GreenGiant

Thought I'd heard everything.

So.

Had as long discussion yesterday with a chap who had the following story:

He bought a new MPV a year ago (not from us). His wife has a small runaround that came in for an MOT and failed, spectacularly. Car's worth £500 in good nick, but needs £1200 worth of work (welding, brakes all round, exhaust etc). He decides that he needs to scrap the little 'un and trade in the MPV for 2 cars.

Looking good so far...

It didn't matter what I told him, his actual, honest belief is that the small car is now technically a CAT D writeoff and he can claim for that on his insurance...

...and the thumping loss he's going to make on the MPV will be covered by the GAP insurance policy he took out, so he can get back what he paid for it.

I suggested he got his claims in and came back to me when he had all the funds in place.

It's depressing that so many of the general public are that thick.

Another example of the 'blame game' and unfortunately customers are becoming more and more detached from reality in terms of taking responsibility for their own items/decisions!

It's always somebody else's fault or somebody else's responsibility :angry:

sold a car to a woman who came back complaining that she couldnt get to drive it properly because there was a plastic thing sticking down under the steery wheel

now we did a good long test drive on the car and i even delivered it to her house

anyway i explained that they all had this madam as it is called a lower cowling and was definitely there on the testy drive

so she went of and multiplied or not i hope

7 hours ago, GreenGiant said:

So.

Had as long discussion yesterday with a chap who had the following story:

He bought a new MPV a year ago (not from us). His wife has a small runaround that came in for an MOT and failed, spectacularly. Car's worth £500 in good nick, but needs £1200 worth of work (welding, brakes all round, exhaust etc). He decides that he needs to scrap the little 'un and trade in the MPV for 2 cars.

Looking good so far...

It didn't matter what I told him, his actual, honest belief is that the small car is now technically a CAT D writeoff and he can claim for that on his insurance...

...and the thumping loss he's going to make on the MPV will be covered by the GAP insurance policy he took out, so he can get back what he paid for it.

I suggested he got his claims in and came back to me when he had all the funds in place.

Priceless :)

Sadly, some people are allowed to drive :) now...about that gap insurance....can i have the scrappage scheme deal as well...........

2435Mick. You joke about the scrappage Scheme, Customer rang last week and enquired on a car we have for sale wanting to book an appointment to view.  Then on saturday cancels the appointment because he's found out the scrappage scheme is only on new cars at main agents and not on 2nd hand at independents.

"We are £2000 short of being able to purchase you car". Another dealer only offered us £100 for our px!"  

Edited by Rick H
  • Like 1

:lol::lol::lol: That's one of the best I've heard in ages! Christ, and I thought my punters were dozy.