Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo

Do AT ads without contract work

So we have an AT trade account but not a contract

we always make sure we arr prices within the top 5 cheapest if u click sort in price order. 

Question is do people actually bother to "sort" becuase we wont be near the top in the natural list with sponsor ads at top. 

I feel the cars we list are good quality, great pics, desireable and well priced. But they dont seem to generate many calls

does AT not really work unless you plough the very high costs of a contract??

I have to say, not aimed at you Jimbo, but I'm bored shitless of AT threads. AT is going to the dogs. Any advertising business that starts chucking away free adverts to bolster it's stock is on it's arse. In answer to your question I'm not sure but can you afford to take the risk of upgrading and it not working? For me the fact they're now scaring already poorly profitable dealers into upgrading which chews away what's left of their profits for little to no additional return is sickening business practice. Not to mention they're not providing their users (buyers) the best possible deal and making that easiest to find should be their priority otherwise they go elsewhere.

For me, if it doesn't work and you get better ROI elsewhere cancel it. If you're not getting calls anywhere maybe it's something else. Link us to an advert if you need an opinion?

Edited by Mojo121
  • Like 2

Good points guys thanks

yeah finding ebay better at the moment. Facebook and AT pretty dead. 

8 hours ago, tradex said:

Jimbo, the trade for me and the guys I talk to, is going thru a bit of a quiet period, it happens and it's not worth kicking yourself. 

Not wishing to sound like Swiss Toni but,

" selling cars is bit like fishing. Doesn't matter how big and tasty the bait is, if the fish aren't about, you won't catch anything"

Like.....

I now have the AT top sponsored package, it started on the 7th of this Month (currently 18 in stock) and Ive not sold one through AT !! Not one !!..... All 5 sales have come from eBay..... 3.0 cdi Vito Traveliner 10K..... A4 3.0 TDI S Line Estate 10k...... Touareg 3.0 TDI £5K...... 320d Biz Ed SE Estate 6k.....XC90 2.5T 4K......

• Like 2

Customers I speak to have stopped looking on AT thinking prices too high and not realising they looking at sponsored ads, but at least they will have lots of private ads for under a grand.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Like.....

I now have the AT top sponsored package, it started on the 7th of this Month (currently 18 in stock) and Ive not sold one through AT !! Not one !!..... All 5 sales have come from eBay..... 3.0 cdi Vito Traveliner 10K..... A4 3.0 TDI S Line Estate 10k...... Touareg 3.0 TDI £5K...... 320d Biz Ed SE Estate 6k.....XC90 2.5T 4K......

Do u just do auction ads or classified?

ebay pro account or normal?

Classified is the only way you can advertise on ebmp, you pay for a package of cars monthly. Don't waste your time auctioning unless its for disposal purposes only. Classified advert all the way, :) make sure you write a comprehensive honest description with 20 photos and you won't look back :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Classified is the only way you can advertise on ebmp, you pay for a package of cars monthly. Don't waste your time auctioning unless its for disposal purposes only. Classified advert all the way, :) make sure you write a comprehensive honest description with 20 photos and you won't look back :) 

Currently been doing auction with a reserve. 

I will look to do classified for next car to compare. 

I dont have a pro account - is it easy to upgrade?

I pay ebay about £170 a month for upto 25 cars, I pay AT 2k a Month.....Huge difference....Are you VAT registered ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

What's the best time period for a classified advert please? Things might have changed on ebay but I used to do 28 days thinking you might as well get the longest time for your money but just seemed to get everyone watching and doing very little until the advert was about to expire. Any help would be appreciated.

44 minutes ago, Frankieola said:

What's the best time period for a classified advert please? Things might have changed on ebay but I used to do 28 days thinking you might as well get the longest time for your money but just seemed to get everyone watching and doing very little until the advert was about to expire. Any help would be appreciated.

Its pre set to the number  of days. You need plenty of photos, good description and feedback against your name to show you're a good ebayer. 

Classified is fixed advert for at 28 days. Auctions attract scabbers and BIN leaves you vulnerable to negative feedback and non payers. The only way is classified.....

Thanks mate 

going to look into pro next week as im doing £17.99 per car at minute for a 10 day auction with reserve

8 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Classified is fixed advert for at 28 days. Auctions attract scabbers and BIN leaves you vulnerable to negative feedback and non payers. The only way is classified.....

+1 absolutely.

Tbh the days of making money with eBay auctions are long gone. The private man is back to shitting himself with auctions.