Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Auction fun

After another disappointing auction buying trip. You know that feeling when you have to make the best of a bad bunch. Nothing is quite right and everything has a problem. The term is "rat f*****" I understand.

Edited by met
  • Like 1

Was in Blackbushe today, earmarked roughly 50 that were decent and worth having a bid on. All sold, the lowest being cap clean money (grade 5). Bought myself a sausage roll and a ribena and came home empty handed. 

Did okay today. Had to pay for them but complete minters. Drive back, clean, photo, advertise - magic! A break from the norm!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LISL said:

Was in Blackbushe today, earmarked roughly 50 that were decent and worth having a bid on. All sold, the lowest being cap clean money (grade 5). Bought myself a sausage roll and a ribena and came home empty handed. 

Well you're not alone. I can't buy crap just to fill the spaces. I had two on my list that I even expected to put clutches in and was still outbid on them

The last 5 or 6 auctions I've attended I have bought nothing. I CAN buy crap just to fill spaces but the level of crap that's getting traded-in is too bad even for me.

And on a rare trip to Leeds I found they now don't let you have the keys, , you can't get in them, you can't open bonnets & the driver's won't even allow you to try the electric windows.

How the hell, in 2017, has the treatment of customers REDUCED to this level when in any other industry service levels have increased & they've embraced "openness"?

Well I've been North, South and West (not physically I might add) and all I have not bought a sausage all week, however I have just found out I'm in the running for under bidder of the week. When you look at all the elements that make up auction prices, it's not looking good is it? I really don't know what the answer is, to be honest I'm not even sure what the question is any more.

There are a few cars selling on the internet at more than I'd sell them for. There must be some in the trade stood with some expensive looking cars.

So who is buying cars at stupid money....no one is admitting to it , they are either earning naff all out of em or marking up double dear , which doesn't make sense seeing how slow things are at the moment .

I hate to jump on the bandwagon but tonight at the local junk was making 300-500 behind retail after fees. 

Maybe I need to ditch both forecourts and start trading one or two from home with a dodgy pay as you go mobile that only gets answered when it's a sales call and not an after sales issue, stop paying the government its share and claim some benefits on top like the rest of these guys?!

16 hours ago, grant8064 said:

I hate to jump on the bandwagon but tonight at the local junk was making 300-500 behind retail after fees. 

Maybe I need to ditch both forecourts and start trading one or two from home with a dodgy pay as you go mobile that only gets answered when it's a sales call and not an after sales issue, stop paying the government its share and claim some benefits on top like the rest of these guys?!

You wouldn't want to. My business partner sold his personal car from home the other week. So much more caution from people - rightly so, but he said it was a complete ballache. 10x what you get on a forecourt.