Mat C

Drive Home Insurance

I'm sure i've asked this befoer, but I have been asked about 6 times this week by customers do we have drive home insurance. 

Do any of you guys have it? How much is it? Do you charge your customers for it?

Any providers would be ace, thanks in advance.

Mat

No chance whatsoever. The sort of man who can't afford to insure his car immediately isn't the sort of man I'd trust to take his details from. I can just imaging one of these punters pranging their car on the way home (or two months later saying you'd insured it for them), their details being incorrect, the insurer bouncing the claim & it ending up back in your lap.

I know you can cover yourself legally with the paperwork but why bother? Tell them to arrange day insurance if they need it. I assure you that you have NOT lost a sale cos you don't do it, a serious customer will be happy to sort their own insurance.

4 minutes ago, BHM said:

No chance whatsoever. The sort of man who can't afford to insure his car immediately isn't the sort of man I'd trust to take his details from. I can just imaging one of these punters pranging their car on the way home (or two months later saying you'd insured it for them), their details being incorrect, the insurer bouncing the claim & it ending up back in your lap.

I know you can cover yourself legally with the paperwork but why bother? Tell them to arrange day insurance if they need it. I assure you that you have NOT lost a sale cos you don't do it, a serious customer will be happy to sort their own insurance.

I was asked by customers that have already purchased, more for convenience as collecting on Sundays and their insurance company wasn't open etc..

I use drive away insurance from time to time mainly when a customer was not planning on doing the deal that day but then decide they do want to take the car away then and there, it gets them out the door quicker, instead of them spending an hour on the phone to insurance companies, i can setup drive away cover for them in 5 mins and they can sort out their permanent insurance when they get home.

Its got nothing to do with you or your own trade policy, you are simply setting up a temporary insurance policy for them, costs around £15-£20.

I don't use it much but it's come in quite handy at times.

12 minutes ago, M.J said:

I use drive away insurance from time to time mainly when a customer was not planning on doing the deal that day but then decide they do want to take the car away then and there, it gets them out the door quicker, instead of them spending an hour on the phone to insurance companies, i can setup drive away cover for them in 5 mins and they can sort out their permanent insurance when they get home.

Its got nothing to do with you or your own trade policy, you are simply setting up a temporary insurance policy for them, costs around £15-£20.

I don't use it much but it's come in quite handy at times.

Who do you use? This is exactly the situation I get sometimes. All my cars are ready to go, just gets people away without them sitting here for hours sorting it.

1 minute ago, Mat C said:

Who do you use? This is exactly the situation I get sometimes. All my cars are ready to go, just gets people away without them sitting here for hours sorting it.

lloyd latchford group

Just now, M.J said:

lloyd latchford group

Cheers

Just singed up with these a few weeks, back, not sure if it was just us but they took a wile to set it up so keep on them if you need it asap. it does not cost anything to sign and s great for getting customers on the way

It bounces on loads of customers and you don't get the reason.

Anyone from high risk postcode you have very little chance, sporty stuff does not cover many of them. Proper hit and miss.

Hit and miss as Rory says, I no longer offer it as it causes more grief than it's worth , only available on cars less than 8 years old if you didn't know.

Yes it is a little hit and miss, probably 50/50 in terms of accepted declined policies. No commercial vehicles either.