Sign in to follow this  
MattS

First year trading

Hi,

can anyone help? having a bit of a issue

May be a simple answer to it all and I've been overlooking it. Looking to trade part time on my days off from my other job, with having 0 experience and under 25 i have been looking at traders insurance but its expensive for someone in my circumstances, anyone got any idea's how I can get the cars from the auctions home at a relatively small/reasonable cost? or is the solution just to insure every car separately on a short term insurance?

any helps appreciated.

In all fairness I had zero experience in the motor trade industry (My Brother and Dad have had years of experience), we started out with a niche business model to get the initial money in (focusing on a particular sports model car which seemed to work out quite well for us), we then bought a recovery truck, able to buy cars and garage equipment (tyre machines, balancers, 2 post ramps, etc), moved into our own premise etc.

We now do Servicing & Repairs, Recovery and Car / Part sales.

You don't need a ton of money.. yeah it is an expensive industry but every business is expensive to start these days..

Edited by AutoJacob

MattS, the only way of doing trade insurance on the cheap when you're a young man is not bothering with it! Obviously illegal but that's the truth of it. I'm afraid any business start-up takes 3 things;

Time

Money

Effort

If you're short of any one of those things then don't bother.