Sign in to follow this  
Christian

Customer reporting problems outside warranty?

18 minutes ago, justina3 said:

is there anyone you havent had a problem with

:lol:

If you do things right nothing to worry about.

23 minutes ago, justina3 said:

is there anyone you havent had a problem with

Hi Justina

What a good question,50 years in operating pitches and I am struggling to answer that !

Hahaha, I'm sure everyone else on this forum is squeaky clean & doing everything by the book:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

:lol:

If you do things right nothing to worry about.

If you worry,you have no chance in this job.I was referring to things that may occur through no fault of your own.

35 minutes ago, trade vet said:

If you worry,you have no chance in this job.I was referring to things that may occur through no fault of your own.

11 hours ago, trade vet said:

Yes they can be very nice and off they go.Then a few weeks later they return carrying folders and you know you have a problem.

Dont get me started on those guys !

having been in the trade also a very long time i concur 

Ive since done away with my warranty completely given the experience Ive had with very niggly people that expect a 10 year old car to perform like new. Appreciate your advice BHM Its worth reminding people of there statutory rights instead of the warranty. I spoke to a great guy yesterday from a local garage who was very willing to take on any work the car needed and he told me that this particular car has issues with the coolant and oil mixing from the water pump and too many people assume head gasket. I wasnt able to get a hold of the customer yesterday, only a text from him saying 'see you tomorrow' which is quite sinister given we had no arrangements. Nearly expecting some kind of confrontation on site today. Not excited.

To be fair your mechanic is correct with his comments.

See what comes of it all, you could be misinterpreting his intentions on the text. Don't contact him again, leave the ball in his court.

14 hours ago, tradex said:

Not the same but similar, diesel Astras oil coolers used to fracture and mix oil and coolant, all the symptoms of a head gasket though so as be careful not to leap at head gasket etc. You know what I'm saying, good luck.B)

It was automatic Astras!

On 10/4/2017 at 11:15 AM, BHM said:

To be fair your mechanic is correct with his comments.

See what comes of it all, you could be misinterpreting his intentions on the text. Don't contact him again, leave the ball in his court.

No word from him since the day before yesterday so not sure what he meant by 'see you tomorrow'...

No news is good news to me!

6 hours ago, Christian said:

No word from him since the day before yesterday so not sure what he meant by 'see you tomorrow'...

No news is good news to me!

My experience is that once these arseholes start texting & don't get an answer they disappear.

I've said it many times before & will say it again, DO NOT CONDUCT BUSINESS BY TEXT MESSAGE. It's the preferred contact method of arseholes, thickoes & chancers and when they don't get a response they haven't the balls or the gumption to phone.

16 hours ago, BHM said:

My experience is that once these arseholes start texting & don't get an answer they disappear.

I've said it many times before & will say it again, DO NOT CONDUCT BUSINESS BY TEXT MESSAGE. It's the preferred contact method of arseholes, thickoes & chancers and when they don't get a response they haven't the balls or the gumption to phone.

he might  be forming a posse:lol:

1 hour ago, s and b said:

he might  be forming a posse:lol:

Yeah, in his bedroom via Facebook because that's the mentality of the fuckers. Innit man!