Arfur Dealy

Awesome August or Arrrrgh August ??

Arrghhhhhhhhh save me now sums me up.

Plenty of people about, just none have any intention of buying a car.

After last Friday I may as well of shut the door. I had a phone call today from a man 5 miles away - "I'm coming to buy NOW!!!" That was over 6 hours ago :lol:

It's weird, 4 out of the 6 were women who paid upfront after watching my vid. No discussion with hubbies.....

42 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

whats on the vid?

Just me and my "appraisal" of the car, I sell all my cars on the basis of my video presentation. 

I half expected the answer to be 10" on the hard :lol:

God knows how you get a penny out of the punters before they even see it - half of the greedy bastards I deal with don't even have a deposit after the test drive - the number of punters who have to be directed to the nearest cash machine surprises me. Who on earth goes to see a car without at least a coupl of hundred quid with them? ANSWER: my punters!

1 minute ago, BHM said:

I half expected the answer to be 10" on the hard :lol:

God knows how you get a penny out of the punters before they even see it - half of the greedy bastards I deal with don't even have a deposit after the test drive - the number of punters who have to be directed to the nearest cash machine surprises me. Who on earth goes to see a car without at least a coupl of hundred quid with them? ANSWER: my punters!

After 31 years, I have absolutely no tolerance for time-wasters. I only appoint after I have received the deposit  and they have confirmed their intent to buy :) Genuine confirmed buyers only is my rule.

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

It's weird, 4 out of the 6 were women who paid upfront after watching my vid. No discussion with hubbies.....

Really..and these were high milers and you are only part time....you must be a very good player !

1 minute ago, trade vet said:

Really..and these were high milers and you are only part time....you must be a very good player !

Part Time ? 

57 Plate E320 CDI Estate 7 Seater 160k 

08 XTrail (PX)

07 Beetle Dune ( I Know)

07 A6 2.7 S Line Avant 120k

09 Vectra VXR (PX)

08 V70 D5 SE Lux GT (Loaded Full Volvo History 10 Stamps 120k )

Not had so much as a phone call yet!

Mind you July turned out a great month and it was two weeks in before I had a sniff.

5 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

57 Plate E320 CDI Estate 7 Seater 160k 

08 XTrail (PX)

07 Beetle Dune ( I Know)

07 A6 2.7 S Line Avant 120k

09 Vectra VXR (PX)

08 V70 D5 SE Lux GT (Loaded Full Volvo History 10 Stamps 120k )

OK....for some reason I thought you were doing later stuff.

10 minutes ago, trade vet said:

OK....for some reason I thought you were doing later stuff.

Newer stock is 10 a penny, I sell what interests me and what I see as huge value.

Just never ending finance applications here, all declined or massive APR. Mainly from 21 year old's wanting our £20k hot hatch with zero deposit, a new job and living with parents -_-

Bring on September! 

16 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Newer stock is 10 a penny, I sell what interests me and what I see as huge value.

And the workshop bills !

I buy the right cars, I'm very choosy, I prep to a very high standard which I emphasise. Quality sells to quality buyers, if you are a dealer in crap, you deal with crap buyers. 

12 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

:lol:

dead here, i sometimes dont mind a messer on a free test drive, it blows the water out of the back box :P

And cleans up the discs brakes!

• Like 1

You know the job is on fire when a car that just come back from the paint shop covered in dust and is awaiting the mother of all valets sells.

19 hours ago, M.J said:

Just never ending finance applications here, all declined or massive APR. Mainly from 21 year old's wanting our £20k hot hatch with zero deposit, a new job and living with parents -_-

Bring on September! 

Who do you use ? 

Picked up a bit today...

Oh wait, hang on...enquiries on sub 2k junk from the opposite end of the country, a few test drives booked but when they arrived all three hadn't taken a test yet despite qualifying over the phone and three finance props rejected (I wasn't surprised by them tbh)