Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

What really annoys you about customers ??

Mot testers and mechanics along with painters, the triumvirate of evil 

they're all after the ultimate deal, and down here at have a word with the wife car sales [2017] ltd we truly offer the best deals, why, cant you just see yourself in that blue micra at just 995 or spread the cost over five years, a roll of carpet would cover the deposit, dont bring money bring cake, i work for currants :D

2 hours ago, MrC said:

Phone call Thursday evening from a friend who lives in Warwick. Son desperately needs a car. Low miles no older than 2008.

I have a 2008 3dr Astra sxi 43k miles, looks as fresh as the day it rolled out of Vauxhall. Pinged a few pics over and he said perfect we will Come on Saturday.

MOT was only till Sept so I tried too get an mot booked for Friday. My usual guy can't get me in and neither can my second choice.  So I have to take it to the last mot place I would ever want till use. Failum Fred.... You could take a 0 miles car to him and the shithouse will find some thing to fail it on.

Sure enough he failed it on a track rod end and a drop link... Wierd as it drove perfectly. Anyway sure enough he pulled my pants down for the jobs.. But im on a time schedule here so I grimace and just pay.

Sat morning i give the car a final polish for the wow factor as its a friends son whos having it.....

No show, No call, No reply to texts, Wont answer the phone.

Brilliant Thanks

A friend & fellow trader had exactly the same on Friday night with a family member. He left to think about it (that's a new one!!) & on Saturday won't answer his phone. 

As for MOT places I only use a couple & both of them know that I use my own mechanic so they ain't looking for work from me.

And if they turned up on the Saturday and the car had a short MOT they would have moaned about it or tried to have your pants down on account of it!!

They will probably buy a car somewhere else and if they get bad service, ripped off or the car goes wrong, They'll be on the phone to you moaning and wanting your help! That's what I hate about customers!!

Here's another example of what annoys me. This is a question regarding a 2006 Ford Focus 1.6 with FULL SERVICE HISTORY, was last serviced last week & has new discs & pads. All this is irrelevant really but the price isn't - it's a clean car & it's up for a paltry £999. What sort of man asks this on a £999 car??? They boil my piss.

IMG_4791.PNG

Just had similar on a 2k Saab by someone who in his own words is hugely fussy, hasn't got the wallet for fussy 

19 minutes ago, BHM said:

Here's another example of what annoys me. This is a question regarding a 2006 Ford Focus 1.6 with FULL SERVICE HISTORY, was last serviced last week & has new discs & pads. All this is irrelevant really but the price isn't - it's a clean car & it's up for a paltry £999. What sort of man asks this on a £999 car??? They boil my piss.

IMG_4791.PNG

tell him yes its got loads but you dont charge extra for them

16 hours ago, Muzo said:

You read your history mate this people died for this country thousands of them indian and pakistan

that would make them in their late 80's, you are on about the 2nd World War

at least you can understand him, all i have had this weekend is text talk, and i am loathed to get the urban dictionary out to understand a single word they say.

• Like 1

Hate the liars that BS and say the deposit on its way. I won't let them get off the phone until its arrived. 

No-shows are what annoys me most

Hate the ones who text last thing Saturday evening to make an appointment to view something on Sunday ( I don't usually open Sundays) then don't show up or ever contact you again.

Or the ones who line up 3 or 4 cars just like the one your selling, just you happen to be at the end of there route and again they don't show cause the end up buying car 1, 2 or 3.

Or the ones who drive everything on the lot so they get a feel for which model they'd like to buy. Head away without even pretending to be interested and say something like " thanks for that!" Then buy that model online from Motorpoint or the like.

17 hours ago, justina3 said:

at least you can understand him, all i have had this weekend is text talk, and i am loathed to get the urban dictionary out to understand a single word they say.

I don't do texts with punters but the buyer of a heap of shit I sold took to texting at 3 in the morning. When I switched on my phone the next morning I decided to politely, but firmly, respond and made it clear this was the one & only text I'd send him. How silly off me! My efforts were rewarded with 4 more texts of pure drivel, lies & threats. I'm not sure what the saddest part is; is it the substandard English, zero grammar & shortened text words to save a couple of key strokes they use OR the pure drivel they spout?

