Sign in to follow this  
Max Wheeler

BCA !!!

Hi Chaps

Bidding on a Peugeot 3008 yesterday in bca and thought it was mine at £4000 the chap on the rostrum even took my company name anyway when I went to pay for the cars purchased the Peugeot didn't show as purchased or provisional on my account. When I checked on my online account last night it still didn't show so I thought It wasn't sold to me as it capped £4200 below.

So this afternoon Ive had calls from bca saying it was their mistake as they had invoiced it to another company with a similar name and that the hammer price was £4100... the problem I have is I'm fully stocked now and I don't really want the car.

Can I reject the car or do I have to buy???

If you don't want it tell 'em it's theirs & explain why. Simples.

Hi Max

It sounds like they have made a mistake.If it was me,I would have a word with the manager and try to get it for £4K,if not just pay the £4100.Tell the manager,he owes you a favour,you may get a quick knock in future ! 

15 hours ago, BHM said:

If you don't want it tell 'em it's theirs & explain why. Simples.

Already tried they adamant I have to buy it

20 minutes ago, Max Wheeler said:

That's 'BCA speak' for,don't buy it and we will ban you and they will.

14 hours ago, tradex said:

I thought any provisionals had to be cleared by an hour after final bid and any purchases verified the same say - whatever that means - ....would be worth looking at the trading terms as there are some surprising ones in there. They tend to forget the ones that act in our favour though;)

Saying that it was below book, they are good news and in the current market that makes it cheap, don't cut your nose off to spite your face...I would buy it and find a home for it.

PS if it was Enfield they can be bloody hard work, Paddock Wood are very fair, Peterborough and Bedford likewise.

Yes thats right. I did have a provesional bid on another vehicle which I bought and the Peugeot didn't even show as a provisional bid.

It's a 2011 Peugeot 3008 eHdi Auto with 48k Grade 4, with esp light on hence why I'm abit reluctant to buy it now.

yes they may ban you if you cock

what you have to ask yourself is

do you need them or do they need you

buy it on a card if you can or see bank manager for overdraft if your out of budget spend

see if you can flip it

it might turn out to be a simple fix and a nice little earner

53 minutes ago, Max Wheeler said:

Yes thats right. I did have a provesional bid on another vehicle which I bought and the Peugeot didn't even show as a provisional bid.

It's a 2011 Peugeot 3008 eHdi Auto with 48k Grade 4, with esp light on hence why I'm abit reluctant to buy it now.

Should not have bid on it then should you... 

2 hours ago, Max Wheeler said:

That's bullshit - no one tells me how I spend my money. Man up!!

5 hours ago, AutoJacob said:

Paid a bit much for that didn't you..

No he didn't....

Edited by Reggaj