Sign in to follow this  
Mojo121

Things must be bad...

The world is pretty depressing sometimes and never more depressing than when you have a £995 part-ex Jaguar to sell and you get messages like this:

Hi, I like the look of the x type you've got advertised. I have a 2003 Astra, full MOT and under 100000 miles in good condition. Would you take as part exchange? Secondly do you do any finance for the difference? I don't have sufficient on my cards to cover. 

Thanks
Nigel

50 points for the person who first guesses which platform it came through :rolleyes:

Tell him you do, in house finance it at £100pw for 52 weeks with a £500 deposit and watch him make a big Nigel shaped hole through the proverbial wall!

only interested if it's got full jaguar service history and you give me the px price that auto trader says that my cars worth, regardless of them saying that yours is priced low.

auto trader 

• Like 1

I know its cheap but as long as it lasts me 12 months with no problems at all or me having to spend any money on it at all I will be happy.

• Like 1

I just need a cheap runaround for a few weeks. I'll give you £995 if you promise to buy it back off me for £950 in 6-8 weeks time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

Egay?

We have a winner.

Some of these responses are cracking me up :lol:

I am currently in a text message conversation with a chap over one of our p/xs this has been going on for several days now. Basically got it on the bay at £795 and he has offered me £500 as that is all he has got. I told him i can do it for £650 to clear it and that is it....but...he only has £500 and has told me this now around 5 or 6 times and i have told him 5 or 6 times it needs to be £650.

I am all for helping people out where i can but some people just do not get it do they ?

21 minutes ago, Max Branning said:

I am currently in a text message conversation with a chap over one of our p/xs this has been going on for several days now. Basically got it on the bay at £795 and he has offered me £500 as that is all he has got. I told him i can do it for £650 to clear it and that is it....but...he only has £500 and has told me this now around 5 or 6 times and i have told him 5 or 6 times it needs to be £650.

I am all for helping people out where i can but some people just do not get it do they ?

I'd message him back, and say, if he's only got £500, he's looking at the wrong car!!!

1 hour ago, Ocsltd said:

I'd message him back, and say, if he's only got £500, he's looking at the wrong car!!!

I'm surprised he's not offered to by it as a "trade" sale?

4 hours ago, metcars said:

I'm surprised he's not offered to by it as a "trade" sale?

thats tommos:lol:

6 hours ago, Max Branning said:

i bet you can gurantee sure as eggs is eggs that if you said yes to £500 he wouldnt show.

3 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

i bet you can gurantee sure as eggs is eggs that if you said yes to £500 he wouldnt show.

Yep! This why i agree to all of these kind of offers just to get rid of them, as soon as you agree you'll never here from them again, happy days!

Going along this line here of the messages, i am thinking of late there are quite a few, what i call part time traders, they scan the cheapies and offer even less, thinking they can make a bob or two, usually the difference between what they want to give you for it, lets say £500 and what you want for it £795 [295]. i think this because a few times if you do go down the line of responding you get the message "whereabouts r u ? " etc .

thoughts ? 

Tell 'em to go to Halfords & but a cheap pushbike. 

On 2017-6-13 at 10:36 PM, have a word with the wife said:

Or he would show with the intention of offering £400, so he has £100 left to put a tenner in the tank, take his chavvy missus and malnutritioned staf cruising,  then take a deserved trip to the bookies. 

I think you got away lightly, we had an old guy who bought a vehicle off us, became a regular pop in for a chat kind of guy...over time he divulged that he spend his last penny buying the vehicle, which were his savings for his funeral expenses, his missus wasn't too chuffed with him, so what he is going to do is put it in the will that we buy it back to cover his funeral expenses... thoughts?

I'd tell him to put in whatever he likes in his will, but come your funeral buddy, we shall not be contributing!!! 

54 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Can't he be buried in the car? Win, win?

Beat me to it!:D

• Like 1