Edited by BHM

Already said before probably but the SMS messages which ask for your best price.

• Like 1

On 22/07/2017 at 8:55 AM, BHM said:

Just about everything, but here's a few.

The greedy bastards who phone want the best, but have shit money to spend AND then want a warranty. They all want to know the car end of a fart, service history, cambelt (I even told him the Peugeot dealership that changed it so he can phone to confirm), the fact it was just serviced by us 2 days ago, the new tyres it's just had & then wants to know what's the bottom price!! FFS it's a low mileage 2007 Peugeot with FSH, new service, new tyres & cambelt for £999!!!!! What do they want? Half an hour free ride on my Mrs as well??

The same greedy bastards on the phone who then introduce a trade in late into the deal. He won't answer a straight question (how difficult is "How long have you had the car for?"?), always starts talking shite. Needless to say his trade-in was pathetic, an 04 Astra, no history, owned it six weeks - wants £500. £50 would be nearer the mark.

Overly optimistic p/x prices (who cares if you paid £2500 last year for a 2.2 petrol Signum).

Arsehole midnight emailers obviously without a pot to piss in.

Greedy London based chancers expecting a car to be delivered from the North East for £50.

Punters offering a "cash deal" then wanting to pay by bank transfer, cheque, card (anything but cash!!) and asking for a fully itemised receipt. A cash deal to me means cash, f*%+ off & don't come back.

Scum who phone 11 months later complaining their car has just failed the MOT & demanding rectification monies somewhere close to what the paid a year ago for the car or they'll phone Trading Standards. Usually the online MOT reveals they've failed on a drop link, brake pads, tyres etc. but they want £1000 for major works (I.e. Taking the piss).

Punters coming for an appointment at let's say 2pm. If I wasn't there by the allotted time I'd phone to say I'm late, and give my new e.t.a. They turn up an hour or more late without a hint of an apology. Sometimes I give these ignorant & arrogant bastards very short shrift.

Punters on the phone "hold the car for me, I'm definitely buying it". I stopped doing that years ago for obvious reasons.

Punters viewing a car then mention there's a third party involved. If they mention their daughter etc. needs to be involved before they've test driven then I refuse the test drive. Bring EVERYONE who has a say in the deal.

Fussy pillocks (usually VAG men), crawling all over a £2000 car like it's a new Veyron. On their hands & knees at every corner looking down the sides for any dimples etc. They then return from the test drive & proceed to do the same again for another 15 minutes!! If they haven't bashed it on the test drive it's going to look the bloody same as when they set off, surely!?!!!!! 

Rant over (for now). Basically I'm annoyed by all of the "Champagne taste, lemonade money" twats that buy cheap cars.

Is everything okay at home mate? ;)

The most annoying for me are what i call the "pistonhead brigade", those who have spent 10minutes on the internet and are suddenly a knowitall expert, quoting every issue anybody has ever had with the vehicle as a "common" problem while quoting Parkers price guide and reciting every word the ***** Clarkson has ever said about the vehicle as gospal

Also, what seems nothing, but really grinds my gears is the what i call "sunday morning halfords club", the ones who have a bottle of every screen wash, oil, coolant etc in the boot at all times, always have to have upgraded headlight bulbs, better wipers etc and have been suckered in by marketing and believe Autoglym is the best product known to man and have a bottle of everything they have ever made and wont be told that Super resin polish and protection won't make any difference to a 14 year old banger

Oh and those who think 2 old MOT certs & a reciept from Big Bobs Tyres for 2 tyres it had 4 years ago equates to their part exchange having a "full service history"

• Like 1

Nice to see the usual red necks playing the race card...

In fairness it can be said every culture / colour has it's fair share of idiots. Had 3 tattooed plonks in their trackies, caps, and black shoe/trainers...from the the north come the other day, revving the shit out of a diesel... and haggling over £100.... the excuses they came out with were a joke.

