Dealer research

Car feeds needed. Can you help?

Hi community. Hope everyone is good. We know this is a tall ask but....

We are looking for help to "see" what a car feed to AT looks like? Is anyone willing to share a feed with us so we can take a look? 

Anything shared with us wouldn't leave our internal development lab. We just need to try and upload a feed to our app and see if it uploads perfectly. 

We're a startup looking to offer an alternative to AT. 

(I know many people have said we will never make it and we're wasting our time but please, if you can, help us! lol)

Thanks in advance everyone!

Dave

Sorry if i'm way of the mark but your business model seems to be highlighting the floors with AT rather than creating a remedy for them.. case in point your last thread....  everyone is aware of the issues with AT and your thread highlighted these same faults but but what response are you looking for ... ? 

You have asked for a feed but not to long ago you said "how do people get multiple cars on AT ? A feed or something..."  web feeds are basic and i'm not sure why you need to see what an AT feed looks like when they are unique to them and will come from a host 9/10? 

I wish you the best of look but people will naturally question the longevity of this when your knowledge of the market seems very limited and very "i hate AT" 

Regards 

Edited by Tadams

Hi Tadams,

Very new here and apols if we do sound to have limited knowledge (we do have limited knowledge! lol)

Thats why were asking the community. Who could hopefully help us. (You gotta start somewhere)

Feeds come from your DMS dont they if our understanding as a XML/CSV. My question was, can we see one of them (regardless of whether its to AT or not)

Can you help Tadams? 

Cheers in advance

Dave

I suppose my question (after reading it back) should be....

How can dealers get their cars listed in bulk on our platform? 

What we want is to make a no hassle way for dealers to get their stock listed. Any ideas on how this can be done easily?

Cheers! 

Dave

Urghh sorry Tadams...last point...

Our struggle is....How do we get cars listed from dealers...We have the answer to the customer point (getting traffic to us from the general public) but thats no good if we get the public to us and only 50 cars showing. so we want as many cars listed as possible pre launch. 

Thoughts? 

i think you need to speak to website hosts and see how there coding works to share with AT perhaps and create something of the back of that ?

I am a little confused though as i thought you said there was a BETA to come on Aug 1st ? but you don't know how to obtain feeds yet ? 

Like i have said before i wish you the best of luck, its a busy places though where pre existing name cant rival AT such as Ebay, motors etc.. CarBaya was the next to try and now they are asking for investors on their site. 

56 minutes ago, Tadams said:

i think you need to speak to website hosts and see how there coding works to share with AT perhaps and create something of the back of that ?

I am a little confused though as i thought you said there was a BETA to come on Aug 1st ? but you don't know how to obtain feeds yet ? 

Like i have said before i wish you the best of luck, its a busy places though where pre existing name cant rival AT such as Ebay, motors etc.. CarBaya was the next to try and now they are asking for investors on their site. 

Cmon Tadams, give me a little break sir! lol. We're here asking for help. Believe me, all the doubting etc we've done already (no sleep them nights!) We've remortgaged to the hilt and all the rest of it so we're here to simply get some help and encouragement if possible.

I said... "we are due to go live on September 1st with Beta testing for Dealers interested (for free obviously). Website will be live by 1st August with what we do"

Could we count on you to give us a go for free? 

Ta

Dave 

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Are you asking how to 'mirror' AT ads' and then generate revenue from your sites advertising, as that's been tried before?

Negative ghostrider. That pattern is full already. 

We're not into that. To let you into our mind....

Zero 3rd party ads or crappy finance pop ups etc. 

Are you serious?

If established platforms with huge resources, such as eBay, can't crack the market what chance do you have?  

Edited by bestprice4cash