Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

What really annoys you about customers ??

1 minute ago, andymc1973 said:

I wouldn't have said im either cocky or little

Little cock? :blink:

15 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The ones who just look at photos, then........wait for it.......send an email........asking.......how long have you owned and why are you selling ? 

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Me about a Firestorm last month...

"why are you selling the bike?"

"cos I don't want it anymore"

"ohh, I think I'll leave it then"

:blink:

:lol:

:lol::lol:

About 5 years ago I lost a sale on a car because the wheeltrims were tie wrapped onto the wheels. They thought the tie wraps were holding the wheels to the car. It was a newly-single woman car shopping & taking advice from her 14 year old son. Bearing in mind the obvious situation I politely explained & even offered to remove them for her, but of course it fell on deaf ears as us big nasty car dealers are always shafting over defenceless women. A shame cos she was a nice person & the car was spot-on - wheeltrims aside! 

I once got asked how long I have been here for, I replied 26 years this year feels like a life sentence with a smile, to which the couple replied 26 years aw never mind we where looking for someone more established.

I think most of the customers that are complete dicks wouldn't be complete dicks if the industry didn't have such a bad reputation. 

What annoys me is "What problems does it have" and "What's wrong with it". I usually explain they've found a dealer that doesn't knowingly sell a car with faults, and if they drive off and there's evidently something wrong to bring it back and then I explain that if I was dodgy, which is the implication to their question, I wouldn't tell them there was a problem so the question is a bit redundant because I could be dodgy and the whole speech I just gave could be a bit of a ruse. ;):lol:

• Like 3

The question "is it immaculate?"

I always answer negatively & tell them any dealer who tells them it is is clearly a liar & don't bother going there - used cars by their very definition cannot be immaculate.

20% of the time they agree & come & view.

The other 80% start whinging & usually add that they've been to see a few that were described as immaculate but clearly weren't. But you won't get through to these punters with this mentality.

I think most of "dick" customers would be like that no matter what, champagne taste, lemonade money and thinking they're lawyers after speaking to a couple of their mates. I bet a couple of times per month I tell a punter they need to either increase their budget or lower their expectations.

Edited by BHM
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BHM said:

The question "is it immaculate?"

I used to work for an auction selling antiques and would get asked this ALL DAY LONG!!!

Erm, no. It's 120 years old. How could it ever be immaculate? I know of some fakes in mint condition though if you'd rather one of those?

I'm the same with cars...it's used. Even brand spanking new it's been on a car carrier ship, sat in a giant car park, the apprentice salesman has caught his trousers on the paintwork and made a tiny scratch...nothing is immaculate once it's out of the factory.

On 23/07/2017 at 7:46 AM, andymc1973 said:

Yes it's the 99% who spoil it for for the 1%

Oh dear, one of the 99% slipped through the net & visited my establishment today with a car valeter - i.e. self appointed know all mechanic.

After an hour of insinuating the car was faulty, which it's not, we eventually got down to money. Needless to say that took another 30 minutes. When they realised I wasn't budging the money came out, an inspection of the documents took place, then, my God on a 9 year old car!!, ONE, yes ONE stonechip on the windscreen was noticed with the comment "that'll be an MOT failure so that'll be £250"!!!!

At that point I blurted out "are you for fucking real?", chucked the car's documents on the roof, threw my hands in the air & told them "just go, I've had enough of you two, I'm not selling you the car, I'm sick of the pair of you" etc. etc. I honestly could of screamed at these greedy bastards - they'd worn me down!!!!

Sorry but why on earth do just about every Pakistani British Asian (whatever the politically correct phrase) that I've met looking for a car feel the need to take the piss? I can deal with most people, the greedy white lowball tossers who can be chased away in 5 minutes, Indians, Nigerians (tell them immediately that's the price so if you don't like it we'll stop now), Kenyans, Zambians, Fijians, Eastern Europeans, Russians, homosexuals, transgenders, lesbians, atheists, vicars - all people that spring to mind over the last year or so BUT for some reason I find the average Pakistani mentality virtually impossible to understand.

• Like 1

i lost a sale a fortnight ago to a stone chip in screen, so your not alone, the car otherwise ticked every single box, wasted another hour of my life,  i even explained that she could claim it in her insurance foc, in the end i said "ive been doing this job 30+years and your the very first to bring this minor defect into such a castrophe, steaming exhausts, mayo in cap, etc etc, but never this, good luck in your search then and basically dont come back because i cant find a car that reaches your oh so high expectations" in other words ****** off <_<. and customer was white, female, 25 ish, and came with a mechanic who praised the car :D

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Oh dear, one of the 99% slipped through the net & visited my establishment today with a car valeter - i.e. self appointed know all mechanic.

After an hour of insinuating the car was faulty, which it's not, we eventually got down to money. Needless to say that took another 30 minutes. When they realised I wasn't budging the money came out, an inspection of the documents took place, then, my God on a 9 year old car!!, ONE, yes ONE stonechip on the windscreen was noticed with the comment "that'll be an MOT failure so that'll be £250"!!!!

