Sign in to follow this  
D&M

Is this the one on eBay?

So, we had a late handover this evening.

Too late to cook, so thought we'll treat ourselves and get a chinese for dinner - why not?!

Pulled into the supermarket petrol station to fuel up and was approached by a man with his arms full of shopping "Is this the one for sale on eBay?"

"Yes, it is" I reply.

"Can I have a test drive? - I haven't got me license on me so you'll have to drive me home to get it first"

"No, I can't do that. It's 6:30 in the evening. If you'd like to arrange a viewing, give us a call and we can arrange an appointment"

"But I can't get to you" - (We're a 15 min bus ride away)

"What happened to the other 2 cars you had on eBay? I was watching those" - I sold them you idiot, I'm a car dealer :rolleyes:

"Tell you what, if I can get a pal to bring me over, I'll give you a call"

£10 says I'll never hear from him again

If you want a lift home, call a taxi! - Leave me alone whilst I'm on my way to get my dinner!:angry:

Anyone else get anything like this? - Gotta laugh.

I don't get any of those 'free lift' ones but I seem to bump into customers literally everywhere I go.

I always say hello with great trepidation...

Bloody hell D&M that's some tale. What sort of person asks for a quick test drive just because they've seen it in a car park? He's that serious he can't be arsed to visit you, another penniless dreamer.

• Like 1

This one has literally beaten them all, i definately can't top that one!!! not even with the foreigner who collected his car and proudly told me he had passed his theory test that day and produced his middle eastern driving licence to copy for our records, he didn't even know how to tell the car had fuel in it - as in - the petrol guage!! :huh:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trident said:

This one has literally beaten them all, i definately can't top that one!!! not even with the foreigner who collected his car and proudly told me he had passed his theory test that day and produced his middle eastern driving licence to copy for our records, he didn't even know how to tell the car had fuel in it - as in - the petrol guage!! :huh:

Haha, I bet you still took his money & waved him off.

35 minutes ago, BHM said:

Haha, I bet you still took his money & waved him off.

and shut the door early for when he came back with the stinky clutch:D