Sign in to follow this  
Stephen

Part Exchange Banger

Hi

Took few part exchanges that are really just bangers 53 Passat, smells like horses have lived in it, not a panel without a scratch, rust on arches etc, same with 52 plate focus but without horse smell. What is best way to sell these? Been thinking about e bay, but would have to be sold as seen and no warranty? Or is there another option?

Thanks 

The easiest is to scrap them but you'll get a few more quid on eBay HOWEVER you MUST write a brutal advert & clearly tell them on the advert AND face to face that it's a one way deal, sold as seen with a lamppost warranty.

I know the bullshit legality of this but it works on pure shitters - if you have a problem with dealing at the bottom level then scrap them.

Facebook, its full of pikeys, they like Horses..  And Dags

1 hour ago, MrC said:

Facebook, its full of pikeys, they like Horses..  And Dags

... and they like cars no more than 3yrs old!

Scrap ohhh bit to much in them to scrap might try the flee bay route see how that goes

The most honest and brutual adverts I write are for the cheapies. Rare to have them in stock more than about 48hours. Price it cheap and they will sell. Be selective with who you sell to. 

How can a 52 plate focus be worth any more than scrap money, i would have charged the customer to take it off there hands, Scrap would be my choice but of course depends what you allowed in the deal sounds like a lot, pond life gumtree would love it.

11 hours ago, Stephen said:

North east near Durham 

Stephen, they'll love them in the collieries & failing that a greedy monkey hanger will soon take them off your hands. 

Gave 350 for Passat engine everything mechanic is great receipts for over 400 quid at garage 3 month ago, just body work is a skip and inside well don't even know what to say it's vile. 

200 for focus again body work as Ud expect on a car that age plus sum just don't wana scrap it could be decent run about for 7 month for someone moted 

so not sure if over paid or not I'm new but made what I wanted on the cars I sold so even if I did I'm happy , well will be when these sell lol

You'll get your money out of them plus a drink. I hope you don't mind dealing with greedy Asians as they'll be all over that Passat like a rat up a drainpipe.

Ohh not sure never dealt with them regarding cars, did in another industry and would choose not to if possible

Yeah money back and a drink will be good that's all I need out of them really

On 9/21/2017 at 3:20 PM, Stephen said:

Scrap ohhh bit to much in them to scrap might try the flee bay route see how that goes

you could always stick the pair on ebay sell them as a trade sale. Make sure they take both cars and get a proper trade receipt. If you can out them both at once and nick £100 on them then all is good.

Maybe even make a new contact to take all the dog stuff off you in future? I have a bloke now that i ring with anything for under £500 he will buy virtually anything as long as there is still a bit of profit for him at the end. Met him off ebay when i sold a p/x on there, nice and easy i try and nick £50 - £100 on anything i offer him.

1 hour ago, Max Branning said:

you could always stick the pair on ebay sell them as a trade sale. Make sure they take both cars and get a proper trade receipt. If you can out them both at once and nick £100 on them then all is good.

Maybe even make a new contact to take all the dog stuff off you in future? I have a bloke now that i ring with anything for under £500 he will buy virtually anything as long as there is still a bit of profit for him at the end. Met him off ebay when i sold a p/x on there, nice and easy i try and nick £50 - £100 on anything i offer him.

Thats a good idea, saves having to deal with gumtree/ebay messers. I'm surprised dealers don't do it as often as you think.

Asian customers aren't all bad ;)

My head hurts from trying to sell on a px cheap today. Listed all the tiny faults (bit of paintwork flake and a noisy locking actuator). Jesus, the people. £50 deposit and hold for a week... no. Checking the lights work... really? Two test drives... you've been out once! Why is it so cheap? Because I'm not greedy and I want a small profit and the space freed up.

How can you explain to someone you're not trying to rip them off and it's a sweet little car? Answer: you can't. You're a car dealer and as a result scum of the earth.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2017 at 0:20 PM, Stephen said:

Hi

Took few part exchanges that are really just bangers 53 Passat, smells like horses have lived in it, not a panel without a scratch, rust on arches etc, same with 52 plate focus but without horse smell. What is best way to sell these? Been thinking about e bay, but would have to be sold as seen and no warranty? Or is there another option?

Thanks 

Put them on Gumtree as Part Ex to clear they should sell within 48 hours.... at the right price mind.

This week ive sold 3 pxs on gumtree all within 48 hours of being advertised..

52 reg Corsa sxi 150k and obvious oil leak 6 days mot £220

51 Focus 2.0 ghia saloon 3 days mot £175

54 Avensis 2.0d 190k No Mot £340 (over 30 calls and lost count of best price bro messages)

Trade sale invoice them make it clear its sold as seen no warranty and only for spares/repairs.

33 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

My head hurts from trying to sell on a px cheap today. Listed all the tiny faults (bit of paintwork flake and a noisy locking actuator). Jesus, the people. £50 deposit and hold for a week... no. Checking the lights work... really? Two test drives... you've been out once! Why is it so cheap? Because I'm not greedy and I want a small profit and the space freed up.

How can you explain to someone you're not trying to rip them off and it's a sweet little car? Answer: you can't. You're a car dealer and as a result scum of the earth.

which is why i would rather offer only scrap value at p/x time,this way once you've looked under the seats and rear pockets for goodies after the've gone worked out how to get the surplus fuel out, nicked the only good tyre on it in the spare. its just easier to drive it to the bridge and walk off with the keys so some scrote doesnt ride round in it tonight no hassle a cheap bit of jewelry for the grandkids enough fuel to smoke around in for a week and a spare battery now its already the autumn equinox

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I make them  say on video they understand the car is unroadworthy and being sold for parts. No comebacks.

do you video them loading it on a trailer then or wave them off aiding and abetting a possible dangerous car on the road no tax no test no care:lol:

your honour:P

Great advice thanks decoded il use the Passat to get a few trips to the tip in first save me a skip and then it's well on way to paying for itself and think il pop them both on gumtree over weekend and enter the dark side see how bad it really is haha

13 minutes ago, s and b said:

do you video them loading it on a trailer then or wave them off aiding and abetting a possible dangerous car on the road no tax no test no care:lol:

your honour:P

The Lawgistics "unroadworthy vehicle invoice" covers my ass stating it must be tailored away, in addition I like to get them to confirm on video so they fully understand, video stops the cretins :)