Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

2002 Galaxy 2.3 Ghia

Just taken in PX......Lovely old thing, done 116k with a full history 11 stamps, owes me £200.

Anyway, the ABS Light is on, when you turn the car off and on again it doesn't come back on....Its like you start the car twice to get the ABS light to got out........ Any ideas ?

phone won't stop ringing on that, I'd whack it on at £600 and describe the issue in the advert.

Yes a bulletproof old lump but God, were they thirsty in a Galaxy with an auto box hanging off the end of them!

It's the only car I've ever had a call back from the customer complaining about fuel consumption. He thought it was faulty & that I'd ripped him off. 

Thanks guys, the car won't talk to the snap on machine... I'll sell it with 3 months  Mot as a project.... £590

14 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Thanks guys, the car won't talk to the snap on machine... I'll sell it with 3 months  Mot as a project.... £590

Last one of these we had was an MOT failed rot box and made over £700 on eBay...got exported out to somewhere in Eastern Europe.

19 hours ago, tradex said:

Try an older scanner....they can be like X types and fussy what they talk too.

Thanks for all the help guys, we tried an older scanner and it had a lengthy chat with the Galaxies brain, apparently there isn't must wrong with it, osf speed sensor :) Chucked it through an MOT with it only needing some pads and a bit of welding :) Result, I'm reckoning £1290 PX to clear.....

Arfur,I am enjoying this Galaxy story.I see the value is up another 150% today.Jeremy Corbin might bring this up in his speech today.....'a good example of the Unacceptable face of capitalism etc' .We need daily updates on this,my guess it will sell of course,but will it all end in tears ! I think it has got to be £1500,you cannot get a good kiddies buggy ( 4x4 Ghia) for less than that !

28 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Arfur,I am enjoying this Galaxy story.I see the value is up another 150% today.Jeremy Corbin might bring this up in his speech today.....'a good example of the Unacceptable face of capitalism etc' .We need daily updates on this,my guess it will sell of course,but will it all end in tears ! I think it has got to be £1500,you cannot get a good kiddies buggy ( 4x4 Ghia) for less than that !

Correction of course,I should have said 100% since Monday !

Will, its gonna owe me £550 with a new MOT with no advisories :) 

Can you believe AT value it at £2200 ?? What do you think Trade Vet £1790..... He he

24 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Will, its gonna owe me £550 with a new MOT with no advisories :) 

Can you believe AT value it at £2200 ?? What do you think Trade Vet £1790..... He he

Go for it Arfur.....with your marketing skills etc...!!!

34 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

A couple of email sniffs, but nothing serious as yet...

thats because its too dear

innit

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Sold £1300 !!! Just paid all upfront, collecting Saturday :)

Well played Arfur !

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Sold £1300 !!! Just paid all upfront, collecting Saturday :)

and a £1 more than i valued it at

buy that man a cigar

19 minutes ago, s and b said:

and a £1 more than i valued it at

buy that man a cigar

Yeah, bang on ! Videos with personality sell cars :) this was an interesting post !