Sign in to follow this  
XFS

BCA Grading?

It's a mystery to me. I,m not really complaining, as I reckon it evens out in my favour.

Examples. 

Audi A5 Black Edition Grade 2 - needed a full front bumper repaint, a rear bumper corner a couple of dents taken out and all 4 alloys refurbed. Total spend £700 Grade 3/4 car

Merc C250 Grade 3 - pristine, I mean really pristine, not so much as a scratch on the alloys. Retail condition, nothing spent. A grade 1 car all day long.

Seat Ibiza Grade 3 -needed 9 dents removed ( yes 9!) over 4 panels, front and rear bumper corners, all 4 alloy refurbed. Total spend £500 plus lots of polishing and lots of swearing. Grade 4 at best

Audi TT. Grade 4 - But almost retail condition - 2 dents and 2 alloys. Total spend £160. Grade 2 car at worst. It's the first Grade 4 car I,ve ever bought on line (First grade 4 full stop) and I was literally cr**ing myself. Surprise and relief when I saw it, I keep looking at it wondering what I'm missing.

Last 4 Alfa's all Grade 3 - one a fair Grade 3 going on 4, One probably bang on the nail Grade 3, the other two were easily Grade 2.

Manheim are the same - Bought a few Galaxys recently grade 4 online.

Literally needed 4 alloy refurbs and a very, very thorough wet vac on the interior.

11 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Manheim are the same - Bought a few Galaxys recently grade 4 online.

Literally needed 4 alloy refurbs and a very, very thorough wet vac on the interior.

How much you paying for your alloy furb @Rory RSC  be grateful for a contact as I am struggling to find a alloy man who aint some chancer who has started p with a combo van and flick can of silver ;) 

Think we can top that, Grade 5 Renault Megane with poor previous repair on most panels bought from VW sale (don't know what a Renault was doing in a VW sale). There was absolutely nothing wrong with the paintwork, I've had grade 2s with worse paint. Needed no prep and made a very tidy profit.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:31 PM, betginge said:

How much you paying for your alloy furb @Rory RSC  be grateful for a contact as I am struggling to find a alloy man who aint some chancer who has started p with a combo van and flick can of silver ;) 

Whereabouts in Cheshire are you?

I use Prestige wheels if it's just the face that needs doing. Their mobile service is great and close enough to a factory finish and its £50 plus VAT per wheel.

Or if they are really bad I use one of the powder coaters like Platinum Coatings who charges £200 for all 4 stripped, repaired and powder coated. That includes tyres removed/replaced and re-balanced.

On 5/6/2017 at 8:59 AM, XFS said:

It's a mystery to me. I,m not really complaining, as I reckon it evens out in my favour.

Examples. 

Audi A5 Black Edition Grade 2 - needed a full front bumper repaint, a rear bumper corner a couple of dents taken out and all 4 alloys refurbed. Total spend £700 Grade 3/4 car

Merc C250 Grade 3 - pristine, I mean really pristine, not so much as a scratch on the alloys. Retail condition, nothing spent. A grade 1 car all day long.

Seat Ibiza Grade 3 -needed 9 dents removed ( yes 9!) over 4 panels, front and rear bumper corners, all 4 alloy refurbed. Total spend £500 plus lots of polishing and lots of swearing. Grade 4 at best

Audi TT. Grade 4 - But almost retail condition - 2 dents and 2 alloys. Total spend £160. Grade 2 car at worst. It's the first Grade 4 car I,ve ever bought on line (First grade 4 full stop) and I was literally cr**ing myself. Surprise and relief when I saw it, I keep looking at it wondering what I'm missing.

Last 4 Alfa's all Grade 3 - one a fair Grade 3 going on 4, One probably bang on the nail Grade 3, the other two were easily Grade 2.

This is why it annoys me when remote dealers complain that they have been stitched up online with poor descriptions because over the course of a year, I bet we win a lot more that we lose, but we do like to moan :)

Manheim are a lot harsher on their cars than BCA, no question, and I'll look at all their Grade 5 cars whilst on the other hand, BCA grade 5's really are rough and not worth bothering with. I just wish BCA would follow what Manheim do and report any odours in the car. Maybe when filling out those BCA monkey surveys those of us on here could mention it, you never know, they might listen to the peasants :) 

4 minutes ago, sparky said:

This is why it annoys me when remote dealers complain that they have been stitched up online with poor descriptions because over the course of a year, I bet we win a lot more that we lose, but we do like to moan :)

Manheim are a lot harsher on their cars than BCA, no question, and I'll look at all their Grade 5 cars whilst on the other hand, BCA grade 5's really are rough and not worth bothering with. I just wish BCA would follow what Manheim do and report any odours in the car. Maybe when filling out those BCA monkey surveys those of us on here could mention it, you never know, they might listen to the peasants :) 

Yes, I wish they would also list things like electric windows or mirrors not working, broken switches etc.

Fixing a broken electric window or replacing a mirror is equivalent to painting a panel or refurbishing alloys. Broken window switch not mentioned in a report cost me £190 to replace.

But as you say, I reckon we win more than we lose. I have no real complaints.

Bit of a lottery though the whole system, which is why i prefer to buy from a non franchised auction, at least you get to go have a good look over them the day before and decide from there.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2017 at 12:35 PM, justina3 said:

Bit of a lottery though the whole system, which is why i prefer to buy from a non franchised auction, at least you get to go have a good look over them the day before and decide from there.

But at auctions they are not always in good condition. But I think that I can help you with this issue, I even wrote my dissertation about BCA, just check this out and you will find the best dissertation writing service, there you will find all the materials for writing your dissertation, I think it will be useful for you.

Edited by Warrature

11 minutes ago, Warrature said:

But at auction they are not always in good condition.

Bit of grave digging there, but just goes to show how times change fast in this industry.

• Like 1

This is why you MUST attend auctions. I have bought mint grade 4’s with no mech report on condition report that you simply would not buy online. 

I had a grade 5 out of walsall yesterday.

Other than a spanked clutch its a really bright thing definitely not a grade 5.

Makes up for the grade 3 from last week with a smashed in front end.