Zsolt

Vauxhall Insignia gearbox

Hi there,

I have a Vauxhall Insignia Hatchback from 2009.

The engine is 2.0 cdti and 160bhp.

My gearbox got broken lately and do not know, which one is the matching type for this model.

F40 or M32, does anyone know it here?

I took a few photos from the bottom if it helps.

Many thanks

Zsolt

IMG_5273.JPG

IMG_5274.JPG

IMG_5275.JPG

IMG_5276.JPG

Thanks Jim.

The only problem is, I have to know for sure, because I stuck in Germany and already spend €1700 on clutch replacement.

I should figure out the exact type of the box, as I have to order it from the UK.

On a slightly different note, anyone know how to re set the service indicators on Insignia's?

Have sold one and serviced it but the indicator will not go away.

Many thanks

5 minutes ago, Frankieola said:

On a slightly different note, anyone know how to re set the service indicators on Insignia's?

Have sold one and serviced it but the indicator will not go away.

Many thanks

Really easy, its via the menu on the stick, there is an option to reset oil life, click confirm and bob's your uncle 

Many thanks for that Betginge, I have done that and it shows the oil life at 100%, still get a 'service due' showing when you start the car up though?

Cheers for your help.

If it shows 'Service Vehicle Soon' its not a service light, that's a general error message saying there's something wrong with the car. Get it on a machine. Could be a glow plug out from experience. 

I buy a few insignias at the min as I have mastered these gearbox repairs. 

I bought one the other month that was a 1.8petrol fitted with the f40 box which is just as a crap as m32. Basically as always 1st and 3rd were moving the gearstick and the normal wine had started. We took the box out, stripped down the box measured the bearings and bought them from bearings online, cost £58 with postage fitted back together with a tube of box sealer £9 from motor factors and good as new. 

Top tip is to replace the slave cylinder if the bearing is noisy (thrust bearing noise) however they are £160 new :(, ours had a tiny wine when depressed, we greased it up and it was like new. The thrust bearings seem to dry up really quick. 

so in total is costs about £90 to rebuild the box, Older insignias around 09 10 plate are peanuts now at the block always under book as dealers are trying to budget in box rebuild.  

• Like 1

On 2017-6-10 at 11:17 PM, DHill said:

If it shows 'Service Vehicle Soon' its not a service light, that's a general error message saying there's something wrong with the car. Get it on a machine. Could be a glow plug out from experience. 

Had this a few times on Insigna's and Astra's and has always been glow plugs. Be careful, they can snap easily !!!