Sign in to follow this  
Tom

June sales 2017

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Same, apart from I have a mini cooper s turbo which needs an engine but its going to BCA instead, take  massive hit on it but you win some you lose some. 

Too right, better to take the hit now rather than plough on with it, find other problems, then find it sits like an unloved orphan for 6 months & every day you look at its ugly face thinking "why didn't I take the hit in the first place?"!!

Been there, seen it, done it. Got the effing T-shirt.

57 minutes ago, tradex said:

In other news 207 1.4 clutches are cheap as fish heads though.....£39 plus VAT n labour...

Obviously not from Peugeot.

Main dealer parts prices are getting truly silly now.

Finally broken the duck and shifted a very clean Hyundai Coupe we took in part ex. Not great money but need something to get the ball rolling

3 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Finally broken the duck and shifted a very clean Hyundai Coupe we took in part ex. Not great money but need something to get the ball rolling

now give em it

lets go.............................:D

Ive got a nice Coupe S3 that needs going on ebay, not the type of thing for subprime.

Got 3 approves yesterday and one at the weekend. All booked in for saturday and monday, if i Can deal them all it will be a great start and on target for the month. 

2 Deals today 

a Nice 57 plate mazda 5 diesel with 60k, lovely car with great margin 

and a 60 plate Astra sri  1.4t over average miles but a lot of motor for someone with bad credit who is chopping in a 98 megane convertible. megane is a peice of shit which is saying somthing for me. 

Not a bad week this week, lots of approvals and movement with the finance companies trying a lot harder to make deals. running a bit short on 7 seaters, just bought in a 2010 kia carens cdi for handy money, £1950 with full history and they drive far better than your average zafira trash. this month is looking better already  

2 yesterday, picking up a bit but still generally quiet

Sold one.

Bought one (now developed a 4x4 fault)

Got two coming back with major warranty issues.

I officially hate June and all cars.

Good luck guys!

Dead. 2 gone on Saturday morning but since then just a handful of eBay idiots sending emails & a couple of tossers on the phone. 

A car trader (I Googled his mobile no.) giving me a load of B/S claiming he is retired & wanted a cheap car for charity work to take the elderly/sick to hospital etc. I was suspicious as soon as he said he'd send a transporter to collect.

Is this normal behaviour from traders from Birmingham? Depressing.

10 hours ago, BHM said:

Dead. 2 gone on Saturday morning but since then just a handful of eBay idiots sending emails & a couple of tossers on the phone. 

A car trader (I Googled his mobile no.) giving me a load of B/S claiming he is retired & wanted a cheap car for charity work to take the elderly/sick to hospital etc. I was suspicious as soon as he said he'd send a transporter to collect.

Is this normal behaviour from traders from Birmingham? Depressing.

Name & Shame ! 

can anyone please post up a picture of what a customer looks like?

ive forgotten

1 hour ago, s and b said:

can anyone please post up a picture of what a customer looks like?

ive forgotten

"got any cheap seven seaters? Ours is knackered. We've never done anything to it in three years though"

images.jpeg

• Like 1

1 Today , 09 focus, Was a Real messy deal to sort but we got there. Customer got out of his neg equity and into our focus and paying less per month, we had to take a hit on the price but got a nice G out of it. 

Got 6 approvals going through so looking really busy next week.

Guys...trade has been quiet everywhere,what do you expect.As Harold Macmillan said "events my dear boy,events".It could by like this until August.......Sit tight and buy some cheap stock !

The trouble is cheap stock is no longer cheap after the auction house has added on their bit & as for some of the scrap offered on Dealer Auction lately this jobs getting hard.

Is everyone finding that just about every car has a couple of hundred quid that needs shovelling into it to get it right? 

10 minutes ago, BHM said:

The trouble is cheap stock is no longer cheap after the auction house has added on their bit & as for some of the scrap offered on Dealer Auction lately this jobs getting hard.

Is everyone finding that just about every car has a couple of hundred quid that needs shovelling into it to get it right? 

There wasn't much to go wrong with Ford Cortina?:D

1 hour ago, metcars said:

There wasn't much to go wrong with Ford Cortina?:D

You did not have any Mk 1 Cortinas then.  !

4 hours ago, trade vet said:

You did not have any Mk 1 Cortinas then.  !

I thought someone was going to mention mk3, the "hole" in my argument?:D

We've really picked up since middle of last week, rescuing what was looking a flat month.

Will someone pass me the gun... I think I need to put myself out of misery!:blink:

I might even buy one of my own cars just to make a sale!! :P

20 days in and im off the starting blocks two sold today..

To be fair I spent a week in Portugal and a week in Cornwall so cant complain 

A roaring start to the week! 3 so far, however cheapies but a small wage from each one. Absolutely no interest whatsoever in any of my better stock.

As seems to be the norm nowadays, a few pillocks with raging hard-ons for cars who feel the need to phone every day to say they're "coming tomorrow". However tomorrow never comes for these tosspots.