Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

May 2017

Good strong start here how is everyone else fairing?

7 days in 9 sold. 

We have had a right good couple of months on finance sales also which is a really welcome bonus.

Brilliant start here aswell. Selling a car a day at the moment. 7 in 7 days.

not as good as april here but its still early days

its june july august i hate

It's been okay. I'd like to have shifted a couple more pricey bits but it seems to be just the cheap stuff selling. We're only one weekend in though so lots of making up to do yet.

We're steady ish. 8 on the board and a few potentials.

Seem to be able to buy decent stuff at reasonable money though, which is welcome.

4 hours ago, SC Derby said:

Seem to be able to buy decent stuff at reasonable money though, which is welcome.

Same. 

Make hay I say!

Sold nine this month but managed to buy seventeen in the last ten days...always nice to be buying up good stock a sensible money because as we all know it doesn't often happen!

New subprime pitch opened this week, Been a real learning curve and took a few days to get things moving on the application front but the last 24 hours things have took off.

Sold a 2011 citroen c1 today and took a c3 in chop 

Also a 09 focus going out , customer due tomorrow to complete

kia carens 07 cdi on the way out also and tomorrow have an appointment for approved customer on a insignia or astra. 

8 hours ago, betginge said:

New subprime pitch opened this week, Been a real learning curve and took a few days to get things moving on the application front but the last 24 hours things have took off.

Sold a 2011 citroen c1 today and took a c3 in chop 

Also a 09 focus going out , customer due tomorrow to complete

kia carens 07 cdi on the way out also and tomorrow have an appointment for approved customer on a insignia or astra. 

Which lender/broker are you using?

Is there a way of just referring the business? I would prefer not to be FCA regulated.

There is a decent choice of sub prime lenders out there still, we have panel together now but we couldn't get on with some de to being a new business, as in its a new pitch with new limited company name. Even though I have been selling and had places for years it dont change anything to some.

You need a fca, you can use cf247 for referring customers without fca but to be honest you just will not retain the customer, as soon as they find out they have £5k to spend they will just start shopping around.

There is a particular method in running a sub prime pitch which has become a steep learning curve for us and we are just one week in.

Banger pitch on the over hand still going well, sold 2 focus 05 & 07 and leon this week. 

Good luck with your sub prime pitch,you will need to be a good player to make money.My experience ,awfull punters,even worse swappers ,usually with negative equity,no repeat business.Then down the line,the VAT man comes and picks holes in invoicing and finance agreements and gives you a big bill.Dont let me put you off,this was long ago and you are probably more switched on than we were.

Just one this weekend, Didnt chip me which seems a rarity these days.

Its still not on fire for me... To a few positives though my monthly books are easier to do, tax man wont get as much from me and I've made good progress on my camper. 

Edited by MrC

23 hours ago, betginge said:

There is a decent choice of sub prime lenders out there still, we have panel together now but we couldn't get on with some de to being a new business, as in its a new pitch with new limited company name. Even though I have been selling and had places for years it dont change anything to some.

Out of interest betginge...how are you finding subprime lenders acceptance rates at the moment?

I'm noticing a much higher percentage of declines over the last two months on sub prime and have found that applicant requirements around employment have changed a fair bit.

Best of luck with it by the way...personally I find it the hardest bit of the job. I hate stereotyping but I often find subprime clients are difficult to deal with, fail to understand that you're doing them a favour and have higher expectations than most other buyers of a used car despite their part ex's that they want all the money for being death traps!

13 in 13 days for me, great start to the month, now the problem of restocking!

Arrived at work to find door kicked in and office turned over this morning :angry:

Obviously searching for keys but nothing found. Whilst generally I am positive and upbeat etc it's put me in a right bad mood and disrupted a couple of handovers. 

Moan over back to it -_-

sorry to hear about this Rory, I've had it done a couple of times and sympathise with you fully these people are absolute scumbags. Keep you chin up mate and don't let it get you down.

That's disgusting, hope it doesn't knock you out of your stride too much mate. 

43 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Arrived at work to find door kicked in and office turned over this morning :angry:

Obviously searching for keys but nothing found. Whilst generally I am positive and upbeat etc it's put me in a right bad mood and disrupted a couple of handovers. 

Moan over back to it -_-

Sorry to hear that. 

We've been ticking over really nicely, still on course for 1 sale a  day which hasn't happened for a good few months.

My most pleasing was a FB sale, £25 sponsored post for 2 Zafiras I took in stock last week, I included the finance repayments in the ad and dealt one of them on finance yesterday from a FB direct message. Really made me happy that did.

• Like 1

I'm happy for you guys who are busy..... But I must admit I am utterly and completely dead. As our my neighbours. I sold 14 last month, this month I'm on 4 and to add insult to injury can't get near sourcing any stock. Maybe it's just me......

We're with you MSP Motors, a really good April, nothing much for May at all, twidling our thumbs and drinking coffee!

On 5/15/2017 at 10:31 AM, grant8064 said:

Out of interest betginge...how are you finding subprime lenders acceptance rates at the moment?

I'm noticing a much higher percentage of declines over the last two months on sub prime and have found that applicant requirements around employment have changed a fair bit.

Best of luck with it by the way...personally I find it the hardest bit of the job. I hate stereotyping but I often find subprime clients are difficult to deal with, fail to understand that you're doing them a favour and have higher expectations than most other buyers of a used car despite their part ex's that they want all the money for being death traps!

Could not agree more. Its been a tough old week, We have had great response and lots of leads, to be honest I think most of the chancers with no hope credit have applied in droves. Been difficult sifting through the crap to find some customers to deal. Sub prime customers are pain but I knew this before we started. 

I have sent over 20 props to  sub prime lenders and only 5 got accepted, 2 we dealt 1 bought elsewhere after we did the hard work getting them approved. 1 is  due in to deal tomorrow and the other lied about pay slip earnings on proof, was about 5 mins from dealing when it stalled by finance company. Now gotta wait 3 weeks before we can get him back in to deal when pay slips in order.

Got a few more leads to move on tomorrow so if we can get another couple of deals done this week I will be happy with the start. 

I agree subprime has took dive in the last few months, some lenders have stopped lending, or not taking on new dealers, some are just not interested in doing business Cf247:mellow: . There is still deals to be had out there with some lenders and am sure more lenders will come along soon enough.

9 hours ago, betginge said:

Could not agree more. Its been a tough old week, We have had great response and lots of leads, to be honest I think most of the chancers with no hope credit have applied in droves. Been difficult sifting through the crap to find some customers to deal. Sub prime customers are pain but I knew this before we started. 

I have sent over 20 props to  sub prime lenders and only 5 got accepted, 2 we dealt 1 bought elsewhere after we did the hard work getting them approved. 1 is  due in to deal tomorrow and the other lied about pay slip earnings on proof, was about 5 mins from dealing when it stalled by finance company. Now gotta wait 3 weeks before we can get him back in to deal when pay slips in order.

Got a few more leads to move on tomorrow so if we can get another couple of deals done this week I will be happy with the start. 

I agree subprime has took dive in the last few months, some lenders have stopped lending, or not taking on new dealers, some are just not interested in doing business Cf247:mellow: . There is still deals to be had out there with some lenders and am sure more lenders will come along soon enough.

That all kind of backs up how I have been getting on with the sub prime of late. Much tougher to get people on of late.

Glad it has started busily for you...keep plugging away!