Sign in to follow this  
sparky

Parking charge advice required

Car that was registered to my business was sold through copart Sep 2016. They had the V5 and it was yellow slipped. Dec 2016 three parking fines come through to me as for whatever reason the car is still registered to me. Copart have given out the V5 whilst DVLA have obviosly lost the yellow slip. That has now been rectified but not retrospectively so I'd still be showing us as the registered keeper at the time of the offences. I do have proof however that the vehicle was sold through copart so therefore was not the legal owner of the car at the time of the offence.

The parking firm and subsequent debt collection agency are not playing ball so any advice on where I stand would be much appreciated before I appear on 'Can't pay, we'll take it away'.

Diolch.

i cant advise re the charges other than get legal advice

but so you dont get caught again never let a third party promise to do your paperwork

use this link in future for all sales to trade/ breaker/ banks of mum and dad etc

https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle/y

i gave a scrapper to a trader the other week as he wanted to fill it with various scrap before he weighed it in but the car wasnt going to a place where they electronically advise dvla the cars been crushed so i found out the scrap metal dealer he was going to and filled in their details,3 days later i got the thanks for letting us know letter from the dvla

this job is paperwork paperwork paperwork

Probably find the parking firm and subsequent debt collection agency are one of the same company.just name changes / address  to insert fear, before going further with legal action they usually reconnect with dvla to confirm theyre right, and you say this has been rectified but not retrospectively [which is confusing] i wouldnt worry too much, youve got the paperwork of day of sale, its highly unlikely they would take it  to court on dvla details only, when you've got proper date of sale paperwork in your possesion, i hate these people, they're paperwork is so intimidating, its the dvla youve to watch, very hard to object to them when they fine you. 

I had a problem a while ago with a pcn from Dartford Crossing, in the end a signed affidavit was required. I understand that when there is no current keeper they just work there way through contacting previous keepers until someone bites. Being a motor trader doesn't help, "everyone" is a trader when there's a fine to dodge?

20 hours ago, Phil H said:

what's the parking company called who issued the tickets?

UK parking control Phil. I've just written back to them, basically telling them to **** off.

55 minutes ago, sparky said:

UK parking control Phil. I've just written back to them, basically telling them to **** off.

Ok I'll have a word with my sister as the company who she works for operates one of these type of car parking companies and I'll seek her advice for you. 

9 minutes ago, Phil H said:

Ok I'll have a word with my sister as the company who she works for operates one of these type of car parking companies and I'll seek her advice for you. 

Cheers mate.

send them a copy of your sales invoice proving you sold it copart, if you haven't already, this then transfers the liability to copart, Also inform them that if they contact you again with regards to this matter then they will be liable to a fee of £150 plus vat for each letter that you have to send to them from this point on, you'll never hear from them again.

5 minutes ago, Phil H said:

send them a copy of your sales invoice proving you sold it copart, if you haven't already, this then transfers the liability to copart, Also inform them that if they contact you again with regards to this matter then they will be liable to a fee of £150 plus vat for each letter that you have to send to them from this point on, you'll never hear from them again.

This.