Some Asians pay without a quibble some don't just like some whites and blacks...

Social integration classes are free :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, BHM said:

I don't do texts with punters but the buyer of a heap of shit I sold took to texting at 3 in the morning. When I switched on my phone the next morning I decided to politely, but firmly, respond and made it clear this was the one & only text I'd send him. How silly off me! My efforts were rewarded with 4 more texts of pure drivel, lies & threats. I'm not sure what the saddest part is; is it the substandard English, zero grammar & shortened text words to save a couple of key strokes they use OR the pure drivel they spout?

I thought I was the only one when it came to the threats and abuse.... Had anyone else been at the receiving end of abuse? 

I had a guy who wanted £1200 of my £5000 car, it was one of the cheapest in the country at the time. Anyway as I dared to decline his offer, the abuse and the threats started. 'who would want to buy that shitty car, I'll bang your missus, I'm going to rearrange your face and put you in hospital blah blah blah......'

He left his number through emails telling me to call when I'm ready to meet and sort it out like real men. 

Dam right I called him, when he realised how determined and serious I was with meeting him, he soon backed down, tried to be my friend and justify his vile comments. 

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Nice to see the usual red necks playing the race card...

In fairness it can be said every culture / colour has it's fair share of idiots. Had 3 tattooed plonks in their trackies, caps, and black shoe/trainers...from the the north come the other day, revving the shit out of a diesel... and haggling over £100.... the excuses they came out with were a joke.

Some Asians pay without a quibble some don't just like some whites and blacks...

Social integration classes are free :rolleyes:

Usual rednecks? Is that for daring to question your opinion?  Indeed every culture does but with Asians its the 99% that spoil it for 1%, I'm not racist I speak as i find

The absolute worst thing about all those customer though...

...when I don't have any!!!!!

58 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

Usual rednecks? Is that for daring to question your opinion?  Indeed every culture does but with Asians its the 99% that spoil it for 1%, I'm not racist I speak as i find

"Loyal" members on the forum point the obvious that I have just joined, but they forget people may browse and / or have more than one alias...

Well it seems like that with Asians because they are a minority compared to the whites. Just like how the polish are a minority to Asian...

"99%" is a pure and simple stereotype am afraid...shows there's a lot of narrow minded "dealers" (squealers) on here...

99% is 99 out of EVERY SINGLE 100 Asian.... this includes but not limited to; old, young, middle aged, teen, professional, athlete - that is a ridiculous statement to be honest. 

You know it's a 2 way street, and that's in life not just with trading but with anything, so if you're going to hold such views of "99%" then am afraid you deserve all the shite that comes through your door...

Case dismissed :lol:

Edited by Happy Gilmore

52 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

"Loyal" members on the forum point the obvious that I have just joined, but they forget people may browse and / or have more than one alias...

Well it seems like that with Asians because they are a minority compared to the whites. Just like how the polish are a minority to Asian...

"99%" is a pure and simple stereotype am afraid...shows there's a lot of narrow minded "dealers" (squealers) on here...

99% is 99 out of EVERY SINGLE 100 Asian.... this includes but not limited to; old, young, middle aged, teen, professional, athlete - that is a ridiculous statement to be honest. 

You know it's a 2 way street, and that's in life not just with trading but with anything, so if you're going to hold such views of "99%" then am afraid you deserve all the shite that comes through your door...

Case dismissed :lol:

you not got an airport run to do?

The really astute negotiators that want to know sod all about the car, and almost immediately open conversation with 'what's the lowest you'll take?' :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, andymc1973 said:

you not got an airport run to do?

Well there you. 

The old saying in getting a partner is "you end up with someone similar to you". Same can apply for cocky little traders that get the cocky customers. 

Karma eh? 

42 minutes ago, MattGM said:

The really astute negotiators that want to know sod all about the car, and almost immediately open conversation with 'what's the lowest you'll take?' :rolleyes:

Next time someone asks you that say "just a fiver mate".