Stephen

Something different

Just though be interesting to know what cars people actually drive as own car, maybe bit of a laugh who knows. 

I dont have a car I call my own a such.  I just use Mrs C's Merc 

I do have a Ducati 1199s for the rare occasion I get time to ride it

That's Ducati sounds like fun suprised you still have a license lol

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

That's Ducati sounds like fun suprised you still have a license lol

I do track days on it. So that takes away some on road temptation.

Which track? Did track days years ago with think it was 360 Ferrari Loved it, bikes however that's a bit scarier 

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Which track? Did track days years ago with think it was 360 Ferrari Loved it, bikes however that's a bit scarier 

I tend to do Euro track days. This year I have done Estoril and Portimao Previous years Brno, Jerez, Valencia  Done most of the UK tracks

Picture whoring alert

18951495_10156193045519112_3936179314798

18951347_10156193045419112_3228884090012

• Like 1

Love the 1199, not ideal for the road in the summer, boy do they kick off some heat.

It looks fantastic... just sold my 2016 GSXR 1000 to get this business started and am missing it already....

2 hours ago, Dlloyds said:

Love the 1199, not ideal for the road in the summer, boy do they kick off some heat.

It looks fantastic... just sold my 2016 GSXR 1000 to get this business started and am missing it already....

It does toast the testicles a bit. My bike is my escape, wouldn't be with out it.  

I bet, ha ha.... yes I sold mine to release some capital to start trading cars... hopefully i will make a success of it and i can get another one soon. 

I have had bikes since I was 12 years old and I am 49 so I am missing it a lot. still a great incentive to make it work. Ducati will be my next bike. Always had Jap sports bikes.

Rode a 996 when they first came out and tried to ride it like my ZX10R at the time, first bend, changed down a couple of gears as you would on a Jap 4 cylinder and locked the rear up.... not a great experience.

Just love the sound of them.....

I've got an R1 track bike, a Harley and a Ducati Multistrada 1200, oh and a Vespa 300 :D

Just got back from a trip down to Spain on the Harley. Love bikes!

Bloody bikes, I gave up on them about 15 years ago after a half-blind pensioner in a Porsche 911 pulled out in front of me. I got the old "Sorry, I didn't see you" line. That was enough for me.

14 hours ago, M.J said:

I've got an R1 track bike, a Harley and a Ducati Multistrada 1200, oh and a Vespa 300 :D

Just got back from a trip down to Spain on the Harley. Love bikes!

Nice selection there MJ... one for every occasion....if they were food you would be a greedy guts ha ha....

A 3 series BMW as the daily and hopefully a Renault 5 GT turbo for the weekend/project.

loved the Gt Turbo been looking for one of them or a 205 1.9 but prices are now ridiculous for a car that I just wanted to have a bit of fun

Thats the problem with working in the trade, im like a kid in a candy shop, i just can't say no

Currently own

Modified Proton Satria GTI, a standard Proton Satria GTI, a classic Saab 900 Turbo Convertible, Porsche 924, Porsche 944, 1978 Mini 1000, 1992 Mini Mayfair

Oh and a VW Golf :rolleyes:

Edited by CJ Underhill
alzheimer's

26 minutes ago, CJ Underhill said:

Thats the problem with working in the trade, im like a kid in a candy shop, i just can't say no

Currently own

Modified Proton Satria GTI, a standard Proton Satria GTI, a classic Saab 900 Turbo Convertible, Porsche 924, Porsche 944, 1978 Mini 1000, 1992 Mini Mayfair

Oh and a VW Golf :rolleyes:

That's an impressive list!

I can match you on the Saab front...

...oh and a Golf DSG as a daily, not quite at the classic Porsche lever yet!

Disco 3 TDV6 is the tow vehicle and the family wagon
Freelander 2 TD4 is the wife's weapon of choice and other family wagon

And the one I use most, a snotty old 05 plate Focus estate 2.0tdci with 240k miles on it that I swapped to the tune of £200 a year ago. If it ever needs more than a ton spending on it, I'll bin it, but it just gets me everywhere, all the time.

I sometimes use the stock on trade plates to run around in, largely to put some miles on them to get an idea of any underlying issues.

2 hours ago, tradex said:

Proton Satria Gti Silverstone here too....'n seven motorcycles, none of which get used. :P

...I've got a few keepers on the lot too, regrettably:D

hmmmm a silverstone edition? fancy part ex'ing it?;)

3 hours ago, tradex said:

Have you done Cadwell? It's on my to do list as everyone tells me it's the nuts, Brands and Snetterton thus far and loving Snetterton, all the corners seem to have twin or three apex's, hard to get a perfect lap in.

Track bike is a GSX-R600.....run quicker times on that than the gixser litres I've tracked, which I put down to carrying better corner speed and the litre being too much bike for me...;)

Two classic gixsers in the fold, trials bikes, and a Gasser EC-200

...and 7hp ride-on lawn mower.

Cadwell is a roller coaster, its one of my favorite tracks. If you ever get to do Portimao that is Cadwell on steriods, its very undulating with off camber unsighted rises and drops. Bloody menta

41 minutes ago, tradex said:

...had some lads down from Wales on a peachy 156 V6 and bid me good money for it too, they are the Welsh clubman rally car of choice so they tell me?

B)

Oooh Busso power! Was it the 2.5 or 3.0l?

Quite possibly the best engine Alfa have ever built!

On 20/07/2017 at 11:01 PM, MrC said:

18951495_10156193045519112_3936179314798

You want to slow down a bit mate before you fall off that thing!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tradex said:

...had some lads down from Wales on a peachy 156 V6 and bid me good money for it too, they are the Welsh clubman rally car of choice so they tell me?

B)

A lot of the GTI's have become rally cars. The silverstones as the name suggests were track cars used at Silverstone (could you tell?) Think the only difference was the red floor mats, silverstone plaque & badging, and a roll cage. Probably because of the roll cage they are more popular with the rally guys as the Harry Hockly ones cost a small fortune.

I get two responses to my GTI, either "i remember when these came out and always fancied one" or "is it some sort of Honda? Citroen?"

Are you on the owners club tradex? i feel i should know you haha. But if the time ever comes to sell.... you know where i am

ive got an astra van love it ideal for everything apart from, having more than one person in it lol