Mat C

Audi A5 Convertible

Hiya, 

I'm a Mini /Lexus man, know not a great deal about these and my Mrs has ' all of a sudden ' decided she wants one. Anyone got one kicking about trade for sub £10k, nice miles good colour all the spec.... i've got champagne taste and beer money!! 

If not anything to watch out for??

Not fussed about petrol or diesel, preferably an Auto but not a game changer, S-Line spec too.

Just a thought before I line BCA's pockets!

Thanks

Mat

Mrs C is sniffing for an A5 cab with the same budget as you. Id be interested to her what you manage to get

Avoid the TFSi engine's pre 2013! 

Ended up with a Silver 2.0 TFSi ( oh dear) Manual S-Line

Everything's been silly money since the sun came out so £1k into Cap, but clean car 72k on a 59 Plate S-Line for £9k 

SHould get it tomorrow all the way from sunny Kinross.

I'll let you know what its like.

Kinross !   Online  ! Not leasing Co Direct. !................Very Brave. -   Good Luck.  !!!

Just budget for the £500 oil pump drive assembly at 90K and you'll be fine. That's assuming it's not already burning oil cos of worn pistons.

Fine German engineering. Lovely car, just a shame they didn't stick Honda engines in them.

11 minutes ago, BHM said:

Just budget for the £500 oil pump drive assembly at 90K and you'll be fine. That's assuming it's not already burning oil cos of worn pistons.

Fine German engineering. Lovely car, just a shame they didn't stick Honda engines in them.

And if it's coming from Kinross, you may as well order all round discs and pads for it now. Sorry Mat :)

Ha Ha, 

I buy quite a few cars from Kinross. Always assured BCA so i'm covered for the big stuff. Usually every car comes like its been driven through a field. I've got some prep budget left though. But thanks for scaring me fella's!! :D

21 minutes ago, Mat C said:

Ha Ha, 

I buy quite a few cars from Kinross. Always assured BCA so i'm covered for the big stuff. Usually every car comes like its been driven through a field. I've got some prep budget left though. But thanks for scaring me fella's!! :D

I used to buy loads from there when it was SMA. Whilst IMO they are still cheaper up there, they are not as cheap as they used to be and need to be by the time you factor in prep and transport. To be fair, they are a good bunch up there. More importantly, you have kept the missus happy. Mine asked for a Mini and ended up with some garden furniture. No early night for me! :)

Kinross are fine bought loads out of there and one of the most helpful and decent auction centres in the UK in my experience. A lot of time for the good staff there.

1 minute ago, sparky said:

I used to buy loads from there when it was SMA. Whilst IMO they are still cheaper up there, they are not as cheap as they used to be and need to be by the time you factor in prep and transport. To be fair, they are a good bunch up there. More importantly, you have kept the missus happy. Mine asked for a Mini and ended up with some garden furniture. No early night for me! :)

You should have said.... I could have got you some lovin......:D

get a room! football season starts soon so all good will gets used up then

While you're within the assured period i would strongly advise you drive at least 500 miles so you can find out if its burning too much oil or not.  

4 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Kinross are fine bought loads out of there and one of the most helpful and decent auction centres in the UK in my experience. A lot of time for the good staff there.

Yes totally agree,lovely people (mind this was a good while ago ),only ever went twice,after that just used to leave bids with (from memory Joyce) although never met her.I would ring the next day to see how we got on,she often would say,yes you bought a few,they will be with you shortly.We sometimes got them before we paid. !

wrong fred fred:huh:

Edited by s and b
deleted due to me being an idiot

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

Yes totally agree,lovely people (mind this was a good while ago ),only ever went twice,after that just used to leave bids with (from memory Joyce) although never met her.I would ring the next day to see how we got on,she often would say,yes you bought a few,they will be with you shortly.We sometimes got them before we paid. !

Yep. I also had stuff released without paying for them. A bit of good old fashioned trust. Compare that to other to Belle Vue for example who I buy a few from who wouldn't release a car this week that had been paid until the £10 late storage fee had been paid. 

Thanks Mat, I''ll bare that in mind :)