At that point I blurted out "are you for fucking real?", chucked the car's documents on the roof, threw my hands in the air & told them "just go, I've had enough of you two, I'm not selling you the car, I'm sick of the pair of you" etc. etc. I honestly could of screamed at these greedy bastards - they'd worn me down!!!!

Sorry but why on earth do just about every Pakistani British Asian (whatever the politically correct phrase) that I've met looking for a car feel the need to take the piss? I can deal with most people, the greedy white lowball tossers who can be chased away in 5 minutes, Indians, Nigerians (tell them immediately that's the price so if you don't like it we'll stop now), Kenyans, Zambians, Fijians, Eastern Europeans, Russians, homosexuals, transgenders, lesbians, atheists, vicars - all people that spring to mind over the last year or so BUT for some reason I find the average Pakistani mentality virtually impossible to understand.

Take a deeeeep breath,  I'm 100% with you :)

Unfortunately they have no respect. They compare the uk to a Market into Scummystinkybad, or wherever they are from and think we should do business their way. The arrogance / disrespect really grains me, that's why I won't appoint anyone until they've paid a deposit upfront. 

2 hours ago, BHM said:

yup just had one of these lot win an auction for a banger focus on ebay, my heart dropped, said he would come up tonight at 10pm to get car, i said not a chance am i pissing about at 10pm on an ebay car, i told him he needed to send me a deposit as per auction rules, he says i don't do deposits, really is that so you and your 4 mates in the octavia taxi with 220k on can piss me around chipping the car? i said my auction my rules, he replies just cancel the sale, bloody great

Im glad someone has stated theyre not asians, they are british pakistani, how they sell cars to one another is a mystery

So anyway thats my ebay experiment over, trade cars back in the block

I wouldnt care they are shit negotiators, they wonder why i just say the cars sold

Yup they only buy from themselves normally not worth the hassle

do you find that you get more from e bay than block that's when you get it

Obviously not with hassle tho and bet second chance offers is ignored

I sacked off eBay auctions years ago for these reasons - benefit hungry white trash expecting the earth & Asians bidding at the last second resulting in either zero contact or wanting to collect in the middle of the night. The final straw for me was an 8 o'clock showing turning up at 11 o'clock at my home (they're always just on their way), 4 of them getting out of the Octavia, crawling all over the car then expecting to re-negotiate.

When I get a pure heap of shit p/x I put it on eBay as a classified ad along with my other cars and make it clear what it is - as though the £100-200 asking price isn't clear enough - along with the line "ABSOLUTELY NO EMAILS - PHONE CALLS ONLY ON THIS & NO OFFERS WHATSOEVER"

You'll still get a few emails asking for warranty, finance, swaps for mobile phones, women with a sob story wanting a car to last 3 years etc. but you obviously just ignore them. Anyone who you don't like the sound of on the phone should also just be ignored. However a serious punter, usually an even smaller trader than me, will turn up soon enough.

The knack is don't be greedy - most of this shit would only return £100-150 or so at the block so that's what I advertise it at, once you've given the punter a few firm words on the phone the ones that buy always seem straight enough to me. The record speed of sale was a phone call in 90 seconds & cash in my hand in 15 minutes, but most take a few days.

Obviously if you're forecourt is full of £30 grand Mercs this isn't for you, but one heap of shit parked for a couple of days next to my 2 grand gems isn't an issue.

• Like 1

Haha, it beggars belief the stupidity of the general public - and it seems to be getting worse as money becomes tighter. It's a shame you got the backlash.

I know what you mean, the man must think a clutch is the same price no matter what the car - the fucking idiot - I'd of like to have seen his performance down at Mr. Clutch :lol:

Anyone with an ounce of sense or decency wouldn't complain about a fault that had been declared.

6 hours ago, BHM said:

I sacked off eBay auctions years ago for these reasons - benefit hungry white trash expecting the earth & Asians bidding at the last second resulting in either zero contact or wanting to collect in the middle of the night. The final straw for me was an 8 o'clock showing turning up at 11 o'clock at my home (they're always just on their way), 4 of them getting out of the Octavia, crawling all over the car then expecting to re-negotiate.

When I get a pure heap of shit p/x I put it on eBay as a classified ad along with my other cars and make it clear what it is - as though the £100-200 asking price isn't clear enough - along with the line "ABSOLUTELY NO EMAILS - PHONE CALLS ONLY ON THIS & NO OFFERS WHATSOEVER"

You'll still get a few emails asking for warranty, finance, swaps for mobile phones, women with a sob story wanting a car to last 3 years etc. but you obviously just ignore them. Anyone who you don't like the sound of on the phone should also just be ignored. However a serious punter, usually an even smaller trader than me, will turn up soon enough.

The knack is don't be greedy - most of this shit would only return £100-150 or so at the block so that's what I advertise it at, once you've given the punter a few firm words on the phone the ones that buy always seem straight enough to me. The record speed of sale was a phone call in 90 seconds & cash in my hand in 15 minutes, but most take a few days.

Obviously if you're forecourt is full of £30 grand Mercs this isn't for you, but one heap of shit parked for a couple of days next to my 2 grand gems isn't an issue.

this could be my post:o