I have been battling auto traders belligerent team for weeks, telling them that sponsored adverts are killing my response from my dealer portal. there response was simple, it is your stock etc, even managed to sign me up to a higher level package, still no more phone calls, my cars that used to sit on page 1/2 are kicked to page 8/9.

I finally bit the bullet and gave my notice for cancellation, will use my 4k a month from this saving and use alternative methods, I know that they are a premium site but this is going too far,they want me to pay extra 3k for sponsored adverts, I already pay them more then I pay my landlord. I hope that a few more traders join me and give notice for cancellation. Let them make a business decision, do they want big boys (car super markets and main dealers) only or bulk of there trade small to medium dealers

• Like 2

Well done you! We packed them in more than 4 years ago!

The grass is really greener on the other side! 

Trust me!

Have you registered for this yet? Click and join dot co dot uk ?

no back links allowed on this forum! 

If I'd of phoned-up to complain they certainly wouldn't of managed to get me signing up for more money!

Glad you've seen the light, welcome on board!

The less choice of cars they have on there the more users will look elsewhere for what they want - well done!

I'd rather set fire to my hair and put it out with a spade than use Autotrader. 

• Like 1

i click on autorobber daily to despair how they killed the golden egg

but hey ho

im off their drugs

so yar boo sucks too:lol:

11 minutes ago, MrC said:

I'd rather set fire to my hair and put it out with a spade than use Autotrader. 

:D

to quote AT " Sponsored listing will not have affected my cars

Did a test on one of own cars a few weeks ago - ' price order page 6 ' ' not to change the setting do it like a consumer ( who doesn't realise they are sponsored !) page 19 ! 

Says it all ....

10 hours ago, s and b said:

i click on autorobber daily to despair how they killed the golden egg

Sorry.

The OCD pedantry gene has kicked in....

.....your analogy was great in every respect except the detail. It's the goose that laid the golden eggs that was killed.

Aesop's Fables no 87.

And don't get me started on the mindblowingly annoying 'of/have' thing.

Many of us are happily earning a nice living without worrying about how we can make enough to pay AT bills, it amazes me how people moan about feeding the monster but do nothing about it, after what they have done in the past and with the default search I don't know how any independent trader could ever trust them again, they will shit on you and tell you the aroma is part of a new package that makes your stock irresistible to customers and charge you an extra 50% for the privilege, in the future I see Autotrader as a site for supermarkets and franchised dealers after they have bled the rest dry. 

39 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

Many of us are happily earning a nice living without worrying about how we can make enough to pay AT bills, it amazes me how people moan about feeding the monster but do nothing about it, after what they have done in the past and with the default search I don't know how any independent trader could ever trust them again, they will shit on you and tell you the aroma is part of a new package that makes your stock irresistible to customers and charge you an extra 50% for the privilege, in the future I see Autotrader as a site for supermarkets and franchised dealers after they have bled the rest dry. 

Like.

..and probably not that far in the future, either. It does seem like lines are being drawn, loins being girded and muskets primed. The status quo cannot be maintained, so something has to happen.

Could be an interesting few months.