Sign in to follow this  
LISL

No "September 2017" thread?

What's happened?! Lol

I'll start off; been a quiet start, hoping it takes off going into the second half; 8 on the board so far. What's welcome is we've been able to buy some decent stock at decent prices. Have also kicked off our workshop which is off site but a stones throw away, so will hopefully bring our prep costs down. 

How's everyone else doing? 

Last month was really quiet but only had a few up for sale as I'm just starting out but done 2 yesterday and have another 2 on the hook for this week so it does seem to be starting to pick up abit but not going to count my chickens. Hopefully a sign for a good month, touch wood !

I'm very new and managed 3 so far this month, but down to 2 cars now so back looking for decent stock at right price

hope everyone's having a good un 

Absolutely desperate here sweet f.a. sold for nearly a fortnight, my glory month was last month, it would seem. 

I've had plenty of interest of the dreaming/timewasting variety & a couple of traders I know have made a couple of discounted sales. Another few days of this & I'll shut the door for a week & naff off.

I'm getting grown men phoning who are "Definately tomorrow" but tomorrow's phone call never comes, a credit card wielding immigrant (no good to me), the most optimistically priced p/xs I've heard in ages, dreamers phoning asking if the car's still available (cos if it is they'll be coming in 4 days to see it :rolleyes:), insulting "cash now mate" offers, ridiculous "cash, no come back, no hassle offers" that in reality are anything but hassle free and the usual men (ahem!) talking-the-talk then saying they have to consult their missus :blink:. I wouldn't embarrass myself in the manner many of these twats do.

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Absolutely desperate here sweet f.a. sold for nearly a fortnight, my glory month was last month, it would seem. 

I've had plenty of interest of the dreaming/timewasting variety & a couple of traders I know have made a couple of discounted sales. Another few days of this & I'll shut the door for a week & naff off.

I'm getting grown men phoning who are "Definately tomorrow" but tomorrow's phone call never comes, a credit card wielding immigrant (no good to me), the most optimistically priced p/xs I've heard in ages, dreamers phoning asking if the car's still available (cos if it is they'll be coming in 4 days to see it :rolleyes:), insulting "cash now mate" offers, ridiculous "cash, no come back, no hassle offers" that in reality are anything but hassle free and the usual men (ahem!) talking-the-talk then saying they have to consult their missus :blink:. I wouldn't embarrass myself in the manner many of these twats do.

absolutely snap:(

We're ticking over, on track for 1 a day which continued today, we're not super busy all the time but we have had a few days where we have done well i.e. 3 last Saturday and 4 the Sunday before which really eases any pressure.

2 hours ago, BHM said:

BHM, you should write a book and call it "tales of woe" best seller!

Worst month I have ever known. Stock is the best I have ever had which makes it all the more frustrating. I genuinely want to cry.

Barely any walk on's, can't remember when I last had an email enquiry and the phone has only rung with after sales problems.

Every finance application is an instant joke too...just not a funny one.

38 sold in August and so far i'm on 7 for September. 

To top it all I had three aftersales calls today; a van that has gone into limp, an Aygo auto that has confused everyone so needs to go to Toyota for £1500 of repairs and a Zafira the guy thought was whining....turns out it shat its box. Oh and a punter screaming abuse and swear words in the office because his air con isn't cold on a cheap part ex Renault.

Tonight it's beers and tomorrow i'm sticking new bunting up. 

Bunting has to be the solution.

(scrappage scheme affecting anyone perhaps???)

On 13/09/2017 at 11:50 AM, BHM said:

Absolutely same story - except we had a decent start to the month

We did sell one today though. Almost didn't happen when he entered his pin wrong three times and blocked his card. Seemed deliberate. Said he'd go home and transfer it. Ohh no sunshine. We ended up driving him to the town centre to get the cash out at the bank ^_^