Sign in to follow this  
Tom

June sales 2017

Downed my oldest car tonight for money back. One owner, 2009 40k mile Twingo Extreme. Had it since 13th of Jan. Nice tidy little thing its been advertised since the day I got it.

Not one single call, or text message in that 6 months. Stuck it on an eBay auction just to see the back of it. 

Strange day, went to collect a privately sourced car from some distance away, turned out to be not as advertised. Had value in it with some work, so managed to pick it up for the right price... eventually. Then sat in traffic for nearly 2 hours, missed an appointment for a viewing on another car. Got back, and gentleman phones and said he'd still like to come and look at the car, turns up, didn't really think it was for him, but liked another, fair enough.

Deal done, decent price, and the strangest part-ex I could imagine. 04 plate 1.1 Fiat Panda against a 94 Defender 110... one out the door though so I'm happy.

Little Panda isn't a bad motor to be honest, nice and clean and straight. Do they sell well?

IMG_0041.jpg

3 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

its a lot of miles :unsure:

Yes, 150k. Very odd for such a little motor. Might just get put on auction I think. Not my market really.

Might even stick some tax on it and throw it at the wife, she's been pestering me for a new car :lol:

Gave the guy £500 px for it, but he paid full whack for the 110, so I'm nae grumbling.

Took one of them in pex once 4x4 version - phone went off the hook. 

I used to sell them consistently but they slowed down for me so haven't bothered for a year or so.  Same with quite a few smaller cars that used to be 'popular'.

Not worth a toss, especially with those miles. It'll make nowt at the block so just sell it for peanuts.

As for them 4x4s even they've gone off the boil & can be picked-up retail for 3 figures. Last time I had a 4x4 I must of had every "Panda 4x4 nutter" in the U.K. on the phone or email - 90% were obviously absolute pillocks with nowt else better to do & most of those were without a pot to piss in. It went eventually to the one sensible person who phoned.

Edited by BHM

Slightly off thread, but would you rather have a painting by Picasso hanging in your office or a Defender in stock? I'm amazed what these things are fetching and selling for. 

On 26/06/2017 at 11:00 PM, MrC said:

Downed my oldest car tonight for money back. One owner, 2009 40k mile Twingo Extreme. Had it since 13th of Jan. Nice tidy little thing its been advertised since the day I got it.

Not one single call, or text message in that 6 months. Stuck it on an eBay auction just to see the back of it. 

Extreme translates to Extremely Bad Spec. I learnt the hard way on those after a Clio turned squatter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sparky said:

Slightly off thread, but would you rather have a painting by Picasso hanging in your office or a Defender in stock? I'm amazed what these things are fetching and selling for. 

I've got more chance of being able to afford a Picasso original than a Defender at the moment 

They have always demanded a premium, but they've shot up more since they've stopped being built in the UK. I think a lot of people assume they've stopped all together, but they're just bolted together overseas now, Turkey.... I think.

Well 3 this week 

Insignia, Golf S  & Astra 1.4t, we seem to be busy, have 2 guys going through the finance race for my lovely 320CLS, Both are trying to get docs in tomorrow, 1st come first served :lol:

6 this week. Some viewings booked in today and Monday aswell. Closed off being a great month.

Really, really short on stock though.

Eight this week.

It's been very, very busy.

Always a downside though...I desperately need stock and can't find any. :wacko:

40 minutes ago, tradex said:

Prices at Paddock Wood were obscene this end of month so guess that lots of guys are short on stock...the 'can't sell empty spaces' chestnut kicking in.

Yep, and we won't pay over the odds, we'd rather let the crazy buy them and sit on them for a couple of months.

Quite a few traders walked out of Peterborough yesterday saying it was too expensive - it's been that way for a while.

I had my eye on a nice clean 56 plate CR-V at Peterborough, but went for daft money, and I don't mind paying strong for good stock!!

I'm in the same boat, had a great June, but VERY low on stock, and nothing really on the horizon. 

Great start to this month, managed to do 2 deals today so far, which is a minor miracle in itself, as my pitch looks like a stall at the end of a busy car boot sale.....