Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Dyson to start making electrici cars...

Cheers for the link. Hopefully it's enough money, I mean that seriously, Tesla nearly broke Elon. I think it'll probably be a decent thing and you have to respect him for wanting to have a go.

Could it be the modern day Model T ? Dyson are a respected brand, but.... every Dyson I've had has broken fairy quickly, I've sworn never to buy another... Our business is changing soooooo quickly.....

Bluster & bullshit. Allegedly a large team working on errr..what? No car, no prototype, no factory. I suspect this electric vehicle will be closer in concept to Sinclair's C5 rather than Citroen's C5.

The Dyson hand dryer in the local auction is cracking but you can't direct the air for when the tap sprays all over your gentleman's area so he's missing a trick there.

Good on him. Always seemed like an old fashioned great British inventor who actually managed to turn a few quid out of being a bit eccentric and going ahead with some oddball ideas. 

4 minutes ago, 2435mick said:

OK, what happened to Sir Clive Sinclair???, he was there three decades ago

C5 brings back memories..... of failure.......

• Like 1

History repeating itself,let's say Brexit happens,Labour gets in,he will probably be able to tap the government for several hundred million to build them here.Shades of De Lorean ( check them out )except I imagine Sir James Dyson will probably be able to deliver on his promises !

• Like 1

im not a fan of dyson

as for delorean i remember reading his book 

Iacocca: An Autobiography

i found it fascinating

loved the guy shame how it all ended

Delorean was definateley a good salesman.He persuaded the then  Labour Gov't to invest £100m in 1973 in his Renault/ Lotus designed knacker sports car You could not make it up !