Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

Forum

Seems to be quite a bit of arguing type posts on here of late with some really childish stuff going on.

I like this board, I have learned loads, contributed and helped lots of others wanting nothing in return and actually made some good contacts who I have met off the board , or speak to regularly who I would class as friends. 

Some people :blink: consider the motor trade stressful and its really nice to be able to chat and keep it light hearted with other dealers and share the highs and lows or ask for advice. Lets keep it friendly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Seems to be quite a bit of arguing type posts on here of late with some really childish stuff going on.

I like this board, I have learned loads, contributed and helped lots of others wanting nothing in return and actually made some good contacts who I have met off the board , or speak to regularly who I would class as friends. 

Some people :blink: consider the motor trade stressful and its really nice to be able to chat and keep it light hearted with other dealers and share the highs and lows or ask for advice. Lets keep it friendly.

Hear hear! 

I think Caleb should have been kicked off for some of the comments he made on the car broker thread, maybe others thought I should have been though!

Well said Rory,

As long as it does not turn into mums net this forum, that site is one bitch fest, Caleb is a member am sure.

• Like 1

Its quite common as any forum grows, new people come on board some nice some not so nice.

Its also hard to tell if someone is being serious or having a laugh these days thank god for smiley faces 

Nice in theory however debate will inevitably lead to differences of opinion - how those differences are expressed may be the issue. Unfortunately the world isn't all soft & fluffy and full of niceness. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Frankieola said:

I think Caleb should have been kicked off for some of the comments he made on the car broker thread, maybe others thought I should have been though!

In his defence he asked for some advice and was shot down by everyone. With a lot of insults thrown at him. If you read through the thread from the beginning you will see he was actually polite until he had nasty remarks thrown at him.

The way i see it is if someone asks for advice (no matter how silly) either you can help them or you cant...if you cant then just dont post....simple.

• Like 2

I try to ignore threads that are obviously started by people with too much time on their hands and bored so my hands are clean:P

Its silly season too from june right through till september too so sit back enjoy the ride because it is a ride................

nurse........................................................................

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Max Branning said:

In his defence he asked for some advice and was shot down by everyone. With a lot of insults thrown at him. If you read through the thread from the beginning you will see he was actually polite until he had nasty remarks thrown at him.

The way i see it is if someone asks for advice (no matter how silly) either you can help them or you cant...if you cant then just dont post....simple.

Well said.

Great Forum , Well said Rory, we're all learning everyday ... regardless of how much grey hairs we all have ( Of course speaking for myself !

newbies are fine if they have their eyes wide open, idiots asking things like what's the best car to buy... honestly??? however, tbh i would have thought the private lounge would be a more logical place to 'hang out' at least if a numpty arrives in their they have got their hands dirty just a little bit? happy to give any one a hand up, we all had it somewhere along the line, but this industry is riddled with wannabe's...

Funnily enough on a test drive today a customer asked me how long I'd been in the game. To cut to the chase it was because, as he put it, "everyone's having a go at it, you see various cars outside the same houses". 

"Too true" I answered, "However how many are getting them mechanically right & safe with a GENUINE new MOT?"

He must of agreed as he bought. Although the shitty Peugeot 307 he'd bought 3 months ago & then the Focus 1.6 diesel (!!!!!) he replaced it with 2 months ago that has subsequently eaten 2 turbos helped me somewhat!

I love them Gumtree/roadside traders, once a punter's had a taste of their cars they usually stump up the readies.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:56 AM, Rory RSC said:

I saw the thread and stayed away for those very reasons...

There's enough 'sheet' going on in the world as it is, so let's keep this place our little escape from the nutters where we can share, help, support and take the pee (in the best possible taste of course :P ) out of each other.

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

I saw the thread and stayed away for those very reasons...

There's enough 'sheet' going on in the world as it is, so let's keep this place our little escape from the nutters where we can share, help, support and take the pee (in the best possible taste of course :P ) out of each other.

im sorry but i take offence

and the gate

and do you have any potatoes:lol:

I've learnt loads from here and had some great advice. Nothing better than free advice!!!

4 hours ago, s and b said:

im sorry but i take offence

and the gate

and do you have any potatoes:lol:

Quite possibly growing under some of my stock! :P

16 hours ago, tradex said:

I've got mushrooms under a Xsara. Niether the car or the fungi are magic

Now that makes more sense.... After all mushrooms like to be fed Shit(tron) and kept in the dark! :lol::lol:

Mentioned this before but perhaps the forum needs a "so you want to be a car dealer" type sticky. That way people can be signposted to the basics. I suspect the 'issue' could be that some members sell a product like this in installments in a "trade along with tony" type thing like you used to find in the classifieds?