Sign in to follow this  
Tom

July sales 2017

I drive every p/x unless I've valued it at scrap money, even a £300 shitter cos if that has problems it then gets valued at scrap.

I find it depressing that punters blatantly lie about obvious problems;

"Oh, I didn't know my exhaust was blowing & the clutch seems ok"

"Sir, your backbox is hanging down loose & I could bare get your car back up the drive" 

If they're the sort who've misdescribed their p/x & are walking away I asked them "Would you expect me to lie to you regarding the car I'm selling?" Once I've forced an answer out of them I then ask "What would you think of me if I lied to you and why should I think any different of you?" The deal's dead at this point so I may as well get some enjoyment seeing them squirm - it's best when it's Mr & Mrs so I direct the questions to her and after she answers look at him.

It's nice to be nice to nice people but I don't seem to meet to many of them nowadays.

Edited by BHM

30 minutes ago, tradex said:

It's offical there is a God:)

.....Mr Cocky at 4pm rang to say he was 20 mins away armed with a card, and what was charge on his father in law's credit card, two problems with that.

1/ car is sold

2/ we don't do fraudulant transactions

bless

:lol:

Had a shit day, cheered me right up!

Megane Convertible gone today. Made up for the earlier tyre kicker.

Well after last weeks run of success its very quiet here, Really crap leads this week, had 6 declines and not a single approval. Lots of messers who don't pick up the phone or deny they even applied.

Got one customer from last week coming down tomorrow on a CLS OR Focus Zetec S, Cant see him driving away in the cls, not unless he can shit £1500 deposit :lol: to approve the finance company 

14 retail cars so far, bought loads doing alright, knackered though.

• Like 1

thats some going Rory, really bucking the trend.

I'm chuffed with 6 and two more appointments in the book...

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

14 retail cars so far, bought loads doing alright, knackered though.

AWESOME Rory , Well done :) ! #TwoADayKeepsRoryHappy 

Wow 16 @Rory RSC If we had done that here this month I would have employed my own Driver to take me to the bids

Parker I would call him.

1 today the cls man couldent afford the dreamboat so settled for a EOS TDI

49 minutes ago, betginge said:

Wow 16 @Rory RSC If we had done that here this month I would have employed my own Driver to take me to the bids

Parker I would call him.

1 today the cls man couldent afford the dreamboat so settled for a EOS TDI

lets hope for 6 months of dry weather then;)

Up until yesterday I sold ONE car this month, with 12 in stock, was starting to get a little concerned. Getting interest, just not getting many viewings, then yesterday I got shot of 2 more so atleast it's picked up. Got plenty done in the week which means all my remaining stock is sorted now. Going to make some headway to clearing a couple of the ones with no interest now, even if it means a bit of a loss. Got more of a feel for what's going quickly so going to focus more on getting some of them in.

Don't worry, it's dead. I'd wank myself off I was younger & could be bothered.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BHM said:

:lol:

34 minutes ago, BHM said:

Maybe too much info.....

After further thought, if is seals a deal.....

Had a great start to July. I only Stock 12/15 Cars and got 8 Retail on the board and some nice profits too. But last time a was sat here rosy cheeked and chuffed with myself I didn't do a deal for 10 days. So i'm telling myself its not good enough and I must do more! 

1 hour ago, Mat C said:

Had a great start to July. I only Stock 12/15 Cars and got 8 Retail on the board and some nice profits too. But last time a was sat here rosy cheeked and chuffed with myself I didn't do a deal for 10 days. So i'm telling myself its not good enough and I must do more! 

We get off to a flyer and then it drys up a lot of the time its never consistent is it mate.

On 06/07/2017 at 8:05 PM, BHM said:

I drive every p/x unless I've valued it at scrap money, even a £300 shitter cos if that has problems it then gets valued at scrap.

I find it depressing that punters blatantly lie about obvious problems;

"Oh, I didn't know my exhaust was blowing & the clutch seems ok"

"Sir, your backbox is hanging down loose & I could bare get your car back up the drive" 

If they're the sort who've misdescribed their p/x & are walking away I asked them "Would you expect me to lie to you regarding the car I'm selling?" Once I've forced an answer out of them I then ask "What would you think of me if I lied to you and why should I think any different of you?" The deal's dead at this point so I may as well get some enjoyment seeing them squirm - it's best when it's Mr & Mrs so I direct the questions to her and after she answers look at him.

It's nice to be nice to nice people but I don't seem to meet to many of them nowadays.

I'd love to be a fly on your wall. 

Nothing over the weekend. Two today so far and a nice guy come back with his gf for a second test drive on a 07 A4 Avant with the trusty 1.9 tdi.

I wish I had some stock to sell! :blink:

Did one yesterday, but I'm down to the bare bones, and finding it hard to get the right stock......

I mean, harder than normal...

7 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

We get off to a flyer and then it drys up a lot of the time its never consistent is it mate.

I call it 3rd week syndrome.

Week 1 busy buying, prepping and have a good weekend.

Week 2 have a good week and then got no stock.

Week 3 dies a death and everything seems so expensive to buy or needs £££ prep and takes ages to get forecourt ready, have a wobble, everyone gets paid on the 25th and lo and behold have a great week 4 weekend and then start all over again.

It was the same when working for PLC too. I tend to be much steadier these days but its getting the cash in the bank that's killing me at the mo, got £££ sat there waiting for delivery for a few days, then gotta wait for the £££ to hit the bank before can invest again and move on. Thank the lord for short term loans I say!

Having an average month so far with seven gone.

We're expanding to a second site come the start of August and were a bit panicky over stock levels after June but managed to get 15 bought and prepped last week which was a relief.

1 hour ago, grant8064 said:

Having an average month so far with seven gone.

We're expanding to a second site come the start of August and were a bit panicky over stock levels after June but managed to get 15 bought and prepped last week which was a relief.

Good luck with the second site, hope it works out for you. Is it nearby to where you are now? Are you running out of space currently, or looking at stocking a slightly different type of vehicle?

Just now, Ocsltd said:

Good luck with the second site, hope it works out for you. Is it nearby to where you are now? Are you running out of space currently, or looking at stocking a slightly different type of vehicle?

Sorry if that sounds nosey, just genuinely intrigued....

No problem being nosey OCS!

We're always full at the current site averaging 45 vehicles in stock. The new site will hold 60 and is 3 minutes down the road which is a big factor in deciding to take it on. It's been our only real competitor for normal family bread and butter stock within 15 miles but they're at retirement age so we figured taking it on would stop someone else coming in and making our lives more difficult.

Also given that we're in the South East, sooner or later, one of the two sites will be developed into flats most likely so it gives us a bit of land security for now

• Like 1

Just now, grant8064 said:

We're always full at the current site averaging 45 vehicles in stock. The new site will hold 60 and is 3 minutes down the road which is a big factor in deciding to take it on. It's been our only real competitor for normal family bread and butter stock within 15 miles but they're at retirement age so we figured taking it on would stop someone else coming in and making our lives more difficult.

Also given that we're in the South East, sooner or later, one of the two sites will be developed into flats most likely so it gives us a bit of land security for now

all the best:)

23 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

All the best with it, hope you own a decent pair of running shoes?! :P

09 Mondeo TDCI out the door today, we got £500 less than we wanted but still a reasonable deal

Finance companies seemed to have settled down a little over the last few weeks but still turning down deals that would of gone through 12 months ago.