Sign in to follow this  
MrC

Should have gone to Specsavers

What the feck is wrong with some people. I spend a fortnight looking for a decent VW T5 donor van for a conversion, there is not much between Auction price and retail once you have given the BCA tip so I'm happy to give good money for a good van.

I spotted one at a place called Discount cars in Dudley a 200+ mile M6 nightmare round trip, So I spoke to the dealer over the phone explained that I needed a really clean and well looked after van, I did expect the odd age related mark. He went on to tell me how mint this can was and I would not be disappointed.

I dont usually discus price over the phone but due to the distance we talked money  and agreed on a price subject to viewing.

Set off in the morning to be fair the M6 was ok and 2hrs later I pull up at a shonky set of units behind a Lithuanian car wash place....

I cant begin to tell you guys how bad this van was, zero prep,  not one decent panel or panel gap and Stevie Wonder had drank a gallon of paint and pissed it on. Stone chips and rust has just been badly painted over and even little bits of what was a wrap where painted over.

I was fecking furious, and all he kept saying in his thick Dudley accent.. Was "Well we think it looks good" I could have swung for the crunt. Pisser was the M6 was shut at Thelwall on the return journey and it to me 5 hrs to get home.

Why waste people time, if some is travelling a distance I give a walk around honest over the phone appraisal.

2 hours ago, MrC said:

What the feck is wrong with some people. I spend a fortnight looking for a decent VW T5 donor van for a conversion, there is not much between Auction price and retail once you have given the BCA tip so I'm happy to give good money for a good van.

I spotted one at a place called Discount cars in Dudley a 200+ mile M6 nightmare round trip, So I spoke to the dealer over the phone explained that I needed a really clean and well looked after van, I did expect the odd age related mark. He went on to tell me how mint this can was and I would not be disappointed.

I dont usually discus price over the phone but due to the distance we talked money  and agreed on a price subject to viewing.

Set off in the morning to be fair the M6 was ok and 2hrs later I pull up at a shonky set of units behind a Lithuanian car wash place....

I cant begin to tell you guys how bad this van was, zero prep,  not one decent panel or panel gap and Stevie Wonder had drank a gallon of paint and pissed it on. Stone chips and rust has just been badly painted over and even little bits of what was a wrap where painted over.

I was fecking furious, and all he kept saying in his thick Dudley accent.. Was "Well we think it looks good" I could have swung for the crunt. Pisser was the M6 was shut at Thelwall on the return journey and it to me 5 hrs to get home.

Why waste people time, if some is travelling a distance I give a walk around honest over the phone appraisal.

" Well we think it looks good" 

Is even more worrying...! What would he describe as bad then !!

On a positive note if these people are our competition then we are ok, they are working for us.

Personally I wouldn't buy a bag of sweets in or near Birmingham, never mind a vehicle.

However on a more serious note misdescribing must happen a lot as often when I get people round they often tell me they're pleasantly surprised - apparently some dealers even find it acceptable if they can't even get the car started! I though I sold some s*** but at least I tell 'em it's s*** :lol:

• Like 1