Sign in to follow this  
Jon

Mazda CX-5 dpf inspection

Hi recently bought a Mazda CX-5 2013 which has started showing the dpf inspection warning light on the dash.

Has anyone come across this problem before ?  If so how did you fix it .

Any advice greatly appreciated.

cheers.

Plug it in first - it could be a variety of problems (split pipe, regent needed) although with them Mazdas I'd fear the worst if it's got a few miles on it.

A similar repeat of the problems they had with the 6 diesel. Good luck!

I know on the mazda 6 the dpf light is also the service indicator light,  dpf regen light and the timing chain stretch sensor. 

my advise is get someone to look at it who has worked on mazdas before take it to the agent and pay the plug in fee. 

The last one I had in we did a regen thinking it was the issue, it was not. We then did some reasearch and found the issue was the condition on the oil. A simple oil change and reset which is manually done under the bonnet with a piece of wire to the body and one of the relays turned off the light 

Can recommend AS Cars Cheshire for all Mazda related work. Brilliant bunch of guys and helped us out with many problematic diesel Mazdas. Having said that, we don't touch the things anymore. 

Cheers for the info , going to take it for diagnostics hoping it's something simple as it's a really nice thing apart from that.

its a one owner full history car with 40k , just hoping it doesn't need a new filter.