, eBay's a publicly accessible forum and they're clearly selling everything under trade conditions with no comebacks. 

2 hours ago, NoMargin said:

Yes Sunday after 9, and don't forget to shill bid on what your selling ;)

;) Of course, but only from a different users account, separate name address and email. No links. 

On 05/10/2017 at 3:07 PM, andymc1973 said:

Hi all, im about to put this up for sale so who's up for some light hearted fun? The ad will state *no last price* *no best price* *no calls after 5pm*, how long until one if not all three of these statements are ignored? This is going to be a World of pain, note to self "what doesn't kill me can only make me stronger"

Andy

Is it sold yet Andy? 

I have bought from them before, most of the stuff is high mileage, ropey stuff. Some stuff is alright. 

They let you check it over after you win the auction and take a test drive too. No obligation to buy either. They do sell a lot though!

5 hours ago, BHM said:

I've came across them before and was always unsure how they get away with it, eBay's a publicly accessible forum and they're clearly selling everything under trade conditions with no comebacks. 

They have been around for over 10 years under different names, they source purely from BCA.

I think everything is sold on a scrap invoice now.

Old name was Sterling Cars, Reading.

Edited by twerp

You can't advertise as offering a test drive & then stating it's spares/repairs/scrap etc. I thought I occasionally employed the odd sharp practice but I obviously have much to learn.

I suppose it's "Fuck Trading Standards", let's get on with it.

Yeah thats a chap called Jason up at blackbushe usually buys leggy high spec stuff  well known to the auctioneers.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Yeah thats a chap called Jason up at blackbushe usually buys leggy high spec stuff  well known to the auctioneers.

Yes he also buys the cheap stuff at Bedford

15 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

;) Of course, but only from a different users account, separate name address and email. No links. 

To be honest, I don't think eBay give two Flying fucks, as long as your paying them a healthy a balance each month ✌ 

On 06/10/2017 at 8:35 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

Very entertaing. Love this description of a 2010 Scenic "  THIS ONE DRIVES HORRIBLY, JUST REALLY TIRED, ITS FILTHY AND WORN INSIDE, ITS JUST A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CAR, WE DONT WANT ANY COMPLAINTS

Just put a 2004 Kia Sedona on

diesel

7 seats

£300

6 days MOT

Let the fun and games begin 

1 minute ago, SC Derby said:

Just put a 2004 Kia Sedona on

diesel

7 seats

£300

6 days MOT

Let the fun and games begin 

Your really asking for trouble, just don't look at your phone when you've had a few.

I put a Triumph Stag on ebay last week, spares or repair, it's fecked. A brutally honest description which included the lines non runner, no keys and no docs as well as please don't contact be email as by not answering I may offend. You've guessed it, I received emails along the line of 'I know your not answering emails, but....', and the winning bidder is now wondering how he is going to move it without any keys and can i get some cut.  Hmmmmmm, let me think about that....

Hahaha, they're absolute beauties aren't they?

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Very entertaing. Love this description of a 2010 Scenic "  THIS ONE DRIVES HORRIBLY, JUST REALLY TIRED, ITS FILTHY AND WORN INSIDE, ITS JUST A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CAR, WE DONT WANT ANY COMPLAINTS

wish I could write this about some of the retail stuff I have in right now haha

"Do you think it'll test mate?"

"I'm from a disabled family, I need something reliable that won't break down. Can tell me honestly what the car's like and can you assure me this is absolutely fine?"

"Will you deliver it so I can have a look & if I like it we'll possibly do a deal"

"I've 2 phones, a Sony XYZ & a Samsung 123, they're both worth more than your car so you can make some money from them, swop m8"

"Best price, m8"

"Can I bring my mechanic" (What!?!! These fuckers are looking at bangers but can afford to retain a mechanic!)

"How much tax is on it?"

• Like 1

first people here on it now, also been offered £270 and would I test it and go 50/50 on the cost. 

LOL

SOLD SOLD SOLD to a trader from Birmingham

He's gonna smart repair the bumper, stick a ticket on it & £695 it, lol!

21 hours ago, twerp said:

Yes he also buys the cheap stuff at Bedford

He must get around, there's a few from Enfield branch on there.

I always thought it inappropriate to take photos of stock while the cars are still on the auction site with the screen 'top', but there you go

1 hour ago, SC Derby said:

first people here on it now, also been offered £270 and would I test it and go 50/50 on the cost. 

LOL

SOLD SOLD SOLD to a trader from Birmingham

He's gonna smart repair the bumper, stick a ticket on it & £695 it, lol!

he's going to whack a moody test on and gumtree it

1 hour ago, met said:

I always thought it inappropriate to take photos of stock while the cars are still on the auction site with the screen 'top', but there you go

I used to think he took pictures before stuff went through the sale (Like a few days before), fired it up on ebay for a few days and then completed on those cars that showed the most promise online (by way of good bidding).

To have 100 cars at a time which he sometimes has up would mean someone has some serious bank rolling or they have worked out a system that allows for them to 'pre-sell' and only buy what they know is pretty much sold already.

Or I'm wide of the mark and just dreaming such a system was possible!

2 hours ago, met said:

They used to cover Walsall / Measham / Nottingham but tend to stay South now.

I knew an independant buyer who was instructed to buy anything 'cheap' for them.

They must make a fortune.

1 hour ago, twerp said:

They used to cover Walsall / Measham / Nottingham but tend to stay South now.

I knew an independant buyer who was instructed to buy anything 'cheap' for them.

They must make a fortune.

Good luck to them, just out of interest, this wouldn't be an 'Asian' setup would it?

7 minutes ago, met said:

Good luck to them, just out of interest, this wouldn't be an 'Asian' setup would it?

No white English