Sign in to follow this  
BHM

Punters - what planet are they from??

£800 Focus. Buying it because their car got wrote off. "Okay, we'll come and get it on Wednesday when you've MOT'd it". Surprised he has to leave a deposit he scrapes together £50  off his Mum's pension money - usually I only take £200 but I felt for them.

Tuesday the money hasn't hit their account. Wednesday they realise they have to deduct the £250 excess from their £800 payout. Thursday comes and they can't get a £250 loan. Friday rolls in and my old Focus is staying put and I'm £50 richer. Paid for the MOT and wiper blades though...

Always feel really sad for them when a bloke turns up in his 40's / 50's buying a car and its an old parent paying for it. 

Sometimes people hit hard times, more often than not I suspect its permanent hard times. 

54 minutes ago, tradex said:

as it's the "very desirable diesel"

Then you should have no problem selling it privately then sir!

They're mad. I've just had one of Peterborough's finest on the phone. 

From what I could understand they've got an 08 Astra hatch with the desirable 1.3 Fiat diesel, no history, wheeltrimmed up & 2 months MOT.

Mine for £1450! No thanks.

how is it that we can always tell from 30 paces if a trader is trying to leg us 

i know i use my cctv when they first pull up and if they get out, pull their kegs up and light a fag then starters for 10 we aint gonna be doing business

An old thread but the title is apt (and I guess it always will be!)

Yesterday a customer rolls up unannounced in a car I sold him about a year ago. He had his 17yr old offspring with him “just passed the driving test”. 

I was shown their phone to look at a car advert on Gumtree. On the way to me apparently they’d realised that the seller was a former school friend of the 17yr old - so they were going to see this 17yr old ‘trader’, advertising as a private on Gumtree on this car that looked very cheap to me.

Basically they had called in to see if they could benefit from my experience and use my time free of charge. In other words COULD I GO WITH THEM TO INSPECT A CAR THEY'RE CONSIDERING BUYING FROM ANOTHER TRADER!?!!!

I politely declined due to prior arrangements and just told them to buy it as it looked cheap “After all, what’s to worry about if he’s genuine trader and you know each other”.

Had one of those ones out today wanting to pay around the same as on the current finance deal. Despite the car they were looking at being double the price of the car they bought last time. 

His Wife got it and was pretty annoyed with him for dragging her an hour and half away for that :lol:

They are out there amongst us :lol:

Ha, like my old nan used to tell me if you're good at something don't do it for free :lol: