Sign in to follow this  
Tom

June sales 2017

Its painful when its quiet, seems to bring out all the frigging loons, first call of the day on a £14k vehicle ''I'll give you £10k'' was not in the mood so i simply put the phone down and blocked the number, this might be my new go to tactic for these types of calls, does wonders for the blood pressure :D 

1 hour ago, M.J said:

Its painful when its quiet, seems to bring out all the frigging loons, first call of the day on a £14k vehicle ''I'll give you £10k'' was not in the mood so i simply put the phone down and blocked the number, this might be my new go to tactic for these types of calls, does wonders for the blood pressure :D 

I have taken to ignoring the low ball brigade, I used to engage them in a hope to get an offer closer to asking price. But then I realised they are just cunts

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Worked late last night and did two deals between 6.30 and 8pm.

8pm? I thought you said you worked late :lol:

Just joking - Good work you are on a flyer.

Steady stuff here, no records being broken.

13 hours ago, MrC said:

I have taken to ignoring the low ball brigade, I used to engage them in a hope to get an offer closer to asking price. But then I realised they are just cunts

:lol:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrC said:

Hahaha!! Nothing truer said!

• Like 1

Still trying to convert my approvals into sales, 

Got two down today, both local. All docs in but both cars they wanted have not been through prep, mad rush tomorrow to turn them around and get them out of the next day or so. 

its not to bad here but more to be done 

57 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

i need a big wiggly balloon, the ones where the arms flail about, sure it brings them in :unsure::lol:

am sure it does, I need get one two. 

1 out today, a insignia sri nice profit in it and took an ibiza in chop.

My other deal got pulled by the finance company due to bank statements not adding up. got to try and get him approved with another lender now -_-

1 hour ago, have a word with the wife said:

i need a big wiggly balloon, the ones where the arms flail about, sure it brings them in :unsure::lol:

Balloons sell cars

8 hours ago, tradex said:

I just can't seem to buy at the moment....and when I do they are pups:wacko:.....I'm starting to think I'm a clutch repair charity:)...still, it keeps our local mechanic busy so someone is earning.

I think 95% of cars are getting chopped-in cos they're half-knackered (and retail money repairs make them too much to repair) or punters have skipped a service a year ago & now they're due another MOT and now a big service sondecide to get rid. 

Just about everything needs a few quid chucking at it nowadays. Funnily enough the Mrs. yesterday asked was I losing my touch cos all the cars I now buy "are knackered" :D

I'm the same as most. I can't buy a sale.....although today I bought a cracking BMW 4 series cabriolet. Low mileage, M-Sport, all the Spec, spot on history, and the right colour. And I paid less than Cap clean.

But I swore a few months ago I would never by another Bimmer as I never seem to do well on them....and here I go again! 

If I can't make money on this one I'm DEFINATELY never buying another BM.

Absolutely manic here, first week was ok, last week was pants and then Friday and yesterday we've done 9 units, all on finance, all came through as walk ins and actually seemed like decent people. Problem is now the pitch is looking very bare; had the boys ready to collect some private purchases tomorrow to which I've had to move to today. 

I will never understand this game 

9 minutes ago, LISL said:

Absolutely manic here, first week was ok, last week was pants and then Friday and yesterday we've done 9 units, all on finance, all came through as walk ins and actually seemed like decent people. Problem is now the pitch is looking very bare; had the boys ready to collect some private purchases tomorrow to which I've had to move to today. 

I will never understand this game 

Proper day that good work. 

Really quiet yesterday had about 5 customers on site all day. Sold one and then one of the be backs actually called back and decided to go ahead with my car after we had ended negotiations miles apart on his PX. He must have been to a few more garages and been offered around the same as I offered him and I know the car he looked at of ours would have been nicer than any others out there.

• Like 1

Rory, one of the ones I had yesterday was an 2015 A5 but had a 13 plate Cooper to chop. Was a bit scruffy I won't lie, probably about £500 prep but ridiculously low mileage at 14k. White, all mod cons and auto. WBAC offered her 6k and Audi offered 6300! All it took was me top that by 250 and a smile and it was a done deal. 

Used to hate taking in part exchanges before, but since we've opened our bodyshop and mechanic off site I've become a lot more confident. Have told the sales guys to still price the same way but not to let it be a deal killer. Improved our margin by a fair whack

We had 4 customers yesterday and managed to convert 3 so a good days business for us. 

Avensis diesel 

fiesta 

Mazda 3

so standard stuff 

3 hours ago, LISL said:

Rory, one of the ones I had yesterday was an 2015 A5 but had a 13 plate Cooper to chop. Was a bit scruffy I won't lie, probably about £500 prep but ridiculously low mileage at 14k. White, all mod cons and auto. WBAC offered her 6k and Audi offered 6300! All it took was me top that by 250 and a smile and it was a done deal. 

Used to hate taking in part exchanges before, but since we've opened our bodyshop and mechanic off site I've become a lot more confident. Have told the sales guys to still price the same way but not to let it be a deal killer. Improved our margin by a fair whack

You don't like swappers !,we don't like straight deals unless they are on prime Chucky with commission ! We try and wait for the right swappers !

• Like 1

Sold 3 this week, that's a very good week for me by my standards, and the joint best week I've had in 3 months. First was crap margin, but that was due to the money I had to plugh into it, the second was a battle to get over the line but got there eventually without giving it away, and the third yesterday was a cracking sale in stark contrast to the first. Bought a TD5 110 Defender alledgedly needing a gearbox, got it nice and cheap, put it on the ramp and the transfer box bearing was noisy, replaced for £38+ (doddle of a job on a ramp), MOT'd as it had <5 months, passed with a couple of BS advisories, and sold after 4 days for a very tidy profit to a really nice young local lass into horse riding..... 'nuff said.

25 minutes ago, trade vet said:

You don't like swappers !,we don't like straight deals unless they are on prime Chucky with commission ! We try and wait for the right swappers !

I like the right PX's. 

I like all PX's at the right money.

This lad wanted £3.5 k for his trade in. I wanted to give £2200. 

He came back and I got the car at £2200. 

Cocktail night last night and I've got the mother of all hangovers. Wasn't planning on coming in but someone rang up on a car and sounded keen as mustard, prepared to drive 80 miles to get here so I made the effort to come in. They arrive on time, but don't like the colour. I know, please don't say anything. Then the phone goes and it's 247 asking if a 7 seater is still for sale, happy days. Well it was until i found out he owes £3000 on his £700 swapper so that's that. My head is pounding, I've missed the start of the grand prix and I'm now waiting for my 2.15 to turn up on a van. The way today is going I'm expecting him to say he wasn't aware there was VAT on it, or it's the wrong shade of white etc etc. If it's a hat trick, then the cat better hide.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sparky said:

Cocktail night last night and I've got the mother of all hangovers. Wasn't planning on coming in but someone rang up on a car and sounded keen as mustard, prepared to drive 80 miles to get here so I made the effort to come in. They arrive on time, but don't like the colour. I know, please don't say anything. Then the phone goes and it's 247 asking if a 7 seater is still for sale, happy days. Well it was until i found out he owes £3000 on his £700 swapper so that's that. My head is pounding, I've missed the start of the grand prix and I'm now waiting for my 2.15 to turn up on a van. The way today is going I'm expecting him to say he wasn't aware there was VAT on it, or it's the wrong shade of white etc etc. If it's a hat trick, then the cat better hide.

Feel your pain, it was the enemy's friend's 30th yesterday so went out. Realised I'm not 21 anymore, wounded! :wacko:

Fear not animal lovers, the cat has been saved.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sparky said:

Fear not animal lovers, the cat has been saved.

Get shot of the van?