Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

What really annoys you about customers ??

For all the above reasons, I only sell to customers who are polite and respectful irrespective of race. I'm not racist but I do find a lot of UK born Asians intrinsically disrespectful and obnoxious. I simply won't entertain any of the "last price" mob handed, speak in their own language, cannot read brigade if they aren't respectful. I treat people how they treat me, end of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XFS said:

I,m on drugs yes. Prescription ones. Never taken an illegal one in my life.

I can only speak as I find. My Asian customers tend to be in the 30 to 40 group (heading for middle age as I said)

last week I dealt with a father and son. The son was buying, the father was paying. Both were gentlemen. The chap I bought that particular car from was also an Asian around 35. His mother made me the best cup of tea I,ve ever had and fed me chocolate biscuits.

As I type this I,m on my way to the Midlands to buy a car from another Asian family and all the signs are that the car will be as described and the deal will be smooth.

I may be controversal here but I think I score with Asian people because I give the older ones who,s English is not great a bit of time and patience and try to understand them. Also, I think a lot of buyers (and sellers) immediately switch off and lose interest as soon as they hear an Asian voice on the line. A bit of respect goes a long way.

You right mate a bit of respect goes a long way treat everyone same

1 hour ago, andymc1973 said:

after dealing with punters for years and years I speak as i find, respect is never an issue with me, the fact is they want money off before, after and during the sale and then proceed not to buy is my problem, I assume you're of the same heritage? This may help you, I was talking to a sales manager in Toyota the other day, 40 years in the trade and he has just given up, they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

I just say this is the UK, we sell on quality. Explain Mr foreign customer would you buy the cheapest parachute ,Erm no !! So why would you want to risk the life of  you and your family in the cheapest car you can find. If you want cheap, that means YOU are cheap, if you want quality YOU are quality.  Huge difference !! Believe me, they have no answer to that :) ...............

Here here!

I'm unsure why a few unpleasant individuals feel they have the right to lie to me, insult my intelligence, misrepresent themselves by using English sounding names that I suspect aren't their names, sometimes attempt to disguise their accent (it soon slips upon hearing a few home truths), often claim to be private buyers but are in fact traders and generally behave in a manner that any decent human being would find reprehensible.

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Haha, I thought that. I couldn't believe what I was reading that I reread the original paragraph twice.

That's because the accent is usual accompanied by an offer so absurd it's verging on the offensive. However you definitely have a point because I certainly mentally switch-off the moment I hear their accent & just wait for the drivel to spew out of their mouths - which doesn't take long!

I believe respect goes a long way but you want to try telling them boys. A deal is never a deal with them, they'll turn up mob handed 3 hours late & expect to waste hours of your time insulting your intelligence constantly trying to chip away at the price.

I welcome anyone irrespective of ethnicity, religion, sexual persuasion, nationality & political beliefs but I can count on the fingers of one hand (actually only 40% of those fingers) that I've had an easy deal with Asian community - I've actually had more success selling to Nigerians living in London coming up to the grim north.

Don't waste your time with them. Tell them, you value your time above theirs and unless they they confirm they are a genuine buyers you won't appoint them :) Take control. If they won't to buy the car they will pay a nominal deposit to confirm intent, wasters won't pay a deposit. 

Edited by Arfur Dealy
  • Like 1

If anybody has no patience if customers wasting time shouldn't do this job if you dont like their voices tell him car is sold or you got deposit for the car 

Would you burn your blanket becouse it has a fly on it no good and bad in everything 

12 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

They won't pay a deposit 

You know what to do then dont you?

9 minutes ago, Muzo said:

Would you burn your blanket becouse it has a fly on it no good and bad in everything 

You know what to do then dont you?

I'm afraid you make absolutely no sense....

16 minutes ago, Muzo said:

If anybody has no patience if customers wasting time shouldn't do this job if you dont like their voices tell him car is sold or you got deposit for the car 

or buy a 320d at Manheim

• Like 1

1 minute ago, andymc1973 said:

or buy a 320d at Manheim

Its shame you couldn't find anything else 

4 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I'm afraid you make absolutely no sense....

What iam saying is they all not bad maybe some irritating ones but generally they are good people you have to give take mate

"What iam saying is they all not bad maybe some irritating ones but generally they are good people you have to give take mate"

I don't have to give or take, why should I ! This is the UK. A culture and democracy which should be respected by it's guests, we don't operate our economy on the basis of a street market in Pakistan (for example).  You simply don't appreciate how deeply offensive it is in our culture to be so offensive and rude. End of !
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

I assume you're of the same heritage? 

The same heritage as whom?

If you mean Asian, then no. Could not be more opposite. All my heritage is from in the U.K. Certainly for the last 300 years anyway. I have no idea prior to that, but Viking Or Pict would be my guess. 

3 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

"What iam saying is they all not bad maybe some irritating ones but generally they are good people you have to give take mate"

I don't have to give or take, why should I ! This is the UK. A culture and democracy which should be respected by it's guests, we don't operate our economy on the basis of a street market in Pakistan (for example).  You simply don't appreciate how deeply offensive it is in our culture to be so offensive and rude. End of !

Intended for MUZO

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Intended for MUZO

You read your history mate this people died for this country thousands of them indian and pakistan

Rude people are rude people. I don't put up with it, don't have the patience and never have and I,m not scared to tell them. I don,t deal with rude people whatever their race. There are plenty of rude native British people.

YOU are playing the RACE card, the discussion is about about cultural differences and the difficulties. You clearly don't understand the difference and are now specifically and TYPICALLY using the RACE card as a defence :)

4 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

YOU are playing the RACE card, the discussion is about about cultural differences and the difficulties. You clearly don't understand the difference and are now specifically and TYPICALLY using the RACE card as a defence :)

What race card did he use, or am I missing something? 

9 hours ago, Muzo said:

Its shame you couldn't find anything else 

What iam saying is they all not bad maybe some irritating ones but generally they are good people you have to give take mate

Yes it's the 99% who spoil it for for the 1%

Phone call Thursday evening from a friend who lives in Warwick. Son desperately needs a car. Low miles no older than 2008.

I have a 2008 3dr Astra sxi 43k miles, looks as fresh as the day it rolled out of Vauxhall. Pinged a few pics over and he said perfect we will Come on Saturday.

MOT was only till Sept so I tried too get an mot booked for Friday. My usual guy can't get me in and neither can my second choice.  So I have to take it to the last mot place I would ever want till use. Failum Fred.... You could take a 0 miles car to him and the shithouse will find some thing to fail it on.

Sure enough he failed it on a track rod end and a drop link... Wierd as it drove perfectly. Anyway sure enough he pulled my pants down for the jobs.. But im on a time schedule here so I grimace and just pay.

Sat morning i give the car a final polish for the wow factor as its a friends son whos having it.....

No show, No call, No reply to texts, Wont answer the phone.

Brilliant Thanks