Sign in to follow this  
Max Branning

Most money found

What is the most cash you have found in a car?

Just finished valeting one myself and found £6.40 and 3 euros under the drivers seat

Right cheered me up that has :)

We have a jar that we stick any change in that we find in cars. I just took it to the post office the other day as it was full after a year trading - £84 in total so i treated the mrs to a nice steak dinner ( all heart me ) I even managed to stretch to a 2nd glass of pinot for her.... Winner.

However around £20 of that was from an Audi A4, all in 2ps, the most disgusting heap of a car I have ever cleaned, however the tip made it a little more bearable...

I took a S6 in as PX, it sold within 48h, got a call the next day from the buyer saying had I left anything in the car, I said no... He then said he found a breitling watch wrapped is a sock under the rear seat worth about 5k ! I rang the guy who PX it, he also knew nothing about it 

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I took a S6 in as PX, it sold within 48h, got a call the next day from the buyer saying had I left anything in the car, I said no... He then said he found a breitling watch wrapped is a sock under the rear seat worth about 5k ! I rang the guy who PX it, he also knew nothing about it 

Not a Chinese Breitling by any chance ?

I think the most I've found in a car, is about £6 all down by the drivers seat rail.

Funny this should come up, day before yesterday, jumped in one of the cars in the corner of the pitch, and found a £20 note sitting on the floor!

6 minutes ago, tradex said:

Sit in it tomorrow, you may find an 'ifty:)

To be fair, it was sitting on the floor of the pitch, not the car, does that still count?! :D

Many moons ago I swapped a VR6 for a 328 Coupe. I got about 5 miles from the guys house and spotted a envelope in the passenger door pocket. £1500 in cash.  I rang him and asked if he was missing anything.. Took him a while but turns out it was money for a Holiday 

• Like 1

I've a charity pot going for the change, usually end up with around £50 a year in it.

When i used to work for the inspection compaines, the guys were making a killing. The BMWs were the best. First job was to slide the seats forward and back half a dozen times. The guys would get a few quid out of them, Sat Navs, Cameras, Phones etc its mad the stuff people leave in their leased cars

The main question is tho....

Whats the best CD you've won from a car?

Ha. my first (and only so far) part ex was a Renault Laguna in chop for a Discovery. Gave it a good clean out in prep for going on the bay to clear, found no money, but did find a pair of knickers in the back of the driver's seat door pocket.

Best part of it is, they guy who swapped it in had to be in his 60s, or not far off. G'won lad.

• Like 1

Don't find anything in our part exchanges money wise, when dealing with sub prime the only thing i find is court summons and used scratch cards. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, betginge said:

Don't find anything in our part exchanges money wise, when dealing with sub prime the only thing i find is court summons and used scratch cards. 

and macy d wrappers and empty cups

I found £2.20 in an 07 X-Trail the other day. It made a modest contribution towards the four brake discs & pads, drop links, suspension bushes, oil, filters, MOT & valet the car required.

And customers think the cars come prepped & ready for sale and I'm just sat on my arse making thousands per car! :wacko:

im watching totps on tv and rod stewart is mentioning switch blade knives,i once found one of them under the back seat of an ex plod i bought

often wonder if it had been used

i put it straight in the bin

this was in a chevette so dna was a distant dream

1 hour ago, s and b said:

this was in a chevette so dna was a distant dream

Ahh, the Chevette. My first ever car. That never suffered from problems such as gummed-up injectors, turbo failure, rattling dual mass flywheel, haywire ecu, central locking gremlins, missing 5th gear (thanks Saab for that one recently), whining gearbox, frayed electric windows wires, cambelt tensioner failure or a weak diesel pump. 

Mind you, the points needed adjusting once a month.

Found a small bag of skunk in a PX years back , I took it home and got the Mrs stoned, then ate Caramacs  and crisps and drank lemonade all night .

• Like 1

ive just found a load of old coins in a tin by the spare wheel well, excited by this, and the fact that some date back to 1936, ive just  spent a hour googling the value B)

naff all :lol: