Sign in to follow this  
M.J

Corsa D won't go into reverse

Hi All,

Got a 2013 Vauxhall Corsa with 48k miles and won't engage reverse, well it will after around 5 mins of trying.

Has anybody had anything similar with one of these?

Spoke to a gearbox guy who reckons its the clutch but the clutch is not slipping in any gear and all the other 5 gears work perfectly, clutch pedal feels like its where it should be too.

Any ideas?

Internal fault with gearbox selector I expect, stick another box on it. Are the selector cables ok? 

Have you checked the linkage arms on top of the box, there plastic and sometimes slip or snap or even come lose

• Like 1

you buy the kit and fit it all as justina3 says:)

keep away from the gearbox guy sounds like he needs a holiday out of you:D

Second and thrid the above M.J.

The boxes in these and their linkages are archaic, they are essentially the same boxes with revisions as they fitted in the old Novas. They're not known for their issues internally, but the plastic linkage sections, as alreadfy mentioned ARE prone to failure.

Any decent sized local parts supplier should supply you with the replacement parts, or you can pick them up off ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Corsa-D-2007-2012-5-SPEED-MANUAL-Gearbox-Gear-Linkage-Assembly-/281169699320?epid=0&hash=item41770521f8:g:GNkAAOSwB-1YrVT0

Thanks guys! Will order the linkage kit

13 hours ago, s and b said:

you buy the kit and fit it all as justina3 says:)

keep away from the gearbox guy sounds like he needs a holiday out of you:D

Sounds like the usual type of gearbox guy. 

Only box's i have ever changed are fiat punto as they whine there brains out, and a mini which did collapse, that said i have lost count how many mini linkages i have cleaned up and changed bushes on where people have had four figure quotes on to replace the box and stole them at auction as everyone else started the whisper the box is shafted. 

Got to love the old block whispers