Sign in to follow this  
Tom

June sales 2017

Had a no show yesterday. Sweet FA booked in for the weekend so far

Edited by MrC

One in ten days for us...worst period for a while now but at least the sun's shining!

Nothing yet, but enquiries have picked up a bit. 1 flakey appointment for later, who failed to show up last Saturday, and one possibly tomorrow. 

Has been a quiet week though. It always seems to go dead during half term week, but I don't understand why, not everyone's got kids.....

quiet couple at the start of the week, got a rav4 on the go that could bail me out

Traded 1 for a £700 loss, Got 1 appt on a car I wrongly told him i'd reduced! That'll make about £400. so not looking good for me either, however can only get better eh?.... I need a good June to make up for the dreadful May ( I was on holiday to be fair! )

Well my flakey appointment turned up, complete waste of time!

Came to look at my CR-V on at £3790, turned up in an old, battered, sunburst pink Honda Jazz with a towbar! Rear bumper was literally hanging off, huge scrape on the rear quater, every panel keyed. She had £2800 plus her car......... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh and she was given the car by her mother so it owed her zilch!!

Well, much to my amazement, they went away had some lunch, then came back and dealt.

Obviously came to their senses over a cheese and pickle sandwich, that my offer of £150 for their death trap was a good offer!! :lol:

Just to add to the doom and gloom

Since Wednesday Afternoon our phone line has been down, openreach can't get to us until monday -_- 

Really messed up chasing leads having no outgoing phone line, We do have one man approved just waiting for him to come down and sign next week. To be honest I can't wait for this week to end. rubbish week

Finally 1 on the board! Hardly any profit in it as its been in stock for a while but took in a nice px so should make up for it.

But its bloody hard work out there at the moment!

17 hours ago, M.J said:

Finally 1 on the board! Hardly any profit in it as its been in stock for a while but took in a nice px so should make up for it.

But its bloody hard work out there at the moment!

Even harder when your phone don't work, if the openreach man does not fix my line today I am going to Nail is hands to the local exchange 

Just done one more. Complete contrast from the numpty from yesterday!! Really nice chap, impressed with the car, no messing about, paid by bank transfer and taken it away. 

It's restored my faith in the human race!!

57 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

It's restored my faith in the human race!!

until tomorrow:P

23 minutes ago, s and b said:

Ha, very true!! I'll enjoy it for 24 hours!! :D

3 hours ago, s and b said:

Well it turns out it didn't last 24 hours, had someone threaten to "jab me one" because I had sold a car he'd come to look at earlier in the day..... :rolleyes:

On a more positive note, I've currently got a customer sitting in their car with a cup of tea, trying to sort out their insurance (only taken 45 mins so far!), if that comes off that will be 2 today.

What an eventful day it's been for a Monday!! :wacko:

After a 10 day draught, I sold PX to clear yesterday. Thinking about changing my name to morguemotors.co.uk

Still nothing.

Why is it during these quiet times all the nutters seem to come out?

Got a dodgy customer that keeps wanting a car we have on strap but they live 300 miles away, can't view it and want it delivered...and they phone every single day pretending to have forgotten the previous days conversation where I keep saying no way Jose.

Another wants our Bongo camper but the fact it's 4k less than anyone else's because its done 150k doesn't seem to negate the fact 'it's a big leggy mate' to them.

And finally the woman in a C1 who wants something smaller but with a bigger boot...I tried an IQ with the rear seats folded but it's too square apparently.

Give me strength.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I'm so quiet I'm actually missing the time-wasters.

You can have some of mine 

3 yesterday for me, and 3 over the weekend. Funnily enough all saw the ads (or at least told me they did) on eBay. Wonders never cease

Still on the 1!

Oh and an engine rebuild needed on a 2012 Astra :angry:

1 hour ago, M.J said:

Still on the 1!

Oh and an engine rebuild needed on a 2012 Astra :angry:

Same, apart from I have a mini cooper s turbo which needs an engine but its going to BCA instead, take  massive hit on it but you win some you lose some.