Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

Covered trailer recommendations please?

I've just sold an SLK to a chap who wants it delivered in a covered car trailer / transporter.

Can anyone on here recommend someone reliable and trust worthy? The customer is paying, just want to make sure it gets there in one piece! :D

Must be an enclosed trailer / transporter. I'm based just north of Peterborough, the car is going to Rotherham if that helps?

Any suggestions / recommendations would be much appreciated...!

Many thanks

1 minute ago, tradex said:

Aren't CARS near you? Classic Automotive Relocation....in Norfolky, Suffolky way, not a million miles away.

Ahh, here ya go, Sudbury....could be worse.

http://www.carseurope.net/

I've seen their trucks, certainly look the part.

Could be pricy but if you don't ask you never know?

Thanks for that, I'll give them a shout....

Just looked at their website, think they might be a bit high end for my modest little SLK... :D

6 minutes ago, tradex said:

But they could fill a truck if they have a spare space, you never know, chime back with the cost.

PS:- I have never had a customer accept a delivery quote yet, they seem to think a car going from Hastings to Wales should be £50....not £400:D

Ha yeah I know, I did warn him it would be expensive. But as he got upset that the road was muddy on the test drive, I think he may be happy to spend the money! :blink:

5 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

Ha yeah I know, I did warn him it would be expensive. But as he got upset that the road was muddy on the test drive, I think he may be happy to spend the money! :blink:

He'd be the first man that is. Normally a quote soon shuts them up.

36 minutes ago, BHM said:

He'd be the first man that is. Normally a quote soon shuts them up.

He might change his mind when I tell him it's £450 + vat.....

2 hours ago, tradex said:

sounds about right to me, was that CARS?

Yeah

For about £4.50 per mile plus VAT it wants to be a premium service!

15 minutes ago, tradex said:

Well, just goes to show, I would say that just loaded on a flatbed wouldn't be far short of that price with no return fayre....and these guys have full insurance, transport 7 figure cars for a living.

......and one would like to think that the driver wouldn't have an Alsation on the passenger seat for company, a beer gut bigger than a pro-darts player gut, 'n a threadbare string vest or 'wife beater' for afteralls.... just guessing about those bits though;)

That SLK would look the dogs driving down the ramp of a CARS transporter.B)

:lol: Well as he's paying, he can have it delivered on a magic carpet for all I care. :D