Sign in to follow this  
Tom

July sales 2017

Abysmal day. two viewings booked, one showed, the other in dreamland over what he deems sensible offers, miles apart and wasn't happening. Shame, because June was a largely positive month.

Work I could be getting on with on some other stock but I can't be arsed now, so locked up and buggered off.

Well today has been pretty crazy!! Not known it like this on a Saturday for quite a while...!!

Ended up on 2 for the day, so a good solid start to the month. Got one on the hook who wanted to leave a holding deposit, but I declined.

4 tyre kickers all on the same p/x all trying to chip me on the price, but as I'm stubborn, I haven't sold it......

Roll on 4 o'clock, I might go and have a little lie down. :blink:

Sweet f.a. here. Two arsehole emailers & two dreamers on the phone. At least I've got some new stock washed, photo'd & advertised.

Saturdays are a quiet day for us usually and today was no different. Had a few potentials for next week.

One funny one though...nice 2.4 family. Been looking at our 60 plate Astra online, 1.6 Petrol, Manual, Top Spec, Black, FMDSH, 31k, 2 local private owners, MOT yesterday with no advisories, £500 less than everyone else's that also have more miles. Basically the perfect Astra (jokes aside it really is to those that deal in bread and butter).

They want a 5 door, under 45k, must have good history and mustn't have been ex lease. Oh and they have been looking all week and in a 25 mile radius ours is the only one. Oh and that 12 months RAC roadside assistance...hmmmm that's a nice surprise. What you'll take our chopper too for more than the scrappy offered? And you're happy to test drive immediately? And yes, it is a minter and ticks all of our boxes and more. 

...well we'll have to think about it and let you know next week.

...I am on my hands an knees praying someone else buys it so I can give the news on Tuesday when they wake up. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, grant8064 said:

...I am on my hands an knees praying someone else buys it so I can give the news on Tuesday when they wake up. 

:D Probably the usual greedy weekend tyre-kicking arseholes who always think there's a better deal out there.

17 hours ago, grant8064 said:

just had the same myself, broke the golden rule [sunday!) and gone in to " such a sweet sounding person " 

i shall put a prayer in for you if you put one  in for me :lol:

does anyone else put "no offers" and wonder if pople can't read?

• Like 1

I put "no text messages" and the midnight text crowd obviously don't understand. I answered a text on Wednesday as I was quiet. A big talker who eventually phoned - he's been coming for over half a week. He lives 300 yds away. What a fucking prick. I won't be answering any more texts!

my phone number is a landline and they still think its ok to call after 10pm, i try not to let my mobile number out as the number of adults who prefer to text is frightening, whilst im on the subject the new one seems who be "and whats your best price on that car" as  the listed price has no relevance, theafter 10pm brigade usually struggle with their English

i do this the other way round

i put my business landline number first but only answer it maybe twice a year ( i call it my carlsberg line where i blow the dust off the handpiece before answering

anyone remotely interested in one of my cars always rings next on one of the mobile numbers

works a treat i find

plus it means my poor internut is usually good so i dont get the stutter rap as i try to bid online

only kids txt so i guage what they txt uning 4or and ether rply or pignore

Landline number diverting to mobile, keeps the stupid texts to a minimum.

3 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

does anyone else put "no offers" and wonder if pople can't read?

They dont get that far down in the ad, there eyes glaze over, some dribble comes from the corner of the mouth, they brush the fag ash off thats just dropped on there trackie bottoms and shout for waynetta to giz phone   

:lol:

whos pople anyway :unsure:

Edited by have a word with the wife
  • Like 1

I had a Facebook message late one night last week asking for my number. I gave my number and said call I the morning... 30 seconds later he's bloody ringing me! 

Its a spares or repairs Golf im selling. It clearly states its fault in capitals.

One of his first questions after I mentioned to call in the morning.... Is there anything wrong with the car?

I rather abruptly asked if he had read the advert. The answer was no! He saw a picture of a lovely looking Golf at a bargain price. His peanut brain saw no more.

The majority do not read the advert - all they see are the photos & the price.

Rather oddly though (for people who can't be bothered to read an advert that's there for their benefit) many of them find time to check the MOT history & start quoting advisories from 2 years ago. I guess it's the smart-arse thicko element trying catch out the nasty car dealer. 

I got a Facebook message this morning when I logged in... :rolleyes:

Them:

''I'm interested in this item. Please can you give discount?'' left at 00.39 this morning.

My reply:

'' I'm sure we could work something out. When would you like to view the car?''

Them:

I'm in Liverpool L32 0XB

My reply:

''Is that some sort of 'princess' way of asking me to bring the car to you?''

Funnily enough the conversation ended... :lol:

5 hours ago, BHM said:

The majority do not read the advert - all they see are the photos & the price.

Rather oddly though (for people who can't be bothered to read an advert that's there for their benefit) many of them find time to check the MOT history & start quoting advisories from 2 years ago. I guess it's the smart-arse thicko element trying catch out the nasty car dealer. 

This is so true!

Had a guy today come and look at a cheap p/ex today, looked inside and exclaimed at his wife that it had done 150k miles, not 140k miles like he thought. I had to explain that it did CLEARLY state 149,000 miles in the advert. His reply, Oh perhaps I read it without my glasses....... :rolleyes:

Haha, like 149K is drastically worse than the 140K he allegedly thought it was. 6% in a sensible man's book, doubtlessly 500% to that man.

On 02/07/2017 at 5:01 PM, have a word with the wife said:

just had the same myself, broke the golden rule [sunday!) and gone in to " such a sweet sounding person " 

i shall put a prayer in for you if you put one  in for me :lol:

Well mine never showed but I hope yours did. 

Sold nothing so far and seen nobody for two days...just as well really because I'm super low on stock

Been quite, but that said I am low on stock. Had a tyre kicker yesterday for a Megane Convertible.

Really need to buy some properly priced stock. Its silly season at BCA Preston, not sure why they dont put up bunting and balloons as prices are retail. 

ultra low on stock here but as always i would rather have a wedge of wodge than a building full of overpriced stodge

so im cool relaxed and thinking it will soon be summer:D

• Like 2

When the prices are like this I let the others buy then they drop down silly in a few weeks when they're all sat on crap.

Done two so far this week. Phones aren't ringing but there's nothing to buy, so no surprise.

11 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

When the prices are like this I let the others buy then they drop down silly in a few weeks when they're all sat on crap.

Snap. It's hard enough selling nowadays without buying overpriced stock - adding £3-500 to my prices certainly won't help my sales figures.

We've scraped our way to 4 so far but it's slim pickings. 

Also finding it hard to buy anything. 

Had to turn down a couple of part exs as well due to crunching gearboxes, good job I drove them.