Sign in to follow this  
NoMargin

DVLA MOT online, now shows address of business of where MOT was taken??

I don't know why they stopped showing the name of the garage, but it's good It's news they've now reinstated it...... Will make researching the lost history much easier 

Great idea.

I had a couple buy a car off me - I mean, lovely old couple. They had their car pretty much written off with MOT repairs. Bear in mind it was a Seicento that apparently needed £1200 worth of repairs and they had made them renew all the shocks the year before at £500+ and replace the front brakes for £350! This garage then bought the car off them for £30. It wasn't the first time they had done this and then their car had appeared on their front a few weeks later for sale. I checked the MOT report, heard a few more stories and was half tempted to report them on their behalf.

14 hours ago, BHM said:

I couldn't care less either way.

whys that?

theres at least 2 mot stations within 5 miles of me that i would never take a car to so if i get a car in and see its been there it would stop me putting a bid on ,i once did an exhaustive check on a car i had bought only to find it had indeed come from a garage that has since been put on stop

some of these places dont even see the car

surely youve had cars in locally and after inspection you wonder how it ever got an mot

ive got a 27000 mile car here on original tyres they are all bald as a coot its had advisories for 2 years on them and i expected when i collected it that by now the tyres would have been replaced,how wrong i was,now 4 tyres never come cheap and i hadnt considered this in my pre bid costings

1 hour ago, s and b said:

whys that?

theres at least 2 mot stations within 5 miles of me that i would never take a car to so if i get a car in and see its been there it would stop me putting a bid on ,i once did an exhaustive check on a car i had bought only to find it had indeed come from a garage that has since been put on stop

some of these places dont even see the car

+1

There's a place around here that i'm certain do MOT's over the phone...

If we ever see one with a recent MOT from there we know the seller is either pretending not to be a home trader or the car has loads of underlying issues and simply refuse to even bid on it. MOT check is a great tool and this will also aid piecing together lost history.

In answer to the questions why I don't need to know the MOT station it's because I buy very little locally but even when I do I would not reject a car simply because I don't like the MOT station. 

I sell cheapies but I get the majority of my stock reMOTed anyway. I'd of thought all of the big dealers on here do the same - surely you're not just knocking out motors with an MOT of unknown quality?

15 minutes ago, BHM said:

In answer to the questions why I don't need to know the MOT station it's because I buy very little locally but even when I do I would not reject a car simply because I don't like the MOT station. 

I sell cheapies but I get the majority of my stock reMOTed anyway. I'd of thought all of the big dealers on here do the same - surely you're not just knocking out motors with an MOT of unknown quality?

if you read my post i never said i knock cars out with the current mot

3 hours ago, BHM said:

Always put a new ticket on a sold car but the dodgy local stations just scream trade car that some two bit cash in hand mechanic has had a go at trading and cant fix properly.

I run a mile when I see t heir name and i'm not even slightly athletic

I see the MOT station details have now been removed.

Yeah- I noticed that yesterday.  So annoying!  It gives you the option to leave feedback about the Beta site- so I expressed my displeasure. Might be an idea if others did too.  It was really useful for chasing service history.

Yes, I noticed too. Shame, as I find the the MOT history check really useful. It's always interesting checking through the history how a change of testing station can 'get rid' a pass:)

I also see that they've removed the MOT station's details, was very useful, I left feedback via the BETA site option at the top also. Hoping they reinstate it.

gutted

i made real good use of this as you could do a full mot check of everything prior to buying the fact that the mot station came upas well was gold to me

oh well

i have responded to the dvsa though

Its now saying 

Test locationunavailable until further notice

so looks like an error

• Like 1