Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

Toyota Avensis Auto Diesel

Hi all, im about to put this up for sale so who's up for some light hearted fun? The ad will state *no last price* *no best price* *no calls after 5pm*, how long until one if not all three of these statements are ignored? This is going to be a World of pain, note to self "what doesn't kill me can only make me stronger"

Andy

1 hour ago, andymc1973 said:

Hi all, im about to put this up for sale so who's up for some light hearted fun? The ad will state *no last price* *no best price* *no calls after 5pm*, how long until one if not all three of these statements are ignored? This is going to be a World of pain, note to self "what doesn't kill me can only make me stronger"

Andy

Can we have a description please.

im sorry but this car doesn't come anywhere near the demagogue market

you really need a yaris sportif:lol:

Andy, there'll be plenty of Birmingham or Bradford based gentlemen torturing you with insulting offers and wanting to visit mob handed at 11 o'clock at night. You know the sort, the sort you don't really want visiting.

Andy, why buy into the grief.......I'm "flashbacking" and genuinely annoyed I've read and responded to this post... Deposit up front is the only way.....Demand respect from the off....Best of luck

They love a diesel Toyota, although the avenisis must be the cream of the crop. I've a cheap Auris diesel with nice miles - I've had a few greedy parasites on the phone from the 'heavily accented, last price' brigade.

Funnily enough its cheap enough for these bastards to phone but yet they always want lumps off the price & ask about every mark & scratch etc. They're lucky if they get 20 seconds of my time, although tbh one of them tricked me with his waffle and got 45 seconds the other day until I told him to "phone back tomorrow & don't expect a discount". I'd rather it sat there than try to thrash out a deal with these chancers.

Wait until you give them a last price, then they start passing your number around to all their brothers / cousins / uncles in an attempt to get more off.

I had 5 days of constant phonecalls from every single relative until they eventually bought realising they would not get a penny more.

Edited by twerp

2 hours ago, twerp said:

Wait until you give them a last price, then they start passing your number around to all their brothers / cousins / uncles in an attempt to get more off.

Exactly. And if you give a discount they smell blood & torture you for weeks. It's easier telling them that's the price or it's no longer available - I honest would rather a car stood there than deal with them.

Had 2 calls when I was at mamheim this morning that I put on speaker phone for the canteen to listen too

"I will defo buy it I'm no messer hold it for me be over at weekend"

43 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

Had 2 calls when I was at mamheim this morning that I put on speaker phone for the canteen to listen too

It'll of been of more interest than the overpriced lots on offer.

Having owned an Auris and a 200k ex-taxi Avensis over the last few weeks I feel your pain Andy! 

7 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

how did you get on Chris?

The Auris was an SR petrol, nice example and attracted the right person so nice and easy.

The Avensis was an 08 so not a lot of money but had a stint on Gumtree followed by an eBay no reserve auction where it sold at the highest bid to a Romanian for export. All messages ignored and no number in my ad during the auction!

Speaking of auctions when is best time to start them on e bay? Would you say 7/9pm third for 10 days? Sorry to kinda butt in

good luck with car Andy 

Thursday bloody phone 

Romanian purchased for export, soon to be clocked......

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Speaking of auctions when is best time to start them on e bay? Would you say 7/9pm third for 10 days? Sorry to kinda butt in

good luck with car Andy 

Thursday bloody phone 

Classified. 

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Romanian purchased for export, soon to be clocked......

And he openly admitted it too! Said he would buy any of the stereotypical export cars I got. 

To answer Stephen Ive always run my auctions to end Sunday evening although with mobile access these days I'm not sure whether it still makes a difference?